It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly community. I have often heard newcomers and outsiders comment on this fact and that makes me very proud to be a member of this community. I care about the people of this community and it pains me to see any one of them hurt, but we do it to each other all the time here. I know we can do better and I believe I have an idea of how to improve our communication with each other and our relationships to each other.

It seems to me that much of our problem stems from simply not understanding where someone is coming from; what forms their point of view. So, this thread is being created to give people an opportunity to tell the community about themselves. Please tell us about yourself and your Uru history as briefly as possible. Help us to understand you and your position.

The Rules: Only one post per person and that post should be about yourself and your history with Uru and the community. Please refrain from mentioning others unless it’s absolutely pertinent to your history.

If you have a legitimate question for someone who has posted, please PM them. For those that receive a question via PM and feel it's appropriate to answer, please edit your post to answer the question. (You don't have to quote the question; just expand on your post to address it.)

Above all, please keep this in mind: that people just want to feel validated. They need to feel like they've been heard when they speak and appreciated when they contribute something. Please keep an open mind and an open heart as you read their stories.

Thank you in advance to everyone who chooses to participate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
My Uru History:

I joined the community in December 2006, just as the GameTap era was beginning. I spent a lot of my time hanging out in the Beginners’ Bevin where I met people that I still consider to be my friends today. I joined the Guild of Greeters in April 2007, but never really felt accepted by the old-timers there and didn’t like hanging out in the GoG. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed helping newcomers so I wore the shirt and did my greeting in the Beginners’ Bevin. Many of the newcomers I helped there became my friends.

In the OP, I said not to mention other people unless it was pertinent to your history and/or people understanding you and your point of view. Here are some acceptable examples:

JWPlatt was one of my earliest friends in Uru. We are still friends and I still hold a great deal of respect for him, but quite honestly, I think certain people hold that against me. That bothers me. I have told him and others that if I had known him by his forum posts before meeting him in the cavern, I probably would have been too intimidated to even talk to him. But, the person I met in the cavern was a warm, friendly person with a great sense of humor. He’s still that same person and that’s why we’re still friends.

I consider Marten to be one of my dearest friends now, but I was put off by him in the beginning. I felt he was patronizing to me, but I eventually came to realize that was my own insecurity and my opinion of him changed as I got to know him better. Something similar happened with Nadnerb. These examples have helped me to understand that sometimes I just need to be more open-minded and not judge people before I have a chance to really get to know them.

A better example is that I didn’t like the kaelisebonrai I knew here on the MOUL forum, but I had friendly chats with Kaelis Ember in SL without even realizing they were the same person for months. Now, we occasionally have Skype chats and are working together to bridge the communication gap here.

Currently, I spend most of my Uru time with less controversial people like Ghaelen and Jane and others in the Guild of Healers. I wish you could all have friends like this – people who accept you as you are and make you feel like you can do no wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was too busy working with Tai'lahr on getting this project started, but here's where mine will go. =)

Its 2:40 am, so I'm having trouble writing much coherent. >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:43 pm 

I program in a programming language called Delphi(Though i have some experience with C++/PHP/Lua but im not fluent in them). Iv been maintaining a game called Original War since 2005 (Which takes up alot of my time) and Tar Chronicles and Dark Horizon since 2009. Before i joined the Original War community i made tools for Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2.

I don't know exactly when i first played Myst. My Father bought it i think around the time it was released. Ever since i first played Myst i loved it. I have played every Myst to date but i never took part in Game-tap's URU (I never even knew it existed until after it was shut down). Not sure if i have completed Myst and Riven, i know i completed the others.

I joined this community around 2010 but i played URU when it came out. I was active for about a month around June 2010. I came back in May 2011. My contribution to URU so far has just been ideas but i am writing my own PRP code so that i can hopefully (If time allows) write my own tools for URU.

Last edited by Stucuk on Sat May 21, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Pretty good idea, Tai.

I didn't get into Uru properly until July 2005. I say "properly" because before that time I did not have a PC that was capable of running Uru (Voodoo 3000, Pentium III... eugh--ran realMyst though :D). So, during 2003 I watched the DRC forum. The amazing thing about that time period was that the story was actually good enough to make me wonder if what the DRC were posting about was actually real and not a computer game--I was 12/13 at the time. I actually made an account on the DRC forum to ask a question back then, but I have long forgotten what the user name was.

