It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fun House Hang Over
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:01 am 
Obduction Backer

I just decided that the effects in the "Fun House" sticking with a player after they leave the "Fun House" are much like a drunken hang over. I am not sure if that should be one word or not, please excuse my ignorance. I Relto'd out of the most recent "Fun House" and as usual the effects followed me. I don't think the typical player really wants this "lasting" effect. If they leave they mean to LEAVE. The grey hats do great things. Now they need to learn how to confine their "wonderfulness" to the "Fun House". Why should those that are interested in the latest fun house be forced to totally leave and re-enter the game to remove the fun house effects? The grey hats are doing good things but I wish they would find a way to keep their "cleverness" confined to the fun house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:12 am 
Obduction Backer

This is covered in the "Everything You Need to Know" topic as well as several others.

Quote:
Some illusions are so convincing that you'll see them even after you leave. Some people have taken pictures of Kerath's Arch in the Cleft. This is an example of a "persistent illusion".

Sadly there is no way of stopping it right now... not sure if there will ever be either :P Hang over is a interesting term btw ;)

Last edited by tanshin on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:20 am 

I have to say I like the effects following me. I can go to other ages and see places that we otherwise would not be able to see. As a long time player this keeps me coming back to see what is new in the Fun House. The Fun House brought back the excitement I had back when we were getting new ages. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Post subject: Re: Fun House Hang Over
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:23 am 
Obduction Backer

jek wrote:
I just decided that the effects in the "Fun House" sticking with a player after they leave the "Fun House" are much like a drunken hang over. I am not sure if that should be one word or not, please excuse my ignorance. I Relto'd out of the most recent "Fun House" and as usual the effects followed me. I don't think the typical player really wants this "lasting" effect. If they leave they mean to LEAVE. The grey hats do great things. Now they need to learn how to confine their "wonderfulness" to the "Fun House". Why should those that are interested in the latest fun house be forced to totally leave and re-enter the game to remove the fun house effects? The grey hats are doing good things but I wish they would find a way to keep their "cleverness" confined to the fun house.

While obviously some people do feel that way, others are interested in seeing the effects in other places.

It seems to me like it makes more sense to expect those who don't want to see it take the simple step of logging out and in again, versus denying everyone the chance because some people don't appreciate it?

I also think we all tend to assume that our own style of exploration is "typical," but that may not actually be the case. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Anna Catherine wrote:
I also think we all tend to assume that our own style of exploration is "typical," but that may not actually be the case.

Well put AC...

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:59 am 
Obduction Backer

This subject has been beaten to death a million times over and over again. It is even mentioned in the sticky with everything that you need to know about The Fun House.

For some light reading:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24365
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24361
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24295
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24269

Can you people stop beating the dead horse now?

Thanks from someone who would "rather be coding."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:03 pm 

Spoil sport I often like to flog a dead horse (well he ain't going to feel it) to relax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:44 pm 

Personally, I always understood that you just re-started Uru and the effects would go away. This seems really easy to me, though I've never needed to do it (I'm usually just in to see the Fun House stuff anyhow).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:21 am 

Regardless of how people feel about the lingering effects, we should hang on to the phrase "Fun House Hangover."

Because it's hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:41 am 

I usually enjoy the interesting effect of the hangover, but unfortunately it often causes me not to be able to find the Nexus when I try to go anywhere public. It would be nice if that could be fixed somehow, but for now I just wait until I am done for the evening before visitng the Fun House.

I had really neat experience once with the Teledahn mushrooms in Relto. I had one that was just the right size for the hut, and perfectly centered in the floor. Too bad I couldn't keep it. Meanwhile, the walkway from Teledahn intersected with the sparklie island, so I was able to walk around what became a blend of Teledahn, Relto and the Cleft. It was like a whole new Age.

One time I went to Ae'Guera after being in a Fun House Rainy Cleft, and there was a thunderstorm. That was a really neat and eerie experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:26 pm 

Whilyam wrote:
Personally, I always understood that you just re-started Uru and the effects would go away. This seems really easy to me, though I've never needed to do it (I'm usually just in to see the Fun House stuff anyhow).

My sentiments exactly!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]