It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:50 pm 

Posting on behalf of someone else. My friend is trying to play realMyst (the steam bundle version) on his computer. He's had it running fine and completed Selenitic age.

He went on to do the Stoneship age and cranked up the battery in the lighthouse to full which should switch on the lights in the tunnels leading to Achenar and Sirrus' rooms but the lights remain off.

The lights in the compass room are flashing but shouldn't this be fixed after cranking up the battery? He tried restarting the game but still the same issue. Anyone familiar with this bug and how to fix it? He's currently stuck in the stoneship age because of it. I checked walkthroughs and from memory he seems to be doing it correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:13 am 

Hi Faewn,
I have not played the steam version. It has been a while since I have played RealMyst too. There is something else your friend needs to do in the compass room when that thing happens the lights will stay on. Hint it has to do with the compass. If you want you can pm me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:42 am 

Do you here a beeping coming from the campus room? I am trying to figure out what part of the game you are at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:26 am 

Spoilers:

I'm aware that you're meant to press the correct button on the compass. That if you press it the lights will stay on and the lights in the room at the bottom of the ship outside get switched on so you can get to the Myst book on the table.

I've played the game many times before, It's my friend who is having the issue. He was live streaming the game so we could watch and so I know he was doing it correctly.

The problem is that when you crank up the battery the lights in both tunnels leading to Achenar and Sirrus' room should be switched on and the lights in the compass room should stop flashing but no matter how much the battery gets cranked up the lights stay switched off in the tunnels and the compass room continuous to flash.

Even when pressing the right button or any button for that matter. It just doesn't seem to do anything.

The light in the tunnel leading into the ship is on but the room at the bottom is dark.

Unless I'm forgetting about something I'd assume it's a bug?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:36 pm 

It sounds like one to me too, I have RealMyst on Steam and will look into this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:25 pm 

I just double-checked and you are correct, turning the lights on should stop the beeping noise. I guess you will have to put a ticket in a http://support.cyanworlds.com/.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:54 pm 

He's decided to restart the game but I will report it to Cyan any way. I guess nobody else has run into this issue yet so perhaps its just a freak occurrence :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]