Fast forward to July 2005, I bought UruCC at GameStop. It was a pretty rare chance--I never went/go to GameStop and there are no stores around here for computer games. I had almost completely forgotten about Uru, but the small package in the store caught my eye. Obviously, I loved the game and got into Until Uru shortly thereafter by sending a $6 money order to Kagi.

UU was an amazing experience. Of course, as a 14/15 year old I was intrigued by those mysterious things called the adminKI. They let administrators turn the sky green and do all sorts of crazy shwiz with objects... I wanted one. So, I put up my own shard (this was quite a task considering I had no linux experience)--it ran in an ancient PC that sat beside my bed. The PC is actually still sitting there to this day. Once I got that mysterious adminKI, lots of fun was had. Of course, the most fun part was adding new features to it. I learned python by reading the xKI.py and psnlBookshelf.py files from Uru.

At this point, I sank deeply into Uru development/hacking--this was back before everyone considered "hacking" evil (as long as you kept it off public shards, of course). I got involved with Zrax's "Volcano Project" whose mission was to add PotS ages to UU Shards. We even came up with a storyline and started executing it--then D'mala happened. Unfortunately, when D'mala happened, Cyan proclaimed that "hacks are bad." It is at this point that I started to become one of the "black sheep." I am an EVIL HACKER. This is not entirely Cyan's fault though. The community rallied around "HACKS ARE BAD" and "THE VAULT IS FRAGILE," which certainly didn't help me.

With the release of MOUL, Cyan removed my hopes of going into game as much as I did in UU. The system requirements had become too steep again. With Live Branch 2 (the Delin/Tsogal release), they pretty much broke the entire everything--I could no longer get into the game for any sufficient length of time. I tried from Live 2 - 5, after which I gave up on actually playing the game. At this point, Uru simply became something to hack and play with. During the GameTap era, I never shared any of my knowledge of the game nor went into the game server itself--this has obviously changed in MOULa.

Not much has changed since that time in 2006-2007. My technical knowledge of Uru has grown exponentially, which earned me a spot on the GoW Guild Council in 2007, where I have remained since. As times moved on and the friends I had made in UU vanished, it seems that community at large has become increasing hostile toward me. I feel moderators on this forum (it's actually one in particular) have targeted me as their prime candidate for topic closing/deletion. For some time, I didn't even post on this forum because I knew it would be pointless because posts like "I agree" would have been deleted without notification. Couple this with my work being insulted and my opinions and advice being completely ignored in many cases, I'm not feeling welcome at the moment.

---EDITS---

Tai'lahr PMed me asking for a list of projects that I have contributed to. They include: PyPRP, WhoM (defunct), PRP Explorer, libHSPlasma, and the GoW branch of CWE. (Unfortunately, not all of these projects have clear web presences)

Last edited by AdamJohnso on Sun May 22, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was in the Beta Uru Live, active in UO and Ubi forums and obsessively involved in POTS. I fell away when UruLive collapsed and did not return for MOUL. I finally decided to return to MOULa earlier this year and am so glad I did. I returned to UO and also joined here. I love the entire Myst/Uru community. We are a different breed, not your run-of-the-mill gamers. I believe we all have a great spiritual connection to these games and UruLive and it is wonderful to share with others who feel the same. I cannot believe how well this has all come together, being plopped in our laps by Cyan the way it was. We were given a golden ball and we're running with it. What has been, and is being created here is impressive. So many people, all human, all with feet of clay and hearts of gold. We are not robots, there will be disagreements and differences of opinion but in the end, just step back and look at what we've done! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:23 pm 

Myst was one of the first computer games I played back in the early 90s followed quickly by Riven. The games immediately got me hooked on the rich worlds, complex puzzles, and engaging story.

I initially dismissed Uru when I first heard about it since I preferred the pre-rendered worlds of Riven to the real-time 3d worlds of Uru. It wasn't until Christmas of 2005 that I decided to check it out. I downloaded the Cleft demo to play over my Christmas vacation and was blown away. I ordered Uru:CC that day and played it immediately when I got it.

