It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Myst Minor Puzzle
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 am 
Obduction Backer

I remember something from my childhood you could in Myst. One is there a way to turn off the jail in the mechanical age and there is note behind there telling how to unlock this second part. Second if you mess with light the red yellow and green shapes it unlocks a journal in the bottom of it. Plus I forget how you do this but in the journal it tells you how to raise an island. It raise up the island where the pirates sunk the ship, you cant explore there but I saw done once when I was little. Is this true or am i confusing another adventure game with this one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 am 

Since I still pick up new details from the games, I could never consider myself a complete expert on the series. But, I am fairly certain I have seen and done all you can in the original Myst (and realMyst). What you describe does not line up with my knowledge base, so I am very eager to learn if anyone else knows more about this.

By "jail", I assume you are referring to the electrified cage in Achenar's secret area. I do not recall there being any more to it other than a sign that Achenar was not above torturing inhabitants to get his way. Even in realMyst, you could never enter the structure.

The green, yellow and red colored shapes, I presumed, were a control scheme for alerting folks to potential danger. The telescope in Sirrus' room offered a lookout, depending on the rotation of the structure. In fact, when the structure is rotated a particular way, you can use the telescope to see a skeleton hanging on a mast in the distance. In realMyst, it is animated slightly.

In all my exploration, I never found any combination for the shapes, so I wrote it off as either an abandoned puzzle or simply a pretty "toy". Myst, after all, has a lot of toys with no specific gameplay value--for example, the rose/skull morphing hologram in Achenar's quarters in Stoneship and Sirrus' peculiar sculpture, also in Stoneship, with a sphere perched atop a tall block which can deform when touched. I have assumed these were products of experimentation with various technologies that were given a home to help decorate the space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 pm 

Well, I remember their being a secret combination for the cyscals too but I've allays thought that was a dream I had(since I have only found it once). Oddly I can't find anything on Google about it, it would be cool if someone figured out the combination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 am 
Obduction Backer

If you look closely at the the interview with Rand Miller when the 10 year old collection came out for when windows xp. He talking about Myst and you see someone with the shapes that light but and they don't go out and go left to right so there is a puzzle. As for the jail you never went in it. The letter was hidden beside the cage. If any one can find this it would be great.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]