It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Chiro wrote:
:idea: I want to ask about Tai'lahr’s idea by all means.
I will look forward to next week. :wink:

Peke

Well, Peke, I was going to wait until after the weekend to post about it, but since you asked and you're always so polite and appreciative... I will tell you, now. I've invited Janeerah to hold next week's party on the Minkata shard. An update is scheduled for this weekend that is expected to bring major changes to the physics there (animations, kickables, etc.), so I thought it would be fun to try them out and discover the changes for ourselves before they're implemented in MOULa. We could go swimming in Ahnonay, ride the Harvester in Er'cana, maybe kick around all the stones and bones in the Teledahn slave cave... but I'll leave the specifics up to Janeerah to decide.

If you're not already on the Minkata shard and want to get on, there are easy to follow directions in my OU-Minkata Shard Testers Guide (in laymen's terms). I hope to see you there! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:32 pm 

Thank you for information, Tai'lahr!

I read all these articles.
I was interested all the time what a [Minkata Test Shard] was.
There was such an effort of all of you to make it a better one. :shock:
It is worry whether a greenhorn like me is useful.

It is a very shameful question. :oops:
(I may say an incoherent thing.)
In addition, this may not be a question to do with this thread.

Is it necessary to download a game newly to participate in these?
Is adventure of normal MOULa possible even if I overwrite a file of MOULa which I always play in these?
Can I share it with a file of normal MOULa?
Or it is completely overwritten, and is the joint ownership impossible?

Peke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good questions, Peke. You'll need to download a new launcher and then you'll be instructed to COPY (not move) some of your MOULa files to the Minkata folder. So, you won't be overwriting MOULa or losing it in any way. You just need to make sure you have enough space on your computer for both.

I'm probably not the best person to explain all this, but let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to get an OpenUru team member to assist me in answering.

And, to answer your first question, yes you can be a good tester just by being there with the group. And, if you want to file a report, that would be great, but not required for this particular event. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi Chiro. Tai'lahr requested that I answer your questions.
Chiro wrote:
Is it necessary to download a game newly to participate in these?
Yes. To participate in the Minkata Test Shard, you must first sign up for a Minkata test account. After you create an account, you will receive instructions on how to download the Minkata software. Minkata account setup: http://foundry.openuru.org/forms/

Quote:
Is adventure of normal MOULa possible even if I overwrite a file of MOULa which I always play in these?
Your Minkata install should be completely separate from your MOULa install. Even your pictures (KI images) and log files will be saved in a folder that is separate from MOULa's pictures and logs.

Quote:
Can I share it with a file of normal MOULa?
If you have enough hard drive space, you can have both MOULa and Minkata installed on the same computer. Each uses about 5 gigabytes of space, so 10 gigabytes total for both. However, I believe you can only login and play one game at a time.

Quote:
Or it is completely overwritten, and is the joint ownership impossible?
Instead of overwriting MOULa, you should install Minkata to a separate folder. However, the Minkata software only includes the program launcher; it does not include the data files. In order to complete the setup of Minkata, you will need to copy most of your MOULa files over to your Minkata folder. Instructions for this should be included in the e-mail you receive after setting up your account. If you sign up, receive the e-mail and still have more questions, most of us involved in the OpenUru effort will be glad to help. We hope you are still interested and will be joining us soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:54 pm 

Tai'lahr, and Marten.
Thank you for doing a clear commentary with kindness. :)

I am not so good at English, too and do not have the knowledge of the PC very much either, but am interested in Minkata Test Shard very much!
Participation immediate now may be difficult, but I read sleeve notes carefully once again and want to participate as soon as possible right. :wink:

I may ask you a question again.
Please show the suitable place to ask you a question.

Peke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chiro wrote:
I may ask you a question again.
Please show the suitable place to ask you a question.

Peke

Great, we'd love to have you join us and hopefully in time for this Thursday's gathering.

You can post your question in the Minkata Test Shard section of the OpenUru.org forum by starting a thread or posting to one that seems appropriate to your question (example: Question about getting started) or even to the OU-Minkata Shard Testers Guide (in laymen's terms).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:09 pm 

I apologize in asking you a question again here. :oops:

Marten wrote:
Yes. To participate in the Minkata Test Shard, you must first sign up for a Minkata test account. After you create an account, you will receive instructions on how to download the Minkata software. Minkata account setup: http://foundry.openuru.org/forms/

I intended to acquire an account here and sent an E-mail.
I think it to have been yesterday's about 17:00 in Japan time.
After approximately ten hours, there is not yet a reply. I do not know how I should have informed it.

BTW...
Even if I was able to participate, I do not understand English well and do not have the skill of the PC either. :(
It is worry as expected whether it is possible for me. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Have people been able to run Minkata on a Mac? I can't find anything on the OpenURU forums. I presume Wine is the answer, but I've never managed to get Gehn to work either, so I wonder if it's worth even trying...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rayhdeeyoh, I would suggest posting that question in the Minkata Test Shard section of the OpenUru.org forum. If someone can help you, I'm sure you'll get it quicker answer there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Chiro wrote:
I intended to acquire an account here and sent an E-mail.
I think it to have been yesterday's about 17:00 in Japan time.
After approximately ten hours, there is not yet a reply. I do not know how I should have informed it.

Hi Chiro -- You should have received an email response almost immediately after filling out the registration page. Could you PM me with the email address you used to register? I didn't see anything in the server logs while looking for an email address with 'Chiro' in it.

_Rarified

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:11 am 

Hi, rarified!

I sent an E-mail once again.
There was a reply immediately this time!

Thank you very much. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rayhdeeyoh wrote:
Have people been able to run Minkata on a Mac? I can't find anything on the OpenURU forums. I presume Wine is the answer, but I've never managed to get Gehn to work either, so I wonder if it's worth even trying...

Fortunately the Minkata client is close enough to the MOULa client that it still works with the Cider wrapper from MOUL. (Gehn is different, because it is built with newer tools.) Instructions on setting that up are in the MO:ULagain specs/Mac-friendly? and Myst Live on Mac?? threads. Just use the files from the Minkata installer instead of the ones from MOULa. If you don't have Windows to run the installer on, you can get the relevant file directly from the build machine: UruLauncher.exe. I’m not sure if any DLLs are needed in addition to that though.

If you also want the correct server status messages, the URL to insert into the Info.plists according to the instructions here is http://foundry.openuru.org/serverstatus/moullive.php .

I expect Wine to work as well, but have not tried it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Rayhdeeyoh wrote:
There are two routes to this, either using WineSkin or the old GT Cider wrapper with modifications. Arguably the former is the simpler and more "future proof" route, but some people feel they get better performance with the latter. You can find references to both in the posts by Deledriuis and Christian Walther here: http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=730

Edit: Christian just beat me to posting his notes! :)

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ha, if I had remembered that I had written these instructions once before, I’d have beaten you by an even larger margin! ;) Thanks for reminding me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

A reminder, everyone

As suggested by Tailahr before, we might go to minkata shard this week (and maybe next one too)

you can use the links that were provided above to setup the client

see you there maybe

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 9392
Alts : EG Jan (gone) / Sleeper Jan KI (coming soon)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next