After finishing the CC content, I got involved with the community, first on the forums, then in Until Uru. I was very much a blank slate: going to most every shard I saw people in, and somehow avoiding the drama I'm told was rampant back then. I made a lot of friends back then in every group. From Budgie, Rex Havoc, and TJennerG in the GoG, to Ivy and June in The Meeting Place, to Tomala and oldmanjob in Slackers, to Eleri and Blake in Tapestry. I tried to do everything I could back then. I used the UserKI, chatted in the cavern, and most importantly; explored the worlds with friends.

With D'mala, I found myself in a community unified in location, though not in spirit. I put myself up for election as a DRC Liaison and, while I didn't win, the experience showed me the tension in the Uru community.

It was around this time that I began working on creating Ages with PyPRP. It was slow at first, but once Uru closed I found myself able to focus more on creating Ages instead of getting distracted by playing with friends.

Right now, I'm upset because I see so many people more concerned with Cyan approval than with actually developing content. My time in UU demonstrated to me that the community can make wonderful things and I see fan-developed content and Fun House-style fun as the future of Uru. Ultimately, I want Uru to be a fun place for everyone to experience this game as they want, because I know that everyone comes to Uru for different reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't have much history with the community, actually. But: I picked up Uru back when it was called Uru: Ages beyond Myst. I don't know if I can say that I enjoyed it, but it was a different experience. Really nice - not Mahler, but a really nice idea. It's been sort of on and off since then - I've been studying away from home a lot over the past years, so time be darn, I haven't even been in geographical proximity of a sufficient computer for an extended period of time since The Witcher (1!) was in the making! I just feel I want to take part in this good and proper, and now that I'm graduating, it just might happen.

At this point in time, I'm mostly involved in OHB's translation project (probably 40% of the Swedish translation on my conscience - even poked at the French and UK English ones), and about to graduate as a Bachelor o' Music (horn player). At long last, I'll reside in one place again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi everyone, I'm Tanshin and no, my shins are not tan (click for some interesting history about this parody of my name). My name actually originated from an old role play character that my friend made for me named Tanshin Ryusin. Over time the Tanshin name has stuck. My old online name was Saladbar1 because my last name is Salad (for real).

At the time of writing I am a senior in high school and will be a part of the Boston University Class of 2015 studying Elementary and Special Education. I love psychology, working with kids, and teaching about things that I know so I figured that education is a perfect fit for me.

I've always been somebody who loves to try anything and everything for the experience. One of my first memories of the inside of a computer was when I tried to get my CD drive to work (it was intermittent). I found a loose cable that fit in one of the ports on the CD drive, plugged it in and tested it. Needless to say the smell of burning rubber is not pleasant. I didn't realize it before hand but that cord was attached to the floppy drive. I'm not sure what it was, but it was an interesting result! I've built three computers to date (no burning wires though). I also love beta testing things and am more likely to download a beta rather than a released product.

I started playing Myst way back when with my grandpa. I have fond memories of the piano puzzle and trying to solve that. I LOVED Riven and, unfortunately, whenever I played it and took cough medicine I had nightmares so my parents were often against my playing the game. Either way, I still kept playing and have played every Myst game released.

I was introduced to Uru when my grandpa gave me his copy since he never played it (I don't think he ever got it to work). By the time I got it, Ubisoft had shut off Uru Live so I never got to play that. When I went to try the Gametap version of it I couldn't get my computer to play it (the updates never downloaded) and then it was closed. Obviously I've been playing MOUL in its current iteration and I love it. Sadly I've been very busy lately and haven't been able to get in for a while *sniff*

I've also started to take a liking to Second Life and enjoy building things. I've been working on a Riven Firemarble Dome replica however I haven't had time to work on it lately and have needed to re-script it. For those of you in the SL community, stay tuned for a beautiful Tomahna Linking Chamber by AgeExplorer (and Doobes, Leonardo, and me) that will likely be released soon.

I enjoy web design and have recently done some 3D modeling on the side.

So yeah, I'd say that's a good overview of everything that's worth knowing about me that I can think of right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alright! Our forums have been in need of an Introductions Thread for a while now. I've met some of the friendliest and most interesting people I've been fortunate to know in Myst Online: URU Live. I'm glad that URU has brought me together with such amazing people who I can share a passion of all things Myst with.

