It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:09 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Chogon has not had a chance to get the updates yet (MOULa sure has been keeping him busy today in any case), so any testing this weekend, by as many people as possible, and into early next week will be greatly appreciated. So please join in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:21 am 

I am really liking the ease of having uru windowed and going from there to another site with out hitting alt/esc.
I have also found that the cones are much more maneuverable. I was able to set some in a nice row. No one around tonight yet though...would be nice to have company in here...lol.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am 

@ angelmyst I was there :) just off in my journeys Sat.4.20.2013 and thank you for the visit to my hood. :)

I have found the cleft and 4 ages play very well, the kickables work well.good job. The Gira fish traps really impressed me
almost like being in off-line game play. :) I am impressed so far with the game physics and reactions, will give detail more on the Minkata forum.

KI 00142411

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

What is the status of the testing and MOULa import?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:50 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Rik wrote:

I believe that Cyan are aware that everything is ready for their collection (in fact they probably picked up the update a couple of weeks ago) but there are a few things that have been using up Chogon's time recently, so I don't think he's got it merged into Cyan's build system yet. There was also some reorganizing that Chogon was planning on doing to make future updates a bit easier to incorporate. Anyway, bottom line is that things are moving more slowly than could have been anticipated.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:25 am 

Rik wrote:

Mac_Fife wrote:
I believe that Cyan are aware that everything is ready for their collection (in fact they probably picked up the update a couple of weeks ago) but there are a few things that have been using up Chogon's time recently, so I don't think he's got it merged into Cyan's build system yet. There was also some reorganizing that Chogon was planning on doing to make future updates a bit easier to incorporate. Anyway, bottom line is that things are moving more slowly than could have been anticipated.

It is good to read that some progress is being made ... would be better to read it from Chogon himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

But it's still encouraging news. Thanks, Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:49 pm 

With the constant server trouble and the work on replacing things, I understand why Chogon isn't stopping by to update us on fan content.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi folks!

Just a short note -- the web hosting service for the OpenURU.org domain has gone completely down. :shock:

In addition to losing access to the OpenURU forums and wiki, the web hosting service ran the domain name servers for the OpenURU domain. That means you won't be able to get to the Foundry (and likely Minkata will not work). [The short explanation is that any computer with a name that ends with .openuru.org currently cannot be reached or found on the internet.]

I hear they are "working on the problem" and I suspect there is a little pressure to get things restored; they are a major web hosting service for a lot of other groups than OpenURU!

We'll post a note when we know things are back.

_R

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

rarified wrote:
Hi folks!

Just a short note -- the web hosting service for the OpenURU.org domain has gone completely down. :shock:

In addition to losing access to the OpenURU forums and wiki, the web hosting service ran the domain name servers for the OpenURU domain. That means you won't be able to get to the Foundry (and likely Minkata will not work). [The short explanation is that any computer with a name that ends with .openuru.org currently cannot be reached or found on the internet.]

I hear they are "working on the problem" and I suspect there is a little pressure to get things restored; they are a major web hosting service for a lot of other groups than OpenURU!

We'll post a note when we know things are back.

_R

Thanks for letting us know, rarified. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

It appears (for the moment) that the web service and name servers are back up.

So the Forums, Wiki, Foundry and Minkata are all now accessible.

_R

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:00 am 

Great job.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
UPDATE: When the 918 Build was submitted to and accepted by Cyan back in June, there were a few minor issues that required Cyan to make some changes to the build. This meant that the Minkata shard wasn't identical to MOULa afterwards and because joining the Minkata shard requires using files from MOULa, no new shard users could join the shard. Until now. Rarified has recently been able to update Minkata to use the content from MOULa build 918. Minkata Shard Update Saturday November 16, 2013

The usual list of suspects, er, testers have already updated their files and after working out a few bugs, been able to log in to the shard. But, to really test this update, we need new players to join the shard. If you're interested, please see Minkata Shard Testers Guide (in laymen's terms) for information on how to join.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Every time I try to log on into the Minkata shard, I get an error message:

File not found on server: Data/dat/Cleft_District_BuiltIn.prp,gz

And yes, I did try Run as administrator, and still got the same message.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:23 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

TOOO - a lot of people (me included) are discovering that our MOULa installs weren't quite up-to-date. Force a refresh of MOULa by deleting the tos.txt and launching the client. Once it has updated, quit and copy the dat folder into Minkata (might be a good idea to rename the old one first, or delete it). You should be OK then - worst case, repeat the tos.txt trick on Minkata after copying in the new dat folder.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next