It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:23 pm 

Heres one for the Guild of writers that may pose a bit of a challenge. If you think your good enough A parade float created as a giant kickable object with a hollow section inside for an AV

To see where your going if any one remembers the tent near the great tree in Dni with the canvas you can see threw if you where in the tent or just use third person view

Use fly mode to get inside the float then turn fly mode off and their you go. A giant kickable that you move from the inside, and from the out side its a Parade float. or if you have ever used fly mode to get into the middle of the wedges on Relto and turned Flymode off, you'll notice you can walk out from the middle of the wedges if you can turn that inside -out you would have a float that you can walk into and then hafta link out of, no flymode needed or just put the float over a link in point

From what I hear The GoW already had that Idea in the archives but was waiting for Open source to get started and stabilized I just though I would mention it here to see what others think

Oh common guys what a parade without floats

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:35 am 

After experimenting with tip proof chess men I think I discovers how to make Parade floats with 3DStudio Max, using the "use alternate shape" thingy in the "bounding shape" box under simple in the Components manager window.

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:02 pm 

In PotS these could be implemented as vehicles (plVehicleMod) like the Zandimobile.
Unfortunately, that was never ported to MOUL and PhysX.

The floats could also be animated objects with a predefined path (like the Er'cana harvester).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:28 am 

I was thinking of something a bit easer. AV powered floats just get inside the float and push the alternate shape attached to it
Technically its a method I would think its a lot less trouble

Not to mention everything we need is in the Plugins Cyan have available for 3DStudio Max.

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't know about the Max plugin but with Blender I whipped this up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlXtrF-pQAk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:55 pm 

Cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:47 pm 

With Max and the plugins you can do basically the same thing

OK we know it can be done with both Blender and Max, What we need now is some parade floats and an age to put them in. Unless Cyan would be willing to (sometime in the future perhaps) let us use D'ni or Bevin

E=mc2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]