I'm a 21 year old student who graduated high school in 08. In game I go by Vince. I have multiple avatars and each one is designated by a decimal. Most times I go as Vince2.0 or Vince2.5, but I am always Vince. Vincent is my middle name. I admire the personal connection this brings to the fun and friendly folks I've been fortunate to know in URU. I have a passion for literature and mythology but my passion for writing is foremost. It is what I excel most in. I also share a deep passion for Myst. I first played the original release of Myst when I was a young lad and I was just as enthralled as the rest of the masses. It captured my imagination like nothing else has. I've held my passions over time but Myst has always been a constant interest. I didn't count myself among the Myst community until I joined this iteration of URU after its run on Gametap. I knew of URU before and played Complete Chronicles extensively and was most eager to join URU Live but kept missing my chances. Now that I've been so fortunate to count myself among the Myst Community in URU Live I am elated. Myst and URU offers an experience unlike no other and I've been truly fortunate to have shared this experience with so many fascinating individuals. And I can thank the good folks at Cyan and all the wonderful fans for making such a profound experience possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

My Turn:

I was 11 when I first played Myst. My older brother bought it in 95 with his first PC. I played it with him and actually was able to help him finish a few of the ages. I didn't pick it up again until he bought Riven in 97. After he couldn't beat it, I helped him through that one as well.

By the time CC came out I was already in college. I purchased that game, but was never able to get far in it because my computer at the time was not up to specs. By the time I was able to afford one that was, the game was available on GameTap and I was able to step into the cavern for the first time. It was here that I finally got a taste of what Uru was and fell in love with it. After reading, even back then, that Cyan was moving towards letting fans build their own ages to play online, I immediately sought out any websites that dealt with fan created content. Even if I couldn't build for MOUL yet, I could at least get the practice in with the offline version, and be ready when the new stuff came out. After GameTap closed down Uru, I joined the Guild of Writers website. I figured if Uru were to come back in some form, it would have to be with fan created content at the forefront. As the years rolled on from my first joining the Guild to now, I forged friendships with many people there that have lasted through to this day. I helped write code that made some versions of PyPRP the most advanced versions we have. I helped to bring MOUL ages into the offline game. As time wore on and I saw many of the people at the Guild of Writers get more and more dejected with our they were treated here, and disassociated from the community, I began to see myself as more as a source of inspiration then a leader within that small community of writers. I made it my mission to get them back on track when I saw them veering away from development. I developed concepts and content that was lost from the transition from the early versions of Uru (DIRT and MUDPIE) to MOUL in order to inspire them to continue their own work, in the hopes that one day the community at large would accept what we do as not Hacking, but as the future development of Uru.

Because in the end, that is what I see the Guild of Writers, and myself as. Not just explorers, and community members, but myself, the Guild of Writers, the people at OpenUru, and everyone who says "I have an idea for Uru": We are the future of this game, we are the developers of it now, not just Cyan. They saw a vision within all of us, they saw us as a way to keep Uru alive, and we have a responsibility, as fans of both this game, and the technology that runs it, to keep it alive in their unwanted absensce. They've left us the keys to D'ni for the most part. It's time to clean the dust off of it, and start to restore it once more.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:16 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Pretty good idea, Tai.

I agree and will add my meager attempt.

I was hooked back in 1995 on Myst and I have been true to the trust ever since. For URU Live I was in the last group before the ‘clerical error’. When Until URU come online I became a shard hopping fool as can be seen with my fanboy shard page. I have met so many incredible folks in this global community I cannot remember you all. My community involvement started with Ubi and UO forums. Mostly was a lurker back then. As my shard hopping world and the forums that went with them grew I tried to post a little more. I am not a very good communicator or eloquent write like most here. I guess my big contribution to the community has been supporting & defending it and beta testing & debugging over the years.

Ok, now it is time for something totally different -

((((((((((Group Hugs))))))))))))

or was that -

"F00D FIGHT!"

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:42 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm Lyrositor, and an extremely recent convert to the Myst series (March 2011 to be precise, although I had heard of it before and actually played MO:ULa a bit before). My great hobbies include reading, programming (especially for the web), and playing the occasional video game (alright, not so occasional; huge Zelda fan, Majora's Mask in particular).

