It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:30 pm 

I have done everything I'm supposed to here(even cheated with a walktthrough.) . I have pushed the right button on the compass, and the alarm didn't go off. BUT it's still very dark where i'm supposed to find the linking book. I have tried to search for it by pressing like a maniac on my ipod screen with no luck.
What am I doing wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi Tovoie

Make sure that you have a full charge on the battery in the lighthouse. it takes quite a few turns of the generator handle to get the gauges on the battery to the top (touch the battery to check)
Sounds like maybe your charge is just running out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:55 pm 

I tried that, but it didn't work. I forgot to mention that it is in the ship I don't have any lights. I know that the compass light turned on, but I can't see anything when I'm on the bottom of the staircase.
Thanks for a quick response

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Did you reset the compass after making sure the the battery is fully charged? I am heading over to Stoneship now to see If I can come up with another possible suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:10 pm 

How do you reset the compass? Thought I only was supposed to press the correct button on the compass, go back and drain the ship and the light would be on in the ship. That's the only thing I've done after I got the red bookpage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:13 pm 

How do you reset the compass? Thought I only was supposed to press the correct button on the compass, go back and drain the ship and the light would be on in the ship. That's the only thing I've done after I got the red bookpage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

tovoie wrote:

Yes that is right but if the power had run out you would need to re charge the battery and then press the correct button on the compass again. If you just recharge the battery it doesn't work. . . I just checked to be sure that was correct. and that is the only way I have been able to reproduce your problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:40 pm 

Thank you so much for all you help:) I finally made it:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good to hear! You are welcome! come back any time if you need help or just want to chat ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:18 am 

I have charged the battery, pressed the 12th button on the compass, gone back to press button to drain the lower ship but by the time I get to lower ship, it is still too dark. Do I need to go recharge the battery after resetting the compass BEFORE going to the button to drain the lower ship level?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Maybe you are not cranking it up enough it take several turn of the crank to get a full charge. You can look at the battery gauge by touching the battery if you see a horizontal line in the white gauge area it's not a full charge.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:03 pm 

I finally figured it out!!! It took almost 20 full cranks on the generator to get the white battery charge level indicator to the top! Once I did that I had plenty of time to get to the compass, back to the water pump panel and then to the lower level where FINALLY I COULD SEE!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good to hear! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:44 pm 

Hi,
I've fully charged the generater, like completely, and then charged it some more just to make sure, then I go down to the compass room, push the 12th button on the compass, run up to change the pump button under the umbrella so I can get down in the ship, and I go down and it's all still dark.
I can't get there any faster or more directly.. The generater is completely charged, is it the 12th button on the compass?
I'm wondering if there is anything else on this world that I'm supposed to do to get it working?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well... the easiest way to tell if you've got the wrong button is what happens when you push it. Do lights turn on, or does an alarm sound?

I can't remember if the twelfth button is the correct one, but you'll know if it's right, and the lights should remain on.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next