It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:07 pm 

I have a problem in the Ercana pellet burner room. I have started the four burners using 21,30,20 . While the burners are operating, the elevator will only go part way up and then comes back down again. After waiting the appropriate amount of time (as told by others in this forum), the sound of the timers has stopped. The indicator at the left side of the controls is at the bottom the but the three sliders have not returned to the bottom as promised. Also, the elevator still doesn't work.

This is my second time working the Ercana age from the start and there have been numerous attempts to get the published results from the pellet burners.

HELP!! What am I doing wrong?

Cal Rasmussen (RetiredMan in the cavern)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:38 pm 

Well, the elevator will not work while any of the ovens are powered from the control room... this is by design.When the power is off at the control room, the top of the burner assembly rotates so a cutout allows the elevator to go to the top. just go to first person view and look up. The power switch in the doorway cuts all power to the room, both burners and elevator.

The sliders never move once you set them.The indicators on either side of the sliders are the only parts that move. The left shows the time... the right I'm not sure... either temp or quality of the finished pellets.

I'm curious at the recipe you are using... this is what my calculator says you should get...
Code:
Recipe    KI Score   Nutrients    Silo Meter    Response
129           645         129          5        Orange Glow - MEDIUM

Also, why do you need the elevator after the first time? Did you move the rock?

Last edited by johnsojc on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:05 am 

I figured there was some kind of interlock with the elevator but I didn't know what it was. Thanks for the tip.

Regarding the rock.I have tried to move it but haven't been able. It would sure save a lot of time and shoe leather if it could be moved...

Thanks all,
Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:06 am 

Perhaps you are approaching the rock from the wrong direction...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:09 am 
Obduction Backer

calroger wrote:
Regarding the rock.I have tried to move it but haven't been able. It would sure save a lot of time and shoe leather if it could be moved...

It can be moved.

[spoiler]You can click its hotspot, but only from the inside.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:17 am 

If you are really stumped at moving the rock, here is a Move rock video courtesy of the Guild of Greeters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 am 

I successfully pushed the rock into the gap in the catwalk. Thanks for the help.

Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Don't feel bad about not knowing about the rock. I have a confession to make. Ever since the Path of the Shell expansion came out, I did it the same way. Including shards of sorts, and every method. It wasn't until MOUL that I was in the age with vid, and he suddenly pushes the rock, and I was stunned, yes, STUNNED that you could do that! All those years and times I'd finished the age, and I didn't know you could do that. Sure made pellet runs far faster, tell you that! :o

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:52 am 
Obduction Backer

Gondar wrote:
Don't feel bad about not knowing about the rock. I have a confession to make. Ever since the Path of the Shell expansion came out, I did it the same way. Including shards of sorts, and every method. It wasn't until MOUL that I was in the age with vid, and he suddenly pushes the rock, and I was stunned, yes, STUNNED that you could do that! All those years and times I'd finished the age, and I didn't know you could do that. Sure made pellet runs far faster, tell you that! :o

That rock and other things like it are a common foe. We become so accustomed to them it's easy to overlook they can usually be overcome arbitrarily from the other side. ;)

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Last edited by Deledrius on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:47 pm 

That rock pushing also is simply not logical giving the fact we can't use our hands in any other situation but to trigger buttons, levers, clothes.

All of the sudden...we develop surhuman powers and push a rock 3 to 4 times our weight :lol: .

In real life, I would really simply try to climb over that rock long before trying an attempt to push that kind of rock. I tend to think I would break my back trying it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:19 pm 

Gondar wrote:

You're not the only one. I was the same, though I never played online before MOULa so I never needed to go back to the burners so pushing the rock never occurred to me.

I think I was playing MOULa at least 6 months or more before I found out about pushing the rock. I felt down right silly. :o

Atier KI#: 11273431 (Soon to change)
ATR KI#: 13663143 (Soon to change)
The Cavern is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Each time I get to Er'cana, I try ramming the rock, walking towards it, running towards it, jumping on it... And then I remember: "Oh, right, I can click on it..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Now that sums up the game entirely. It's odd we can push giant boulders with our bare hands.. but it's only weird because we're so used to NOT using our hands and playing demented games of football with cones and rocks and giant femurs bigger than we are.. boot! Boot! Boot! And thus the first instinct when we see a giant rock is "Run into it until it moves over!" :D

Sounds like a thing.. You know you've played too much Uru when you forget you can pick up stuff IRL, and just kick everything along. :lol:

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Gondar wrote:
You know you've played too much Uru when you forget you can pick up stuff IRL, and just kick everything along. :lol:

Yep! :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]