It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:47 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:17 am 
Obduction Backer

I would like to see this: http://www.jamodeler.com/myst/GuildHall_20100326.jpg and be able to explore it in all it's glory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

sideshow118 wrote:
I would like to see this: http://www.jamodeler.com/myst/GuildHall_20100326.jpg and be able to explore it in all it's glory.

Oh man how cool it would be to explore that!

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:04 pm 

I would like to see a way to build the client with WINE (winelib to be exact), so that we have a "almost" native client under Linux and OSX. At least until the major refactorings like replacing DirectX with OpenGL and PhysX with some other physics library are done that will enable to build "real" native clients under Linux and OSX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:50 pm 

What I would like to see:

Chairs or benches, perhaps around tables, where we could sit and visit. Obviously my legs don't get tired standing and talking for hours, but it would seem more natural if we could sit around a table in the Pub or something.

Games, like chess or checkers, that we could play.

A continuation of the story. I know that's not really related to open source, but as others have mentioned I would like to see IC explanations for everything and the ability to write Ages as being strictly a D'ni thing rather than something that creative computer buffs do for fun. Specifically, I would like to see active rolls for the related Guilds in all of this, within the framework of D'ni traditions.

Finally, I would like to see the city itself restored. That is, cracks repaired, damaged buildings fixed, lighting restored. I would like to see the cavern moving from what it is now to what it used to be before the fall. Sort of like this: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:06 pm 

cedward1 wrote:
Chairs or benches, perhaps around tables, where we could sit and visit. Obviously my legs don't get tired standing and talking for hours, but it would seem more natural if we could sit around a table in the Pub or something.

Games, like chess or checkers, that we could play.

The case for a fan age with this sort of thing in is exceptionally strong, and will be my next project on completing Llantern provided that nobody else gets there first. A D'ni based social area with social games to play. An area that has enough content in to facilitate people just hanging around in there chatting and gaming in Uru. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:02 pm 

I have another idea: What if we were to integrate a web browser (a mozilla backend, perhaps) into the KI, for those of us who are either too lazy or experience crashes alt+tabbing? I know some other games have also used this kind of integrated web browser, such as Star Wars Galaxies, and even the Steam client.

The KI has a lot of potential to be a universal tool. I mean, we could put in a potload of functionality into the device, and, by extension, Uru Live itself.

I believe Pidgin is open, so what if we were to borrow some of their protocols to bring new functions to the KI. Being able to answer IMs, check mail, and browse the web while transitioning back to the client with a click of a button could be something of interest.

Idk if some people have mentioned these already. I know I've harped on the idea of bringing a media player into MOUL.

Here's another idea regarding that, though. The KI is able to record images, so why not include music playing? In fact, if we were to include a media directory searching system, a la iTunes, we could easily point the KI to a given "my music" directory. By default, the KI only plays on a personal level (only the user can hear it). But, it can be set to broadcast on a public scale (age-wide), or even set up a radio stream (using a KI number, which other KIs can "tune" into, Security settings, such as password encryption might be of interest) that broadcasts through the shard. Of course, the media is completely subjective, and the user would have to connect to the broadcasting KI.

If the KI concept doesn't fly, we could use a canen (spelling?) that's made to be like a radio. Possibly Relto pages that put a radio canen in your Relto?

That's another thing I'm wondering: Will it be possible to change a person's Relto? I don't mean adding things, but doing things such as making a large island to explore. Basically, using a different Age as your Relto? (Same or similar function, but with a completely different shape or appearance.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

A lot of these changes would break the immersion. One thing to remember is that Cyan did not take an engine and made a game around it -- they took a game and made an engine for it. Same goes for the KI and all other ways you can interact with the game. Of course, there's nothing stopping you from modifying the code and logging in with your build.

Ah, yes, what I would like to see. Fixed Gahreesen wall, no Bevins (or maybe a link in City Locations for it), and an "outsourcing" of the story. Letting volunteers run the story if Cyan does not have time to do one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

I agree with the simple idea of having places to sit. Delin is a good place for that. *Tons* of seating in there. I remember one time after a Delin run a group of us just lingered there, sat at the Gazebo upstairs and chatted into the wee hours. City locations need more seats, the Watcher's Pub especially (how bout removing those curtains?) Bevin has *no* seating at all. Standing around in a circle will have to suffice, but wouldn't it be neat if there was a sort of living room with plenty of seating? Adding more games to play would also be a neat touch. Existing games such as the aforementioned Chess or Checkers or even perhaps Go and D'ni games such as Gemdet.

Another fix to the Ki that's been urgently needed are those darn blasted auto reply afk messages. It's tiersome when they're displayed any time you chat publicly when someone is examining something up close (reading a book, looking in a scope, etc) it's disruptive, inconvienent and uglies up the chat que... and i dunno about anyone else but i just simply don't care who's on the surface when i'm talking to a whole crowd. the only reason i would is if i just happened to want them to see what i wrote specifically. Now when it comes to PMing an individual, that's fine, but keep it out of group chat. the wording is also beyond me....

"I'm on the surface. Be back in a minuite."

Now it seems that the reference to the "surface" is supposed to be an IC explination but it just doesn't hold up. The player's on the surface as usual but the avvie is squatting somewhere in URU or examining something up close. also, how does the game know that we'll be returning in exactly 60 seconds? and from what moment? the moment they went afk or the moment the message was delivered? regardless, i've found that alot of people don't even understand what that message means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
\Another fix to the Ki that's been urgently needed are those darn blasted auto reply afk messages.

"I'm on the surface. Be back in a minuite."

Now it seems that the reference to the "surface" is supposed to be an IC explination but it just doesn't hold up. The player's on the surface as usual but the avvie is squatting somewhere in URU or examining something up close. also, how does the game know that we'll be returning in exactly 60 seconds? and from what moment? the moment they went afk or the moment the message was delivered? regardless, i've found that alot of people don't even understand what that message means.

Yes! This!

The message seems a bit tongue-in-cheek. Obviously they are NOT on the surface since they are still down in the Cavern. As for "be back...", that's just how you'd say it IRL.

Anyway, maybe this should be replaced by brackets near people who are afk or something similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm sorry if I didn't read every post and this came up?

I want to be able to sit next to the fire pit in the lawn chair in the desert ( not sure of the canon name ) with friends able to join me or just to be able to sit with a fire alone..C'mon writers!!! You know you want that too!!! 8)

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Charura wrote:
I'm sorry if I didn't read every post and this came up?

I want to be able to sit next to the fire pit in the lawn chair in the desert ( not sure of the canon name ) with friends able to join me or just to be able to sit with a fire alone..C'mon writers!!! You know you want that too!!! 8)

so what you're saying is... "MAKE THE CLEFT MULTIPLAYER!!" yeah... i'm with you all the way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:29 pm 

cedward1 wrote:
What I would like to see:
Finally, I would like to see the city itself restored. That is, cracks repaired, damaged buildings fixed, lighting restored. I would like to see the cavern moving from what it is now to what it used to be before the fall. Sort of like this: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This is what I also would like to see, and get behind all the closed doors.Also like to get to see the apartments in the Bevins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:34 pm 

I made this a while ago:

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... las+wanted

maybe it could still be useful.

Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom

member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent

"I invented the term the Bevin Generation do I get a spot in Mystlore?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:38 pm 

I think this site sums it up nicely

http://chiso.uruslasthope.com/

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:06 pm 

jadawin12 wrote:
I made this a while ago:

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... las+wanted

maybe it could still be useful.

Those are some GREAT ideas!

James 1:19
"... Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next