It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is actually a call to Cyan, but I would also like to know if others in the community feel the same.

Of course the community has been aware that business is not going well at Cyan. MOUL has been left as a playground for the fans. It is nice that new people still have the opportunity to discover Uru, so thanks to Cyan (and to the donating community) for keeping the servers online.

However, I think most people lost their cautious optimism along the way that the wonderful storyline of the D'ni will ever be continued. Yet, there are so many mysteries that cry for an explanation. Cyan has been wise to keep these secrets close to the chest, but if business keeps going downhill, there is the risk that these mysterious will remain unsolved forever.

I am wondering if Cyan (let's raise the RAWA signal!) might give us some bits and pieces about some of the greatest mysteries of Uru. Perhaps in the form of journal entries to keep the relevations in-character, or perhaps another form would be suitable. What about having Dr. Watson (the fictional one) reveal some of the information?

For me, the greatest mysteries concerning Uru's storyline are the following (and they may be related):

- What ever happened to Calam? Who killed him? Was it Kadish?
- What is the meaning of the notes in Kadish' empty vault? Did Yeesha "revive" Kadish?

Perhaps other fans may present other questions. Of course, if there is still a chance that the storyline could be revealed in a new game or an continuation of Uru, then it would be the best to keep these mysteries as they are. But if not...

I realise that our device has been that the ending has not yet been written, but I prefer the ending to be written, to nothing being written at all, which is the current state of affairs.

I hope Cyan will consider this and I hope to hear if others in the community feel the same as I do.

Shorah b'shemtee,

Erik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

I second the idea that I'd like to know these answers. Cyan has said that at CAVCON 5 they would feel comfortable enough creating more content for MO:ULa. Lore revelations like those would probably be significantly easier for Cyan to accomplish with reduced staff and a lack of free time; it seems like it ought to be easier to have RAWA record a speech as Dr. Watson or to create written notes and design a journal to put it in than it would be to release anything asset-intensive like a new area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is a question the answer to which would be from an alternate Uru history (OOC), but I'd love to know what this was intended to be:

[spoiler=An image from the so-called huevo egg in RealMyst]Image[/spoiler]
My guess is that it was from the Great Shaft somewhere, but maybe not.

And if you need the RAWA signal, here you go:

[spoiler=The RAWA Signal Speaks!]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the signal, Zardoz. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:22 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

RAWA is a bit more holistic and subtle than such blatant, Pavlovian call-out attempts like the bat signal. You have to begin a discussion about something meaningful to him ("Duck-nee" has worked in the past, but probably has lost its effectiveness by now), or just make it wildly irresistible, almost instinctual, like knocking on "Shave And A Haircut" is to Roger Rabbit... and RAWA will come in with his "Two bits!" So to speak.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Right, come up with your own theories about what happened to Calam and if you get close enough, but just get one or two things about it wrong, he'll have a reason to chime in.

Personally, I'm wondering where John Loftin's body is. All we know is that he died during a trip to the cavern in 1991... Hmmm... I've always thought that maybe Loftin killed Calam and Yeesha killed Loftin.

There ya go; nice and tidy. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:08 am 

Answers Schmansers, At this point I would settle for a character appearance... even if they have nothing new to say or reveal.

I know cyan is busy behind the scenes maintaining the game, but it would be nice if someone from cyan could take the time to recreate one of the beloved old DRC characters like Marie or Sharper and come in for a canonical appearance to say hi and show they still care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:23 am 

What I have always dreamed of experiencing with URU has never come to light yet.
Money is the culprit!!! it is a Jakooth ! sighs, URU Prolog - ABM - UU - CC - EOA ...
( Cyan had to make up a name for this game for a lot of the unused content already in the pipeline
when ABM was shut down.) So IMO, End of Ages is not 'canon'.! and neither is GT's episode's which IMO,
is a OVA. aka MOULa. There is a bunch stuff I know is collecting dust on Cyan's shelf's of 2/3 + - finished ages,
and parts of ages, along with Releshan (spelling) with the Book of Meruim (spelling) &
a near finished Guild Hall and residentual section, ( the back side of Ae'gura island ).

The reason why there are so many mysteries left undone is because this game was
supposed to be so immersing and realistic that IRL would seem to blend in and mix with it!
This required perfect timing of the game and IRL time. SO with all the unforeseen catastrophe
Everything was thrown off. EOA, threw it off even farther because Cyan had to make a coherant game out of
the remaining pipeline content, UbiSoft helped with putting it together and distributing it.

