It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:51 pm 

Jamie Marchant wrote:
EDIT: Annabeha how much disk space do you have, and what type of disk do you have(Solid sate or traditional)

Hmm I won't detail how much disk space I have overall. Let's say that 61 Gb is lesser than 0,5%. I have backup and I have backup of backup. I have traditional HDDs. Solid State is rather costly and I don't see, for me, the need to have such HDDs...and My Tailor is (not so) Rich :lol:

------

MercAngel wrote:

Nice, I'll check that out 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:09 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Stone. wrote:
You can create hard links to the dat and sfx folders. A single version of the data with multiple folders pointing to it. Kind of works like a shortcut but the OS thinks its a folder.

This is a bad thing to do because shards are not always in sync. It will cause problems. You must duplicate your folders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:51 pm 

WOW! This should be split into three topics, it's hard to keep track of everything, everyone is talking about.

Hard disks: Keep in mind that hard disks with moving parts(old school) start to get slow, when they get large(~ 1 TB), so it's best to use smaller drives.

Hard links: I don't think you can do this in Windows. Bonus points too UNIX like systems!

The Atlantis shard: Good to see the shard is back up! Now my understanding of the DirstSand lisense is your also need too share the source code for that if you use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jamie Marchant wrote:
Hard links: I don't think you can do this in Windows. Bonus points too UNIX like systems!

NTFS symbolic link

I use it for my MO:ULa custom clients, but not for shards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:26 pm 

Thanks for sharing that Lyrositor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

The registration and the installation of the shard went fast and easy ... I didn't explore very much, I just grabbed almost all of the ages ... I've been exploring the city a bit and parts of Teledahn ... I don't like to complete the whole journey atm again and again, I just have everything ready now (books and links) in case you'd like to have sth special being tested then it'd be easily done ... :P

Great job so far, MercAngel ... Everything works nicely and smooth ... Nice welcome when 'entering' the neighborhood and also the city ... Everything feels and looks like on UU / D'mala ... :)

Are we supposed to post bugs we encounter here? ... There were only two I could tell by now ... You cannot read Sharper's book, you have a hotspot, but it doesn't come up to be read, and I got stuck in front of the library in front of the Teledahn linking book stand, I could free myself by linking to Teledahn though ... Yeah, everything else worked great so far, so come on in everyone, so you'll have another alternative just in case, and MercAngel will appreciate some more testers I suppose ... :D

I'd like to add a big Kudos to the H'Uru team, who have been laying and are providing the foundations for such an accomplishment ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:55 pm 

I was surprised to be the 2nd explorer in Atlantis this morning :lol: . We were 2 neighbours: MercAngel and myself.

I went to Teledahn. All went very well until I froze twice at the aquarium-like safe. From there, my only way out was to quit. On my 2nd quit, I decided to wait until further bug correction...

EDIT: and janaba is the 3rd one :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:33 am 
Obduction Backer

MercAngel, I forgot to mention that the server.ini file couldn't be found by the UruLauncher.exe as it is contained in the '"(your resp. windows drive here):\MultiShard\shards\Lost City Of Atlantis"' directory, so I had to copy it into the main installation directory to be recognized by the Uru executable ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 am 
Obduction Backer

I got the same error. Setting the executable to run in XP Service pack 3 mode did the trick. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:34 am 
Obduction Backer

janaba1 wrote:
MercAngel, I forgot to mention that the server.ini file couldn't be found by the UruLauncher.exe as it is contained in the '"(your resp. windows drive here):\MultiShard\shards\Lost City Of Atlantis"' directory, so I had to copy it into the main installation directory to be recognized by the Uru executable ... :D

use the URUshardSelect to launch it will copy the server.ini if you have it or got get one if you do not have it but right now it willl not go get one still working on that part and there are no other shards to get one from right now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

/doh ... haha ... didn't see this one yesterday as when you're not used to this you don't expect/suspect to have sth different and just look for and see the Launcher.exe ... So, I'm glad that I've mentioned it, also for others who might encounter the same 'non-issue' lol ... Thanks, MercAngel, works like a charm ... :D

Just for the fun of it I've added the Gehn Shard and its server.ini and then an update was being downloaded ... as I felt a bit uncertain where those files are being saved, maybe they just overwrite the Atlantis Shard files, I stopped the download process, deleted the Gehn Shard from the shard selection and chose the Atlantis Shard, and then another update was being downloaded, the Atlantis Shard files, I suppose ... so, I'm glad I've stopped it before ... I was hoping that the UruShardSelect would just grab the files from whichever other shard it is getting the server.ini from as it perfectly correct created a Gehn Shard folder additionally to the already existing Atlantis Shard folder with the resp. server.ini ... Yeah, just had to try this out ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I'm finally a denizen of the Atlantis shard. The Shard Select works very nice - at least for Atlantis, Gehn and TOC. (I'm guessing it's not designed for DI, Minkata and MOULa.)

Oh, boy, have I found a major bug! The fish cages in Eder Gira vanished, which means I can't reach the final cloth. Could you look into this, please?

Otherwise, I'm very happy. :)

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

TOOO wrote:
I'm finally a denizen of the Atlantis shard. The Shard Select works very nice - at least for Atlantis, Gehn and TOC. (I'm guessing it's not designed for DI, Minkata and MOULa.)

Oh, boy, have I found a major bug! The fish cages in Eder Gira vanished, which means I can't reach the final cloth. Could you look into this, please?

Otherwise, I'm very happy. :)

you have to delete the book off your self for now that will reset the age.

Post subject: Re: Atlantis shard
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sry i not had must time to work on anything real work has been fiery abyss but if any on is still logs on I am getting my house worked on from July 27- August 8 for that time i will be shunting down the server. i am getting it ready to sell as i will be moving to FL or SC some time with in the next year.

Post subject: Re: Atlantis shard
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:51 pm 

Sorry to hear of that Merc.
Are you going to bring it back up later?
Could you open your book room in your Hood/Bevin so we can get the other garden age?

Hope you come back.

Very stable shard, if I may say so.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next