It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:35 am 

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Quicksand landings from fissure jumps, Crashes to desktop 1 out of 10 links and that dreded Dance of Death panic link is enough for me. To stay away until they get it fixed that is.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Er, isn't this a beta test?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:07 pm 

Falling through the sand issue can be worked around by using the Cleft linking book. And the dance of death? Note it, report it, deal with it for now! This is to be expected in beta. :P

Now we get to check for these issues again! ^.~

KI #00449231

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Falling through the sand issue can be worked around by using the Cleft linking book.
No it can't. Yeesha gives you the cleft book in build 9, just as she used to - except you can't get there to her to get it. Read the build 9 logs. This is mentioned in one of the bug list threads too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:15 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Quote:
Falling through the sand issue can be worked around by using the Cleft linking book.
No it can't. Yeesha gives you the cleft book in build 9, just as she used to - except you can't get there to her to get it. Read the build 9 logs. This is mentioned in one of the bug list threads too.

Ah...I was basing my post on build 8...x.x

Yeah, I've been pretty much out of the loop due to a bunch of computer problems and stuff - so it is taking me a while to catch up.

Not to mention I haven't been able to get IN yet because the e-mail to activate my account never got through. (And no, it is *not* in my junkbox)

KI #00449231

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:38 pm 

Don't forget the panic link here and the panic link there problems ;)

Everytime I try to interact with something (baskets, cones, wall,)
I get a panic link or very close to it. I was able to stop one in teledahn by opening my relto book and closing it then moving, but that only helped once.

Its anoying, but to be expected in beta.

leading us down new paths

Walt Disney

Keep moving forward

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:41 pm 

Zardoz wrote:

Why yes it is. And to test we do need to be able to play at least at minimal levels. When they report bugs are fixed or at least partially fixed they should be just that. The frog dance was annoying but the replacement DOD complete with panic link that replaced the frog dance is a step backwards that has been reportedly at least partially repaired while it seems to actually get worse.

Every once in every other blue moon you can actually land in the cleft from the fissure. I jumped one avatar into that fissure over 100 times only to watch it hit at mach 3 and sink into the ground. I was sort of expecting it to show up in Relto in a full body cast in a wheel chair. That landing shouolde be a top 3 priority.

When they issue a list of fixes for an update there should at least be an improvement so most players don't constantly experience those bugs. It's like no one is listening to the beta testers at all. I haven't even seen anything from Cyan that they even acknowledge there is a fissure to cleft problem. Do you really think I'm the only one to report this bug? I see it mentioned by everyone but Cyan all over this forum. It's ike they hired some bozo from UbiSoft and put him in charge. You don't want my opinion of the quality and motives of UbiSoft people especially when it concerns this game.

This game is due for public release in just a few short weeks. Do you think the general public would get past a free trial of any game in this condition? I am very aware there are setbacks but not addressing problems or saying they are fixed or playable and close to a fix when they are not is not a way to build confidence. Oh we didn't fix anything but here have a new T-shirt for your Avatar. R I G H T. What good is a well dressed avatar that can't move and interact with anything in the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Zardoz wrote:

:mrgreen: yep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:59 pm 

DrFeelgoodWA wrote:
It's ike they hired some bozo from UbiSoft and put him in charge.

Core Meltdown Alert! Shut off your computer, remove the heat sink from your CPU, strap it to your head and cool down for a day or two.

Last edited by tkwiggins on Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:03 pm 

tkwiggins wrote:
DrFeelgoodWA wrote:
It's ike they hired some bozo from UbiSoft and put him in charge.

Core Meltdown Alert. Shut down your computer, take the heat sink off your CPU, put in on your head and cool off for a day or two.

That's horrible. But I'd hate to say, there's a lot worse than UbiSoft. (*cough*lindenlabs*cough**cough**hockupbaseballstatium*...that's not my wife)

Calm down, dude. The whole point of beta testing is to find bugs like these. I'm sure they will be fixed. We just have to find the bugs, and nag the developers to get them fixed. ;)

KI #00449231

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

DrWA, I understand your frustration, but there are just two showstopper bugs carried over from build 8 to build 9. I know that it's two too many for now, but they should be fixed in the next release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

i made it after many tries. finally got my shirt. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:08 am 

DrFeelgoodWA wrote:
Every once in every other blue moon you can actually land in the cleft from the fissure. (snip) That landing shouolde be a top 3 priority.

I'm pretty sure it is. This can be kind of hard to see if you don't work on software, but some issues are really hard to fix and some aren't. No one at Cyan is dumb enough to think that this isn't a priority. It could just be hard, or they could be waiting on some special feature from Ageia that will fix the problem (as I'm convinced that it's a physics problem).

DrFeelgoodWA wrote:
Oh we didn't fix anything but here have a new T-shirt for your Avatar. R I G H T. What good is a well dressed avatar that can't move and interact with anything in the game?

This is an example of something that is easy to implement. I would estimate that this probably took someone under two hours. Have an art person scale the image down and color correct it, compress it nicely, and add it to the list of shirts available.

Comparing the cleft jump bug to a new t-shirt is, I bet, like comparing rebuilding a transmission to getting a new air freshener. They're on a different scale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:29 am 

Not to get into a fight... but... different people/teams work on different things. Don't assume the one that implements a t-shirt is the same person that fixes the fissure bug. And I won't even mention the improvements that are implemented BEHIND the scenes, which nobody will ever notice (but HEY! That download improved!).

That having said... my compliments to Cyan, they are working really, REALLY hard to get this game going soon and I know for a fact that they DO realize their priorities. AND they listen to what is being said, AND they test things themselves AND are fully aware of (major) bugs!

This is not the time to be frustrated, this is the time to rejoice for what has been accomplished already!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:52 am 
Obduction Backer

Sophia wrote:

This is not the time to be frustrated, this is the time to rejoice for what has been accomplished already!

^
|
|
Yea, that. */clap*

:D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next