It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:14 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Beta Testing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:38 pm 

I recently applied for beta testing, but have yet to recieve an email with my code. How long is the average wait?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:51 pm 

I signed up over 5 months ago... Still waiting... And waiting... And waiting... *falls asleep*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:57 pm 

Argh! I'll die or lose intrest by then! Curse you short attention span!
Well, never fear, Until Uru is still open to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:09 pm 

Well, hopefully the open beta will come soon and they'll let a lot of people in. You may not be waiting so long. :)

*goes back to checking for a beta invite in his email every three minutes*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:09 pm 

Don't worry Ni'all, the target release date is only 2 months away, so one way or another.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:40 pm 

Ni'all its still the closed beta phase which is protected by an NDA, while most of us are still waiting to get in, many are already inside but can't tell you that they are there and how long it took to get in.
though it really is time to get in... when was it again that registration started? about at that time i applied.

the open beta though should be coming around some day

cyan is still planning on open beta arent they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Don't be scared by www2, Ni'all... while most of us signed 5 months ago, the invites for the Beta only began to be sent 2 months ago... so it's not that much of a wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:56 am 

Well, my head may still explode from impatience, but I'll give this "waiting" thing a try...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:48 am 

joaopedro wrote:
Don't be scared by www2, Ni'all... while most of us signed 5 months ago, the invites for the Beta only began to be sent 2 months ago... so it's not that much of a wait.

:o Sorry, I didn't mean to scare anyone. It's just my head already exploded from impatience, so it's hard to think. :shock:

It shouldn't be much longer for either of us. They'll have to stress test the servers with a bunch of people eventually. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:11 pm 

I've signed up months ago as well...also signed up for beta AGAIN....beginning to have my doubts that it will ever happen...Is it just a hoax?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

No its not a hoax testing is going on, theres just a big queue, 400 people signed up on the first day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:07 pm 

:D Beta, beta, beta, beta. beta, beta. It's only a beta. I have previous experience in betas - believe me when I tell you that the people in the Uru beta are testing the game prior to release - that's all. They most probably are waiting like the rest of us on the final release.

Their sole purpose is to report things that go wrong - in order that the programmers can correct the errors so that everything is okay when it is released.

I just hope they are doing their job well - and the game is still on target for Xmas.

Even beta members (I'll bet) are waiting for the game to come to fruition.

The thing is too big now for it not to happen... too many people are waiting to get in - ready to sign up - there are just too many of us - and - with Gametap involved - IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!

Just have patience - like the rest of the throng - and wait - you will be rewarded.

I've been thru this before - I was in Prologue (open beta) - you can imagine my disappointment when it was cancelled. I am now heartened to know that Cyan have a sponsor like Gametap - it simply means - the show will go on.

Just get your subscription ready if you are outside of US and Canada (if you are in US and Canada - you should already have subscribed to Gametap) - these are just my thoughts. I know ardent fans have already complied with this.

I'm a European - and my subscription is ready - is yours?

Bring on UL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

From the informative FAQ, scroll down to read about beta -
http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1732

There's no guarantee that everyone will get into the closed beta, but it looks like (hey, I'm not promising) that everyone will get into the open beta. Remember I'm not promising - I don't know who will get into the closed beta, and I don't know for sure if everyone will get into the open beta.

On waiting - it's not forever, since the game is slated for release in December.

It sure is hard to wait, isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:07 pm 

when will people learn

The first rule of beta testing is NOT talking about beta testing

the second rule of beta testing, is to dress up in something warm incause you catch a bug

Being on topic tho I think the open beta testing is going to happen soon, we are two months away from launch, I'd council patiance and hope your invite didn't get left in the mail :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:20 am 

Wait, do I have to subscribe to gametap to get into Uru Live?!

*runs off to get wallet*

Where do I sign?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next