It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Some Questions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:37 pm 

I think that a very small number of people already know about my purely IC alt, EJ Harrington. Since RP seems scarce right now (or perhaps always) I don't do much with him. The general idea, however, is that he is supposed to be in D'ni to survey "unopened" ages...in other words as a venue for my own creative works. My hope is that at some point I can find someone who will be willing to work with me on creating the ages he visits. But there are a few questions I have regarding what I can and can not do.

First and foremost: Do I need an FCAL to tell his story?

There are a few other questions I have as well;

What's the best place to post full journals? (For now he publishes short logs on his imager, at EJ Harrington's Bevin)

I have seen imagers with pictures imported from outside of MOULa, is this okay to do?

If so, how do I do it? Would anyone work with me on creating "snapshots" or "journal sketches" for his travels?

...and last but not least: Is anyone interested in his story?

Post subject: Re: Some Questions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Je'thren wrote:
First and foremost: Do I need an FCAL to tell his story?

You can find the answers in RAWA's Guidelines for Official Story/Age Creation

Quote:
What's the best place to post full journals?

The DRC forum is a good place for IC posts.

Quote:
I have seen imagers with pictures imported from outside of MOULa, is this okay to do?

Not on Cyan's MOULa server.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:51 pm 

Je'thren wrote:
I think that a very small number of people already know about my purely IC alt, EJ Harrington. Since RP seems scarce right now (or perhaps always) I don't do much with him. The general idea, however, is that he is supposed to be in D'ni to survey "unopened" ages...in other words as a venue for my own creative works. My hope is that at some point I can find someone who will be willing to work with me on creating the ages he visits. But there are a few questions I have regarding what I can and can not do.

There has always been I/C in the cavern. Cavern Communications Network is a rarely OOC and largely IC (in real time) story that has managed to survive since Auust, 2005. We believe in explorer stories that exist of the midst of canon. We frequently speak of canon, but we never intrude on canon, because we don't need to do that. Explorer stories, our opinions, our backgrounds and our reasons for being in the cavern are own, and come about while we experience cavern life.

IMHO Considering at canon from an slightly outsider perspective is a bunch of fun
Of course, should the authors of canon ever return to write, it would be nice of them to throw out a storytelling bone every once in a Ahnonay moon.

Sometimes we parody other fiction or adapt tales to fit our cavern exploration. Our machinema, from The Phantom and the Bot, a Cavern Christmas Carol and our upcoming Murder on the Er'canna Express are examples of how we go about paying tribute to MOUL without interferring with it.

It sounds like your surveyor character is a perfectly reasonable IC character to write a story about.

Good luck with your writing, and if you want to take a looksee into what we do on a time to time basis (we have non-meetings and non-deadlines) you are welcome to meander: http://www.caverncommunicationsnetwork.com.
Oh and we tend to laugh a lot. So caution about that too. :D

Ahvree
Ruby O'Degee

EDIT: btw: we never ask a person, if they are real or not? IC or something ese? It sounds like an ir-real-evant question to me. The cavern, afterall is a state of mind over geographical matter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:29 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Je'thren wrote:

As others have said, you shouldn't attempt to do this on the live MOULa server, but from the perspective of creativity and story telling, there's nothing to stop someone doing a "mock up" in something like Photoshop.

The other thing to remember is to only involve characters in your story that you're "in control of": Don't involve other players characters without their permission and knowledge of what you're doing, and in particular avoid RP'ing the DRC or Yeesha in your story. For example, if you say you met Dr. Watson on one of your expeditions then the real Dr Watson might turn up later saying he was somewhere else at the time. You might however meet someone who claims to be Dr Watson but may later shown to be an imposter.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]