It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Does anyone know where the Windows clients get the Cavern Status messages that it places at the top of the Login Dialog?

I only ask because for a while now, myself and others using the Mac Client have had to put up with... junk... instead of a coherent message at the top of our Login Dialogs. I understand that the Windows client doesn't have this problem.

Now the Mac Client gets its Status Messages from here: http://support.mystonline.com/serverstatus/urulivelive.php which no longer exists (and so we get a HTML Error, which the client isn't designed to recognise or deal with, hence the junk).

If the Windows client displays messages correctly, it must mean that it's message source is working. Now I would imagine that one could use the message source for the Windows client login dialog to provide the messages for the Mac client login dialog; and so the question is, what is the location of that source? Obviously the server, but is there a specific web address?

I'm asking out of curiosity, rather than concern, as I've already devised a workaround that I'd be happy to share if anyone's interested, and this honestly doesn't seem to be an issue to most people. But it would be nice to sort out. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:13 am 
Obduction Backer

http://support.cyanworlds.com/serverstatus/moullive.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Perhaps we could get a page put up there that duplicates the message to fix the mac client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:43 am 
Obduction Backer

You can just fix your Mac client yourself. Works fine here.

The server status URL is stored in these files (near the bottom, you’ll find it), just replace it by the one Adam gave:
  • MOULagain.app/Contents/Resources/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live/Cider/URU Live Login.app/Contents/Info.plist
  • MOULagain.app/Contents/Resources/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live/Cider/URU Live Updater.app/Contents/Info.plist

Use right-click/ctrl-click and Show package contents to get inside the application bundles, and use TextEdit to open the Info.plist files.

(There is another set of URU Live Login/Updater apps in MOULagain.app/Contents/Resources/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/, these appear to be unused.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:50 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:

Thanks, Adam. :)

OHB wrote:
Perhaps we could get a page put up there that duplicates the message to fix the mac client.

Not a bad idea, although we all know it may take a while... (though I'm not complaining. I know the Mac Client is classed as 'not officially supported' :roll:).

In the meantime altering the value of key UruStatusURL in the document Info.plist found in Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live/Cider/Uru Live Login.app/Contents to this new address would work on a person by person basis. (Of course, it's reset back again should you ever delete tos.txt, but nothings perfect)

Edit: Ah, Christian beat me to explaining how to 'fix' the client.