It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:24 pm 

Hello:
Thanks to my duscistion with Layrasitor yesterday and the scrips he kindly provided with me today I now have The Power Of The Gray Hats! My powers come from the internal client and I don't know the power to bump The Fun House :(, does anyone know how I can do this with the internal client?
-Jamie

Last edited by Jamie Marchant on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:51 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow!!!
Thanks to my duscistion with Layrasitor yesterday and the scrips he kindly provided with me today I now have The Power Of The Gray Hats! but ...'please don't go further'....yikes

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:08 pm 

Why should I not go any further? I promise to take great responsibly with my great power and it's not lime my power is any more dangerous then the Gray Hats own power, actually some of them know stuff that I don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well to get back on topic, anyone with an internal client is free to use its features in The Fun House and The Hood of Illusions. The Hood of Illusions is bared (in The Nexus mind you, you can always link there if you know an age's syntax) from normal "fun" use because it has so far been used for much more complicated stuff (like the egg room portals during the CAVCON party), but you're free to use The Fun House. That said, I'm not sure if you can bump a hood with the internal client. I'm not saying you can't, as a matter of fact, it should be able to, but I'm not sure as I never found that functionality in my tests.

Aside from your question, I assume Lyrositor already explained the yes's and no's of what you can and cannot do on Cyan's server? For instance, no Maintainer suits in public.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Indeed I have. I gave the Maintainer suits as an example, actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's not really grey when it's officially acceptable...

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:49 pm 

Gray Hats is just the name that was adopted because the first time "the magic" was done it was done in an unauthorized manner that had no long term negative effects. This caused a lot of a stir in cavern but was eventually authorized by Cyan in the manner we talk about today. Fyi Lyrositor has not focused his efferts to "Gray Hat" stuff so he does not know how to bump the hood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

To bump the hood, you have to be a member of the hood--even if you do know the guid and are standing inside it. That's an unfortunate client limitation. If you're willing to do a bit of hacking, you could write a tool that connects to MOULa and makes the hood public (this is actually not very difficult).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:54 pm 

Yes it would be possible to write a "hacking" tool to bump the Fun House. However It would be easier and safer if you invited me to be a member of the Fun House, would this be possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:14 pm 

AdamJohnso wrote:
(this is actually not very difficult).

For Who?

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I'm temporarily locking this thread pending an opinion from Cyan on whether it's appropriate to discuss the possible use of certain tools in the context of MOULa outside of the original Grey Hat group.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

The internal client "fun" should only be done in the Fun House or The Hood of Illusions neighborhoods. Or in your personal Ages.

But more important, the internal client or any "hacking" tools should never be used to modify, change settings, enhance, degrade, remove, add, etc. any Age, avatar or any virtual object that does not belong to you. Places like The Fun House neighborhood may seem like it is for everyone but it is not. Please ask the owners to make any changes.

So, I will unlock this thread and please respect other people's property, virtual or otherwise.

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jamie, it would appear you can't become a member of the Hood (and neither can I for that matter). A temporary solution, while waiting for The Fun House to come up, would be to create a "The Fun House Hood", link to it, wait for people to come, then link them to the real Fun House for the fun to begin. Of course, this would work best for planned events, but if enough people show up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:28 pm 

The problem with your plan is that you wold have to manually teleport people form one hood to the other and if you entered any of their key numbers wrong you might telport someone there who does not wish to go there(which would be "hacking"). It's also against the rules since they are not in the Fun House when you teleport them. However for what I want to do the simplest thing would be for me to PM one of the Gray Hats, so I will do that.

P.S. Karkadann, this type of hacking is easy for people with a lot of techincal skill to pull of, most of the programmers playing with Open Source MOULa could do it if they tried. I dot NOT endorce or encerge you to do so!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:29 pm 

With all the respect to you Jamie,

maybe you should play in your personal ages. As I understand the whole situation, you are fearly new with the use of an internal client.

Playing in the Fun House is like playing in an entertainment centre. People will link there and expect you to do something. The rule that Chogon restated today is quite clear: in Fun House, in Hood of Illusions or in your personal ages.

What is a personal age? Almost all ages can be personal. Set up a private hood and there you got all hood instanced ages (Ae'gura, K'veer, Hood, 1 garden) all personal.

I won't tell you who's can and who's cannot do "magical" stuffs in the community beside the Grey Hats but those who can do their stuffs in their instances.

MC of a Fun House Event is not an easy task. The awesome effects that we experience as explorers attending the event is well orchestrated in the background with TONS of coding lines. The "rabbits" they get out of their hats have maybe 100 lines of coding.

They do a smooth show because they know how to get it smooth. Like I said long time before, the Grey Hats are not preventing from entering their group for elitism reason...there's a real knowledge behind & there's a real danger server-wise to let anyone doing what they think it's good for them.

So with all that said, I'm glad you learned from Lyrositor. I'm sure he will help you down the way again. I know other explorers who got help from other Grey Hat to learn and they might in the future seek more help.

You learn the magic but it's a heavy burden and I can understand Cyan to say to you or to anyone doing like you learning like you..."we authorise you but keep it to your personal ages".

:D