It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Are these Relto page ideas good?
Yes(why?) 88%  88%  [ 23 ]
No(why?) 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Ask me in Er'Cana(why?) 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Relto Suggestions
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:23 pm 

I think there should be more pages to the relto book, even a way to fill the 2nd bookshelf with journels and other books you find in the ages. I would also like a page that expands the hut into the cliff and possibly down into a cave like home for the player, I can think of at least 3 or 4 pages that could add to relto:

Cavern Page(adds the lower rooms of the hut by moving the wardrobe into them and placing the door there),

Bed Page[Requires Cavern Page for access, bed fits 1 player each](adds a bed to one of the extra rooms of the hut that the player can actually lay on),

Custom Room Page[Requires Cavern Page for access](adds a room with a panel that allows you to orginize objects from other relto pages in the room, this would add a way beyond the viewer for players to add their own touch to their Relto),

Ocean Page(turns the clouds around the Relto island into water that the player can not swim in due to the sea life in it)

Those are my 4 ideas for new Relto pages and additional bookshelf options. The pages that require the Cavern page would be in 1 or 2 ages that you only get access to from the Cavern page meaning the Cavern Page could be a reward from completing a task so that a new circle could be unlocked.

how the custom room could work: you put your Relto book into a pedastol and then it scans for what pages you have, then it shows a listing of symbols from the pages at the bottom of a grid and people drag the symbols to where in the room they want a miniture version of some stuff(Er'cana plants) or if an object needs a wall it will only be placeable on the outer area of the grid. and arrows could let the player scroll through the symbols. with plants they would become potted in the room or have ground around them. and with the butterfly or bird symbol they would be put in a box or cage(making it easy to look at the bird)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:21 pm 

for Yes and No Please post a comment about what you like or didn't like about my idea, for the Er'cana answer I put that in because it was my favorite age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:33 pm 

I like your ideas, but I also want a night page, a clear sky page, and a custom relto page that would work like the custom room page, except that it would apply to the island.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:33 pm 

A page to make it wintertime combined with an ocean page! Then we could ice skate!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:13 pm 

Ocean + Boat + Other Islands. New places to explore!

Plus, I'd like to see a Mangree Relto page (probably not possible) which places a Mangree on one of these new isles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

The custom room one would be madness to some extent to implement, I'd figure... unless say they were specific locations predefined. Like say you put your potted plant in one of 5 locations, and then the game just picks which of the 5 plants to make visible and turn on collision for. Same for any other thing... the tough part then would be laying it out but maybe a specialized KI interface? Hm.

Anyways, that could work actually, those ideas. I'd like to see a secondary bedroom underneath or possibly around the side from the hut (someone was working on that one, carving up pieces of the model and laying in a way along and down, I saw).

As for the bookcase? Simple. Journals. While the left bookshelf is linking books, the right one is history and reference.. so why not add all of the assorted journals you can find? Or copy of at least.. when you click them in the age they're added to relto (if not there already) and opened to read. A quick handy compilation.. though they'd need a better sorting system because of the presence of say a few dozen kings etc :wink:

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Gondar wrote:
Anyways, that could work actually, those ideas. I'd like to see a secondary bedroom underneath or possibly around the side from the hut (someone was working on that one, carving up pieces of the model and laying in a way along and down, I saw).

That is correct. Customizing Relto (or any other existing Age) in Uru:CC is not too difficult actually (Uru is made so that additions to Ages are easy), the difficult part is to turn that into a working Yeesha Page. That's why I never actualy completed and published this project.
And then there's the added difficulty of having multiple Yeesha pages from different people; where some of them could be potentially conflicting.. This is a problem that cannot be solved; which makes user-created Yeesha Pages more or less impractical in MOULa. (unless there is some sort of checking/approval process, which could be a little complicated)

Post subject: Shorah All
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:00 am 

Shorah All

The idea to develop in uru sounds exciting. if it can be done.

I wonder if it could be done, both in Relto and other Age, such as the gap that we get to keep from yeesha.

We get on and off clothes, it could conceivably you could get donations of furniture, plants ect bonfire in Relto.

Could you get a hammer something wooden, another tool to repair Yeesha's walkway ect in the gap.

All through the gap that you could use campfire for barbeques and fun with friends and maybe use the caravan.

Small rowing boats that sail in from Age to Age, or just around the canals. The boys would love it.

Yes several pages of the books in Relto. Maybe a shelf for several trips.

Shorah from sha'nie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:09 am 
Obduction Backer

i like these ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:58 am 
Obduction Backer

An Ocean page? But Relto is "The High Place"...wouldn't adding an Ocean make it "The Low Place"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:59 pm 

OHB wrote:
An Ocean page? But Relto is "The High Place"...wouldn't adding an Ocean make it "The Low Place"?

What if "High Place" is not to be taken literally? What if it means something like, "the most important place", or something like that? :)

KI#46415
KI#80658

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jamey wrote:
OHB wrote:

What if "High Place" is not to be taken literally? What if it means something like, "the most important place", or something like that? :)

And since when are oceans necessarily "low"? This could be an entire ocean (or it could be a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_titicaca"]lake[/url], of course) elevated above the normal level for the Age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Or the ocean could be really deep; which would make Relto the highest point of the Age. :)
On earth the deepest point in the ocean ('Marianne trench' near Japan) is deeper than the highest mountain. (11.500m vs 8.800m)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:20 pm 

Marianne trench is between Japan and Papua New Guinea. Deepest point is nearer Papua New Guinea than Japan

Zap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:04 am 

Gehn, lord of ages wrote:
Jamey wrote:
OHB wrote:

And since when are oceans necessarily "low"? This could be an entire ocean (or it could be a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_titicaca"]lake[/url], of course) elevated above the normal level for the Age.

Or continuing this idea further, one would be able to look over the side of Relto and see water at the foot of the island, making it still constitute as a high place, and giving a legitimate reason for why you can't leave the bounds of the age (the fall would break you).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next