It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Last edited by numinous on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow over 100 views and not one reply - lol - I've googled as much as I could and found nothing and noone talking about the Riven iOS Game Center Achievements so I'm going to try and catalogue them here in case anyone else needs some help. MAJOR SPOILERS to follow.

Here's what I have. I'll update these as I find/confirm them.

Frequent Flyer

Use the MagLev 125 times (feel free to use the skip movie function)

Villagers

1 - 14% - Village lookout in cave near forest from cleared area.
2 - 14% - Village lookout in cave near forest from forest.
3 - 14% - Village lookout in cave near forest from treetop walkways.
4 - 15% - Village lookout near "beetle pond" when entering from beach.
5 - 14% - Little girl in forest when coming up stairs from Whark grotto.
6 - 14% - Frantic villagers on first entrance to village from forest side of the island.
7 - 15% - Lady in hut peephole when you knock five times.

Fly Catcher

There are five kinds of flies. Each fly is worth 4% so you need to swat 5 of each kind. It's best to do this on screens where tapping in the centre of the screen won't move you forward as it can be tricky to actual get them.

1 - Black flies in cleared area near forest.
2 - Green fireflies in forest.
3 - Yellow fireflies in forest.
4 - Blue fireflies in forest.
5 - Black flies on lower plateau of Survey Island.

Endings Written

There are 10 possible game endings to find. Each ending is worth 10%

1 - Capture Gehn, release Catherine, then open the fissure. This is the "proper" "happy" ending.
2 - Open the fissure at the beginning of the game (to do this you need to save your game at the start, then go to Tay to get the code from Catherine's Journal, then reload your saved game). You fall into the fissure and nothing else happens.
3 - Open the fissure after retrieving the trap book WITHOUT capturing Gehn. Atrus links in then Gehn and Cho appear and shoot you both.
4 - Open the fissure after capturing Gehn without releasing Catherine. Atrus links in, sees the book, then quickly links out to try and stabilise Riven before everyone dies.
5 - Use the trap book in Tay. You see two of the Moiety preparing to burn the book.
6 - Use the trap book anywhere but Tay (ie Riven or 233). You see Gehn force Cho to link. Gehn looks surprised to see a stranger appear. He then shoots you.
7 - Visit Gehn's 233rd age BEFORE retrieving the trap book then retrieve the trap book and use it in Riven. Again you see Gehn force Cho to link. Gehn recognises you but shoots you all the same.
8 - Trap Gehn in the book then release him anywhere but Tay (ie Riven or 233). You see Gehn through the window give a quick speech then close the book.
9 - Trap Gehn in the book then release him in Tay. He thanks you for giving him the chance to get even with the Moiety then closes the book.
10 - Refuse to use the trap book when Gehn asks you to. After getting more and more annoyed with you each time you refuse he finally shoots you.

Thorough Linker

Based on percentages there should be 16 ways to link.

1 - 6% - link to 233 from Jungle Island
2 - 6% - link to Jungle Island from 2333
3 - 6% - link to 233 from Survey Island
4 - 7% - link to Survey Island from 233
5 - 0% - link to 233 from Boiler Island (This must be a bug. Using this link doesn't register any percentage change)
6 - 6% - link to Boiler Island from 233
7 - 6% - link to 233 from Temple Island
8 - 6% - link to Temple Island from 233
9 - 6% - link to 233 from Prison Island
10 - 6% - link to Prison Island from 233
11 - 6% - link to Tay from the Moiety cave
12 - 7% - link to Riven from Tay cell
13 - 6% - link to Riven from Tay linking cave
14 - 6% - use the trap book in Tay
15 - 7% - use the trap book in Riven
16 - 6% - use the trap book in 233

Wahrkologist

There are 21 Wahrk appearences you need to find in order to get this achievement though not all Wahrk references and appearences in the game are included. A picture tells a thousand words so I will post images of each.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Perfect Timing

Self explanatory. Hit the buttons on the scopes that open the rotating linking domes with perfect timing. Easier said then done.

Egg Hunter

In order to get the Egg Hunter achievement you must first activate the Spyder sequence. The clues are found here If you need help is a good site for that. Once the eggs are activated you need to find all 7 to earn this achievement.

1 - 14% - Christmas lights in the Temple
2 - 14% - "Sky Bridge" near the jungle rotating dome
3 - 15% - Wireframe image in village
4 - 14% - Silly Putty video
5 - 14% - Gehn's Opera video
6 - 14% - Slippery slide on wood chipper
7 - 15% - Book press on Boiler Island (special Riven iOS bonus easter egg)

Hope this guide is helpful

Enjoy! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]