It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:37 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:48 am 

I had a look at the image of the sandals soles of the player standing on top of the city's map and at one of Zandi's sandal sole.

My conclusion after very advanced image "enhancement & strechings":

The player's soles are a bit different from Zandi's sole. On Zandi's sole I could discern one word but because most Uru graphics are of low quality I can only partially gess what it is. I see something that could be an inside joke from one of the artists and the word seems to be "FATMAN".

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Artic_Wagon wrote:
I see something that could be an inside joke from one of the artists and the word seems to be "FATMAN".

Rather than trying to read it from in game, I posted a cropped pic (on the prev. page) directly from Zandi's texture file, I left it a small pic since zooming in just makes it blurrier and harder to figure out what the word is as a whole since I see it as just individual pixels.

When you look at the small picture on the last page, but don't strain TOO hard to read it, it says "WHARKS". Can't anyone else see that word?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:19 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Ehren wrote:
When you look at the small picture on the last page, but don't strain TOO hard to read it, it
says "WHARKS". Can't anyone else see that word?

Yes, I do :)

I'm not sure I make anything out of the circular motif under the heel though. and the "insert" running from sole to instep to heel seems to be just that - I can't visualize it as a map or clue of any sort. I reckon it's all just one of those little touches of detail that Cyan could indulge in when times were better.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:25 pm 

Ehren wrote:
When you look at the small picture on the last page, but don't strain TOO hard to read it, it says "WHARKS".
Can't anyone else see that word?
Actually, I can see that now. :shock: I zoomed my browser a bit and it seems to be pretty convincing that it says WHARKS.
Who'da thunk it? :wink:
As it's been said before, it's probably just another one of those tiny little extras that pop up every now and then. I thought just now, I heard an almost imperceptable chuckle of a Cyan graphics artist echoing from a far distant age. "About time"... :D

Considering the bottom view of the Relto wardrobe issued sandals, posted by Annabelle, and considering that "Zandi at the Cleft" "could be" considered just another avatar, it makes sense that artistic liberties were probably taken with the sandals, "just for the fun of it."

In 20 years or so, of being around all things MYST, it has proven one thing beyond a shadow of doubt. It pays to be observant during all aspects of gameplay even if it's just for something fun. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:30 pm 

Quote:
Actually, I can see that now. :shock: I zoomed my browser a bit and it seems to be pretty convincing that it says WHARKS.
Who'da thunk it? :wink:
As it's been said before, it's probably just another one of those tiny little extras that pop up every now and then. I thought just now, I heard an almost imperceptable chuckle of a Cyan graphics artist echoing from a far distant age. "About time"... :D

Considering the bottom view of the Relto wardrobe issued sandals, posted by Annabelle, and considering that "Zandi at the Cleft" "could be" considered just another avatar, it makes sense that artistic liberties were probably taken with the sandals, "just for the fun of it."

In 20 years or so, of being around all things MYST, it has proven one thing beyond a shadow of doubt. It pays to be observant during all aspects of gameplay even if it's just for something fun. :wink:

Suggestion:
1- Set your browser zoom at 400 %
2- Take a screenshot and
3- Use an image editor like ms paint and
4- Do a vertical flip (180 degrees) then
5- Do a horizontal flip and
6- Tell us what new word you can hardly see now ! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:45 pm 

Artic_Wagon wrote:
Suggestion:
1- Set your browser zoom at 400 %
2- Take a screenshot and
3- Use an image editor like ms paint and
4- Do a vertical flip (180 degrees) then
5- Do a horizontal flip and
6- Tell us what new word you can hardly see now ! :wink:

Well, well, well now. :shock: I did as suggested and and a few other things too and I think a case can be made for either word, WHARKS or FATMAN, however I feel as if I must reafirm my earlier post and say that I am mostly in the WHARKS camp.
Here is what I see:
With the sandal's instep to the bottom, yellow circle to the right, toe to the left and the heel to the right, I sort of see FaTY(?)M. Sorry, but it's just not clear enough for me to make out the 4th and 5th letter clearly. :?

With the sandal's instep to the top, yellow circle to the left, toe to the right and the heel to the left, if I squint, I "can" see WHARKS fairly convincingly. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it until shown otherwise. :)

:idea: :idea: :idea: OK, "with tongue firmly in cheek," clearly it's time for starting a poll to see what everybody else thinks, as I just know this discussion is on everybodys lips and minds. Or better yet, time for RAWA to chime in and settle it once and for all. :wink:
Like I said before, "a life of it's own." 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2