My first encounter with Myst was when I got out of nowhere an old 4-disc Riven copy, in french. I didn't understand anything, but I had a walkthrough, so I plowed through without understanding the purpose (I was only 11 at that time and quite impatient). Then, in 2010, I discovered Uru Live, and started playing. I was instantly hooked, and tried to play through everything. Many secrets I found out on my own, but I used a lot the GoG's walkthroughs, as well as the help of the community here. But then I felt disappointed that the game was essentially stagnant, so I left.

Finally, in March 2011, I bought the 4 first Myst games, one after the other, and was once again tempted to play Uru. So I logged back in, finished what I hadn't started (except Minkata; haven't really read the walkthrough yet, just saw something about stars: I'm going to try the answer myself), and tried to become more active within the community. I recently started Rezeero to fill in some voids I saw within the walkthroughs and documentation currently available.

I've been playing entirely alone so far, since none of my acquaintances seem interested at all in the Myst series. For two-player Ages, I created another account and used another computer to help myself. :( I did manage to get one person on recently, though, but he doesn't seem too interested by video games in general.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:36 am 
Obduction Backer

This will probably be long given my history with the community.

I'm Tweek.

I got into Myst back in 1998 when my sister purchased a copy and I started playing. I lurked around the community for a bit before getting more into it in 1999/2000.

At the time RivenGuild was /the/ community site to be. Gordon Currie ran it with Doug McBride and hosted several other community sites on it. Also running was the original Riven Lysts.

Cyan Chat was more active, with Cyan employees joining in and dropping hints for puzzles (spyder) and myself with others strove to figure out who spyder actually was.

I ran a website that eventually became The D'ni Jazz Club. I was on the Lysts when J0ker attacked causing the Lysts to close down, then Gordon couldn't keep funding RivenGuild, who asked Ubi for help (As Ubi were publishing Myst 3 at that point and Gordon built the Myst3.com and Realmyst.com sites). Ubi said no, people started lashing out at Ubi (which probably set the stage for when Uru closed the first time) and RivenGuild eventually closed.

Uru progressed, the DRC forums sprang up, testers started testing, Zandi ran his puzzle which I took part in (I still have the Uru shirt he gave me in my wardrobe). Shortly before being added to the Ubiru beta testers I traveled to London to see a demo of Uru writing a report to post for the community to see.
Eventually I was then added to the Rehearsal testing group who tested content before it hit the live servers.
During the beta the Guild of Greeters started up, I joined and helped them with development of their forums (building the skin which is still used today) as well as working with other greeters to develop a new section of the site for Q&A and D'ni history, I was a Greeter myself and later became a Mod on their forums before being kicked out with out a word.

After some issues I distanced myself from the group. At some point (possibly before I forget where it is in the time line) I also served as a Mod for a short time at DWPR before retiring after making some mistakes (come to think of it that was before Uru because it was my first moderating gig so it was before DJC even had forums I think).

I joined a group called the MystWorlds Site Council. The group was comprised of Ubisoft employees (community managers for Uru), Cyan (to a degree) and Community Leaders (owners of sites like Uru Obsession, MystCommunity, DWPR, GoG etc). We passed news from the companies to the fans and vice versa, arranged contests, interviews and other such things for the community.
We also worked on a lot of grassroots stuff for the Uru Expansion packs, Myst 4/Myst 5 and so forth.

During Uru (2003-2004) I was heavily involved in the cavern, taking part in the story, arguing with Sharper, with the DRC, publich speaking about working together so-on and so forth and was at one point (prior to the arguments with sharper) working very closely with Sharper and the Great Tree group before a difference of ideologies surfaced (IC: They wanted to fake DRC chat logs, I didn't think that was right).

Uru closed, we moved to Offline Uru. I started tinkering with the game files gaining access to D'ni again. During this point I joined COBBS which is basically the origin for hacking the game.
I started building a story on the various forums about being back in the cavern with others like BlueMax and IMForeman. More and more people joined the initiative and BlueMax set up a site called D'niRaiders where we could submit "Raider Reports" about what we were getting up to.
After the closure of Uru Prologue I worked on a post-drc-leaving interview with Dr. Watson.

Hacking for Uru got more interesting, new tools came out for changing SDL values on the fly (adding removing barriers, adding removing hood stuff for example) as well as tools for editing FNI and SDL files.
Various groups broke off from this, AgeBuilders, New Tree Group (or something like that) a Guild of Writers (not the same as the one that existed now). I joined the GoW back then and helped with site layout stuff.

