It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 63  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:26 pm 

It has NOT!!!!!!

You touch the crystal and see a bright light and then nothing else appears to have happened, so you turn around to talk to the other party members but they are GONE! On closer examination you notice you are not in the same lab you where in bofore or though it has an identical layout. You Kimail the others to touch the Crystal to come.

There are windows on both sides of the lab and the ones on the back wall look out too SPACE! From out the window you see a small earth like planet bellow the station. You jump but the station has artificial gravity. There is a door to another chamber, the other chamber is small and you can see an air lock heading into space in the chamber. They are also some valves and space sutties.

There are the following items set up on lab benches:
- A computer connected to a machine with a bunch of tubes and a switch(they is a card connected to the switch)
- Some notes on the history of the age.
- A bunch of tools
- A small hologram projector with a hologram of orrigne text that says "help us!"
- A model Stargate
- A red liqured in a beacker
- A door in a jar(that's another movie reference, so remember it for latter on(trust me))
- Car keys for some odd reason
- A stand to hold a bowl with no bowl in it.
- A working device for artificial linking(this could come in handy at the end of the game)
- A manual for the device

Try and figure out what to do with all this stuff. What do you do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 pm 
After tocuhing the crystal, I attempt to dial Earth on the stargate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Phew!

Let's start by reading the notes on the history of the age, please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:10 pm 

OK history first.

Here is a summery of the notes:

- This age was originally a Den'i mining age. The Den'i mind rare Crystals in the cave that the lab was made in. A lava flow was discover in the cave and Den'i set up crevices too capture the heat from these devices to power they machines. The International Cummity For The Overseeing Of Secret Science thought it was a good place to set up a lab where explores and people on earth would be able to find it. What they did not seem to know was that there was a linking book that linked into the lab directly, as the notes describe the link-in point to be outside the cave.

The StarGate is only a toy sized model, it can not be dialed but it does show that someone is a fan :wink:.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

what about the card connected to the switch, is there writing on it?

And can you describe the machine connected to the computer please, Jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:36 pm 

Here are the details for the machine:

The machine is a round basin with four large tubes connected too it. The tubes have some sort of blue liquid in them. It is bubbling but when you put your hand near them, they do not fell that hot.

There is a small pipe comeing out of basin, the end of the pipe looks like that of a the end of a lazer.

The switch is a large red switch(lever, not a light-switch) connected too a large black pipe(like a thick vacuum pipe). There is a small slot beside the switch that gets larger near the top and button of it's "track". The switch is in the "up" position.The computer is hooked up to the basin via what appear to be jumper cables(but they are more complex the that). The cables go into the desktop using a custom port on it's back.

On the paper connected by a string to the bottom of the switch is written a drawing of the slot by the switch, on the top of the drawing it says "Out Of Phase" on the bottom it says "In Phase".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:38 pm 
/me pulls the level

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:56 pm 

What makes you think you should do that? ;)

The lever pulls and then spring back into place, it's not broken but rather protected by something, as you examin the machine you notice another wooden box with a Telelportaion Crystal in it hiding in the shadows, this one says "Too Ground Lab" on the top, it also has an AC adapter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:24 am 
Obduction Backer

is that teleportation crystal glowing or not?
Not that I want to go back to the ground lab right now - we have that "help us" message to follow up.

Will the computer switch on?

Is there liquid in the bowl or is it just in the tubes? Maybe pouring the red liquid into the bowl might be an interesting thing to do but I'd like to know about the status of the bowl and computer first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:35 pm 

The teleporation Crystal is not glowing but all you have to do is plug it in. Don't forget sometimes in adventure games you have to go backwards to go forwards.

The computer is on a Windows XP lock screen.

I assume you mean the basin, correct? You notice that there is a large lid on it. Assuming you want to take off the lid,there is nothing you can see in the basin but electronics, maybe the basin is just a good a way of housing the machine's electronics.. MAYBE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

yes I did mean the basin, sorry. :oops:

Can we try to log on to the computer - we have been given two different sets of numbers/codes, either or both of which might be needed.

Will one of the tools, or anything else in our inventory, fit into the slot beside the switch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh man, i sure hope that password works on the compy. I do NOT want to be on the phone with tech support for the rest of the afternoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:47 pm 

The user-name is Admin,

Acorn1, which password, do you want to try?

Nothing will fit in the slot, it's just to show you, the way the lever is set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Let's try "today's password" - though it could have been from ages ago: $S2DF:XF321

But if that doesn't work we could try the password Keven told us about.

And if all else fails we can try Rhee's idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:36 pm 

You try today's password... it works,. You are presented with a boring blue windows desktop. There is a signal program open it is titled "controller". There is a CG image of the device, above it is the text "Inner circuits: auto disabled". Beside the diagram are servel large sized buttons with white text they say "disable communication, enable voice filter, enable inner circuits, teleport in a Banana smoothly and reset security ". The inter interface looks oddly oversimplified.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 63  Next