It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:52 pm 

To: Ghaelen, Queen of Relevance
Re: Relative Relevance

Dear Ms Ghaelen:
Ghaelen wrote:
After checking the Relevance Meter and finding it in the same State as the Lake Light Meter, l realized relevance has become relative.

I wasn't aware of any new hiring going on at the RVG. If you're bringing in relatives, I hope they're relevant to the task at hand. Be sure Stephano gets their social security numbers so he can pad the payroll properly.

Thank you.
(signed) LC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:26 am 
Obduction Backer

I might schedule a block of about 3h 20m somewhere, but haven't figured out when yet.

Just not sure how many people can successfully connect at the same time to the shoutcast server I've set up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:52 am 
Obduction Backer

Oh, wow!!! Marten!?!! ... :shock: ... our Marten is starting a D'niJ career in the cavern? ...
I knew life is challenging you to try something new ... you have so many more talents :P

Please, please, choose a time when Europeans can quite conveniently listen to you, too ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
To make it early enough for Europeans and also allow for working Americans, I guess the best time would be early Sunday afternoon.

Marten wrote:
Just not sure how many people can successfully connect at the same time to the shoutcast server I've set up.
You could ask another D'niJ to co-stream your broadcast. It's what we did during the Uru Community-wide Gathering. I seem to recall that I set something up from within SL, but handed it over to someone else to do the broadcasting. I'll see what I can remember/find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:55 pm 

Please add to the list of events the Adi*tional Celebration Party. ^^

Will take place on Thursday, February 9th at 14:00 KI time (21:00 UTC, 15:00 CST) at the D'ni Musicological Research Hood.

It's my birthday and since I'm almost sharing it with MOULa and feel so excited about it, I thought we could have some more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sounds like fun, Adi. Love the title. :D It's now on the schedule.

Once again, I've pushed the edges of my technofeeb envelope and thanks to a very patient support person with Dreamstream, I've learned how to broadcast :shock: so I can co-stream the broadcasts and raise the number of listener slots. It seems to be working fine now, but I'll make no promises for the event week. :wink: The plan is to rent a server for the week, so I won't have the url until then, but if you find you can't access a broadcast because it's full, check the OP here to find the co-stream url.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 pm 

To: Ghaelen and Tai
Re: Post Opening Ceremony Programming

Hi.

Kt has been burning the midnight oil and running our download bills into the red. And now he has a plan:
"Music For and By Explorers." This features music by D'Lanor (including three new pieces), Turjan (includes many new pieces), the Cavern Choir, Ireen and maybe even Thend. I know the Choir has been working on new things but I don't know their status.

We'll start this when you're done with the opening ceremonies, on Saturday.
--LC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've finished preparing my program. I need to know where to put it onto the schedule - "early Sunday afternoon" as recommended would appear to conflict with Ghaelen's Caring & Compassion session.
Edit Now scheduled for 10:00 to 14:00 KI Time Sunday 5-February-2012; though music will begin at 9:45.
Edit2 Re-scheduled to 19:00 to 23:00 KI Time Tuesday 7-February-2012, with music beginning at 18:45.

"Music for Exploring Worlds" is a 4 hour program plus a 15 minute leader, featuring music from over 30 different series of video games, including unreleased music from a cancelled RPG! Most of the program is ambient or background music, though a collection of vocal pieces will complete the final 40 minutes, helping to wake folks up. 8)

I will provide trivia about the games and music to program attendees.

Last edited by Marten on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have volunteered to host Marten's event in my Ahnonay Space Sphere. That means everyone who wants to attend needs to request an invite. You can post your request here in this thread, send me a PM here or, in cavern, send a request by KI mail to EventTai, KI #15979614.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:25 am 

I just updated the GoMe news posting and ki-mail. Just an FYI. Be seeing you!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh, Marten, next Sunday is my father's birthday, so I won't be back before 20:00 or 21:00 my time,
means not before 12:00 or 13:00 KI time ... and I just decided better not to hurry when I'll come home ... :P

I will nevertheless immediately boot my computer and switch on my little music app to at least listen
to your wonderful music which will be great, I know it ... Have fun ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Adi, Ktahdn, Marten, I am looking forward to these and the other events happening during the week. I am determined to be at as many of them as I can. Whoot!

Marten wrote:
Edit Now scheduled for 10:00 to 14:00 KI Time Sunday 5-February-2012; though music will begin at 9:45.

"Music for Exploring Worlds" is a 4 hour program plus a 15 minute leader, featuring music from over 30 different series of video games, including unreleased music from a cancelled RPG!

"Coordination is complete" (she says in her techie voice). The Compassion & Caring Assembly runs an hour, (in the GoH Hood Delin) and I usually leave the music playing for another hour afterward. I'll adjust this depending on whether there is another event scheduled Sunday afternoon/evening. We normally end with dancing and the post-event music returns to healing mode. This time we might stretch out the dancing a little longer. :)

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:10 am 
Obduction Backer

** SCHEDULE CHANGE **

Something has come up and I need to reschedule my planned broadcast. New time and date are forthcoming. (Won't be Sunday, Monday, or Wednesday. Probably Tuesday.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:33 am 

As part of the celebrations this weekend and to keep a high profile on the CavCon situation, there will be 2 broadcast concerts in the D'ni Musicological Research hood this weekend:

Saturday night Feb. 4 at 1800 Hrs KI time in the DMR
Site address: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-in-the-dmr

Sunday night Feb. 5 at 1700 Hrs. KI time in the DMR. I will broadcast a concert of progressive and classic British Rock from my Ustream site: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/musica-in-the-dmr

Musica

KI #01081759
Musica2
Ki #04978677

Obduction Backer
Guild of Messengers
D'ni Musicological Research hood
D'ni Museum of Art hood

"Little by little one travels far" - JRR Tolkien

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:47 am 
Obduction Backer

That's great, Musica! Got it on the schedule, now.

Marten, I moved yours tentatively to Tuesday with the time tbd.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next