It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:50 pm 

@lunanne: Sorry lunanne but im going to have to go off-topic for this post.

@ChloeRhodes: I have been saying that it was never intended as an insult for a long time now, you know that and so does everyone else. So everyone knows i never meant to insult anyone.

Now if Adam didn't offend me before i offended him then i may have done what you suggest, especially if he told me then and there that he and others was offended instead of saying that i was spreading misinformation. Misinformation is not the same as an insult. Both sides could have done things differently, it is not a one way street like you seem to think.

ChloeRhodes wrote:
So, now, can you simply say those words and mean them?

I have already given an apology which states that i was sorry that people felt insulted unintentionally over a comment. If people do not want to accept that apology that is upto them but i made a sincere apology. Re-writing it to Adam's exacting standards will not change that fact, nor will it make anyone believe in it. You don't write apologies based on a script someone sends you as that would then hold no meaning what so ever.

What people seem to not understand is that you won't get me to believe that what i wrote can only be taken as an insult. So while i understand people were offended i am not going to write an apology which goes against my views, but as you should be able to clearly see the apology i wrote states that i don't think that what i wrote was an insult but that i was sorry that others were offended by it.

ChloeRhodes wrote:
since Adam apologized

He apologised and had a large troll picture aimed at me. I accepted his apology even with that obvious insult attached to it. His apology wasn't perfect in my eyes, but that doesn't change the fact that he apologised and im grateful for it.

------------------------------------

OnTopic:
Hugs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

... >.>

Last edited by AdamJohnso on Sun May 22, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

- When an Original Poster makes a conjecture, but that is spun as a statement of fact in order to claim that the OP had a malevolent intent

- When the interpretation of the OP's meaning hangs on one word of a sentence or its punctuation (i.e. if "bet" had been replaced by "guess", or the sentence ended in a question mark, would it have been less offensive to others' delicate sensibilities?)

- When every attempt by the OP to calmly explain the rationale behind the sentence in question is rebuffed as a ruse (i.e. "playing the innocent one")

- When words that were never said are put in the OP's mouth(i.e. "you attacked people", "you called them evil", "you said their work doesn't count")

- When the OP clearly is given insults (i.e. called "asleep at the wheel", "troll", and indirectly, an tushie), yet civilly refuses to respond in like kind

- When the OP's conjecture is never even addressed as being correct or incorrect (i.e. is one plug-in truly as full-featured as another?) and is therefore regarded as irrelevant to the issue

- When all these factors are used as justification for others leaving in a huff (i.e. "I'm packing up my ball and bat and going home")

- When the OP is then blamed for having "driven away" someone, no matter whether their intent may have been innocuous

When all this is the case, I'd say we should try to see one another as well-intentioned rather than malicious folks, we need to work a bit more from logic than emotion, and maybe we need to be a bit more thick-skinned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

... Holy crap on a stick.

Did you two even read the threads in question?

Last edited by AdamJohnso on Sun May 22, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
Did you two even read the threads in question?

Though it was not made clear, I would guess that I am one of "you two".

If you need links for each of my cites, I will provide them.

And Lunanne, you are correct in that I misused the term "Original Poster": I think you understand that I only meant the beginning of the issue in question here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Must be reading a different thread than I am then. I read an insult (whether it was intended or not, it was an insult... especially to someone who's spent 6 years developing stuff for Uru). The resulting reaction is not unsurprising.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
I read an insult

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
...I'd say we should try to see one another as well-intentioned rather than malicious folks, we need to work a bit more from logic than emotion, and maybe we need to be a bit more thick-skinned.

Lunanne wrote:
As I said, Stucuk was not the original poster of any thread on this subject.

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
Lunanne, you are correct in that I misused the term "Original Poster": I think you understand that I only meant the beginning of the issue in question here.

After the clear, point-by-point refutation by you two of each of my original points , I have to admit the error of my ways and I respectfully retract my above post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:27 pm 

Perhaps the apocalypse really IS happening. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Simon wrote:
The novel Lord of the Flies comes to mind.

Haha; that is so very fitting...

I'll add another not-so random cultural reference: here

Whilyam wrote:
Perhaps the apocalypse really IS happening. :P

If it can put an end to this non-sense I'm all for it..

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:13 am 

Stucuk wrote:
But you can't expect the forums to be flooded with "Thank You" posts, because its not human nature. Humans generally will complain as soon as they possibly can but they don't generally show there appreciation. That doesn't mean that no one is grateful, just that they don't show it.

Nice people thank others. Rude people do not.

Since my beginnings coding for the public, my experience of this public has been from the Uru community. The people of this community have taught me just what you said: no one should have to offer any kind of thanks. However, recently I've been working on a project with the Ogre engine and I've been reading their forums, and you know what? Nearly every person thanks the developers for doing a heck of a job. Maybe it's just my problem, maybe coders don't deserve any thanks, maybe we're just supposed to interpret constant feature requests (requests telling how our programs are horribly lacking) as our thanks, and maybe we're just supposed to shut up and not let out emotions get in the way of our servitude to the community, but all those things are very hard to do because we're human beings with feelings. I am not getting payed to code here, a lot of the stuff I've made for PyPRP2 is not made for me but for the community at large. Why should development continue if my target audience doesn't give me a clue that they like what I am doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:44 am 

Too much pride in the cavern, that's all. Were it not for pride, genuine apologies would come easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Self destructing? Really Lunanne? What about Open Source, ADBMM, MystMovie, and all our little creative antics? I understand the unauthorized hacking was a mess because it affected me tooo but I wouldn't ever go as far as to say this place is blowing up on itself. What we're experiencing here is that same as when you're breaking ground for an addition to a house while having to smash in a wall on the existing building to make room. Some people don't like that their wall is gone, others don't like the color of the concrete being poured, while others were content without the addition. Things will settle down soon, they always do. In the mean time, just sit down and eat a cookie; courtesy of all the people at mystmovie. :D

EDIT: Trolling? I'd like to think people don't troll here. Many things are ment as a joke while other times things ment literally are taken as trolling. (ie. The Bahro avie incident) Plus I think the mods do an excellent job of keeping the peace with threads. When people start flaming (which is against forum policy) threads get locked. The moral of the story is that if you're suddenly on fire, you better get a bucket of water quick!

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next