It is IMPOSSIBLE unless Cyan can find the tech/coder/etc. help needed along with say another 3 million dollars!
*Might* do it to rework EVERYTHING to the way it originally was supposed to be! Cautious optimism ...
OR Cyan just publish everything in 3 to 5 grand books with color photos! telling the whole complete story in
chronological order. This includes the already 3 existing books ( reworked with all the missing data told in text
instead of game ) OR BOTH! Just think of actualy being able to go to Ae'gura and use the D'ni's library
or Nexas to link to The real full game, Myst Island and play it! or Riven or any of the other ages from Exile and
a full tomahna a blend of M3 and M4!
The Nexus is the age that connects all the games and ages together.
The Library is where the Nexas like interfaces with to make it work. ( the library has that huge glowing firemarble, thats the Nexas interface ( if you can call it that, the d'ni had another name for it though ).
Sry Im getting off topic so... *steps off soapbox*

So we all remain in Limbo... :(

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:45 am 
Um, EoA is canon... [spoiler]Dr. Watson said it was him.[/spoiler]

It is my understanding that everything that went on in the GameTap era was orchestrated by Cyan, and is therefore, canon.

The books were published in the order they are becuase otherwise, the D'ni city would be introduced, and you would be left thinking, who are these D'ni? Who is Anna? What is going on? BoA comes first to tie it all into the games. You are first introduced to boy Atrus. Then Anna, his grandmother, appears, and then Gehn, his father. It is done this way to make you understand.

The Library and the Nexus have nothing to do with each other. The Library is a collection of linking books to Ages. The Nexus was intended by the D'ni to be an MT (mass transit) system for getting around the Cavern more quickly, instead of taking boats. The DRC then added functionality for other Ages. This is why there are only Nexus terminals where you can register your KI in the city, and some of the Ages have Nexus pedestals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I want to know whatever happened to Phil Henderson. He showed up in Kirel once and said some rather cryptic (there's an understatement for ya!) things about colors.

Also, what exactly did Wheely and Rosette find that cost them their lives? There's a lot of speculation on that. Was it some kind of holy bahro shrine?

And where does Victor Laxman get his snappy wardrobe (even if it is just one outfit)?

Also, has anyone spotted the Funky Bahro-- wait, that looks like... could it be? Drat, it disappeared behind the Tokotah again!

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

I would like to read, "The Book of Richard." 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:47 pm 

I am wondering who is doing the free earthly supply of relto books. After your arrival on relto you are able to get a "duplicate" from yeesha in the cleft. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't think you get another Relto book in the cleft, just the page for the pillars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:35 pm 

Quote:
It is my understanding that everything that went on in the GameTap era was orchestrated by Cyan, and is therefore, canon.

GT was the one paying cyan to bring back URU and sense they were the paying customer they were the final say,
GT were the ones who made Cyan turn this OVA of URU into having Episodes!!! This completely ruined URU in the way
it should have worked which You the player NEVER knew if or when something was going to happen.
Watson may have or may not have been the one who freed the bahro. Calam and Isher as well as the Great King,
and just who was it that killed Calam? Isher? or maybe kadish? Maybe Yeesha herself acadently killed Calam while
expermenting and learning the Art from the Bahro! EOA Now the ages and such are Canon ( excuse artistic license)
But the story and how you got to the ages was drastically changed, There are a few puzzles that have been left out like
the 3 floating spinning statues in Kemo and the 2 Eder gardens. You need to play RealMyst to get some VERY important info
and clues in the age of Rime, Atrus had found a way to modify ages using crystals! ( quantom, alternate dimention or reality
by changing the crystals around you would change the age or you would see a alternate of the same age with the changed properties you made with the crystals.)
Then there is the mystery of the Star Fissure. ( a rip in time space or a wormhole,
it is said when the star fissure first appeared strange flying apparitions, creatures came out of it ) Others say The Star Fissure was the result of the book of Earth, a whole new tree was planted and through it ( The star fissure )
grew the great civilization of the D'ni. Ghen did not make the Star Fissure with his meddling with the art. Because
the Fissure appears in Er'cana, which has been around for a lot longer than Ghen has.

I can go on but thats enough for now.

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:24 am 
Um, what?

Dr. Watson said that he was the one who freed the Bahro. Can someone please find the chatlong of that?

The likely suspect for Calam's death is Kadish, after Yeesha saved his alternate self in the alternate vault. Who else was deluded into believing themselves the Grower?

As Atrus himself explained to his sons, the Age itself isn't chaning, just what you see. It is moving through many many Ages as it 'locks on', I suppose.

The Star Fissure was an accident created by Catherine and Anna. Although, it may have been deliberate, as Catherine seemed to have expected it. No flying apparitions came out of it. And it is nothing to do with Er'cana, or Earth. It seems most likely it is related to the Bah'ro's linking powers, since we find Bah'ro caves in it.