It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 63  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

aww poo. Yeah, back to Kevin's. Maybe he's got change for that $50.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:49 pm 

!!! END OF CHAPTER !!!

You are back in Keven's bedroom. He says "I've doing some research and I found out that the Deni king who owned the box we are trying to open seemed to have a 'password'. He I wrote it on this sticky note."

You take it, the number is #53241, now don't worry I will "remember" the number for you, even though Myst players are accustomed to writing things down.

"Also I ordered another PS3 controller from Amazon, they are about $50. I don't whats wrong with my old one, it looks like it was dropped but I don't remember dropping it"

What do you do? Choose wis... actually it does not matter a whole lot what you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

do we need a controller too? The $50 is quite a coincidence....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 pm 

You don't need a controller but it looks like Kevin does :)

Want to know, weather to give him the $50, read back on page 51 to make the "right" chouse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

OK, so if I've got this straight: we put the controller down in disgust and then it continued vibrating and fell down and broke - so the question is whether that was our fault. If it was our fault, then arguably we should give Keven the money for a new one.

I'm not an expert on PS3 controllers so I don't know how predictable it was that it would fall off; and whether it was to be expected that this fall would break it.

But I guess it would be kind to give him the money, and there doesn't seem to be any competing use for the money, and in adventure games, doing a good deed usually brings rewards, so I vote for giving it to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:59 pm 

Yeah, it looks like I didn't set the controller down in a safe location and it broke. We owe it to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

I... but... but...

*hands over the $50*

*mutters something about how REAL gamers play XBox*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:19 pm 

Acorn1 wrote:
I'm not an expert on PS3 controllers so I don't know how predictable it was that it would fall off; and whether it was to be expected that this fall would break it.

I'm not sure of this eather and IF I had a PS3, I would not want too find out :lol:.

Acorn1 wrote:
and in adventure games, doing a good deed usually brings rewards....

... and BioWare games :)
*SOWGH* You get 50 Paragon points, like in Mass Effect, they will come in handy latter on.

Rhee wrote:
*mutters something about how REAL gamers play XBox*

I prefer the PlayStation 2 for 2002 era gaming as for the 360, I think "real" gammers play the PC, even though you need to spend a bit more money for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:46 pm 

In my opinion, PC > Nintendo > Xbox > PS.

Anyway, should we head back to the Age of Science now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:17 am 

*sigh* I guess so. I will now go back through this thread and snip together the important points of what happened last time.

~ CHAPTER 2 :All adventures end up in space eventually! ~

You are in a small lab, there are six lab bencheses but only one of them is covered in labratory equipment. All of them have a dozen doors. There are windows all around the lab outside, you can see a cave, but you can not see the ground of the cave that well. The floor is a warm but not hot The only door out of here is locked because I don't want you too exit this room by this door. There is a peice of paper on the wall by the locked door.

'm glad you asked about the note, it's a map of the lab with a legound explaining what's in the draws. Oh and I see you have finished opening them all, so lets see what we got here:

- A crystal(not related at all to the one you are looking for) in a wooden box with "too station" written on it that takes an AC adapter: 6 volts, 10 watts, -*+ and the adapter that goes with it.(at one point it was converted to run on AAA bateris but they have died)
- some test tubs
- a indescribable device
- a machine that looks like it was made for atifacial linking which is broken.
- a warhk tusk
- a towel(always know where this is)
- a sticky note that says "todays password is $S2DF:XF321"
- a fez( "fezers are cool, I where fezzes now!")
*** You might have noticed some of the items have "disappeared" , this is to make things less confusing. ***
This is all you need to proceed and the Crystal is plugged in a glowing but it does not feel hot when you put your hand near it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:31 am 
Obduction Backer

This probably got asked last time, but describe the indescribable device to me. How big? what color? Round? Square? does it light up? does it smell? if you shake it, does it make a noise? if you drop it in the forest, and no one is around, does it explode?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:46 am 

It's indescribable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the recap, Jamie, as I wasn't around for the Age of Science last time round.

Forgive a few basic questions: does "To station" refer to the station in the age of steam or a different station? Or don't we know?

And have we previously tried plugging the crystal-containing box and transformer into the power socket in Keven's room? (Given it's now glowing, maybe we don't need to, of course.)

And have we tried joining the crystal, with or without its box, to the broken linking device? It feels like the linking device is the most promising way of getting out of here, so we need to get it working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:51 pm 

Read the chapter title again for a clue of what "To station" means!

*** ignore the artificial linking machine, it's only there to show what type of experiments the scientist where working on. I "broke" the machine when describing, in hopes that you would ignore it.***

So, your in a room with a Crystal in a box, it's glowing, you need a way to teleport yourself out of here, what do you do? If there where not a forum thread what you do? How come you guys are not getting this? Maybe you should contact Kevin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

ummm - we could touch the crystal, has that been tried before?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 63  Next