When Path of the Shell was due to come out Sheldon was working on a grassroots puzzle site I helped design the graphics work for it.

Same with the graphics on Twigg's site for Myst Tree (Myst 5 grassroots puzzle site).

Through the MystWorlds Site Council, I was also tasked with working on some graphic design concepts for the Book of Marrim cover (for the Myst 5 Strategy guide) and a Myst box set collection of all 5 games as part of a idea to be floated to Ubi for an all in one box set.
I also contribute (like other fans) some words regarding Cyan's work for the Myst 5 strategy guide.
As well as working on several graphical elements for the MystWorlds.com site.
Also took part in interviews for the MystWorlds site.

Back when Uru Prologue was around I started a subsection to DJC called Beneath, which was an IC site formed around a group of explorers working to restore D'ni like the DRC. The site is still around to this day (albeit at a designated domain name) and is now home to a growing Uru archive and my downloadable Ages.

Until Uru started, I joined the servers, running an IC story with a group of people on one before moving to chip's shard to host the story on. Eventually interest in UU vanished (didn't dig the flying around multicoloured people stuff that some people enjoyed doing). Cyan launched Dmala, I joined that. The DRC showed up and rumbles started about Uru coming back. The DRC floated the idea of DRC Liaisons (grins at the people out there shivering at the memories of that farce). I put my name in as a candidate, voting took place and I was elected along with Eleri, CAGreyWolf, Gadren and Vortmax.

The Liaisons were not really given a clear role for what to do, every attempt at defining one was met with resistance, pretty much everything we did was met with resistance (I still have the DRCL forums archived in my Uru folder). The DRC were of little help, Marie Sutherland would suggest things which we'd put to the community which unsurprisingly was resisted. In the end Wolfie quit, I shortly followed suit and then the others and it all fell apart.

Don't get me wrong, we weren't perfect in all this, we made mistakes. But yeah that was a mess, I had already been feeling burned out before that certainly was after.

The DRCL's worked on trying to pass information from the DRC down to the explorers and from the explorers to the DRC. As well as organizing "Town Hall" meetings with all of the DRC members as well as GameTap members and Cyan employees.

With MOUL returning I once again ended up beta testing, and once again ended up in the rehearsal testing. I followed along trying to get into the story again like the past but found it hard until the episode format started. At which point a lot of my interest in the game dropped.

During the time MOUL was around I was contacted by Cyan along with Amon-re (DDfreyne) about an intern position, which we both took up. During that time we overhauled the MOUL site, cleaned/rewrote the code, removed the Flash elements, along with other fixing things. We also worked on putting together the MOUL newsletter (content was provided by Cyan and we coded it together and worked out sending it through email) as well as the Cosmic Osmo's Hex Isle site and a few other projects that never saw the light of day.

I started working on a Guild of Fine Artists site which was going to host tutorials and what not on there (resources for artists), the site sat quiet until the news of the Guilds starting on MOUL popped up. I then restarted trying to set the guild up, asking for input from the community. Unfortunately (like most things in this community) it resulted in drama which in turn resulted in me not wanting to go near it with a 700ft long pole of Nara.

MOUL closed, Age building started progressing, I started learning Blender, about 6 months later I released Cass, 6 months after that Fahets was released.

I started a site called Inkwell which was to be a resource for Age Builders with multiple authors. Eventually the GoW restructured Dev Blogs on their site and I rolled the site into the GoW blog.

I retired my internship position after the work were were doing slowed down and after some differences in opinion on some things with the rest of the community.

After that my interest in everything fell right off and I wound up pretty much retreating to the GoW.

Since then I spent the time trying to figure out my views on Myst/Uru and the community, swinging by the odd forum now and then to see what is going on (the usual same bickering), as well as doing an interview for the GoME about my wonderful views on the community/myst/uru and other things.

Aside from haunting the GoW I keep relatively quiet focusing on Age building projects and Beneath

I'm sure I've left a lot out, the decade plus I've been here was spent busy doing stuff for the community in some form or another.

But yeah, that is who I am.

Last edited by Tweek on Thu May 28, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.