It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:43 am 

I will rewrite an info here:

Christian Walther (I forgot to respond to him) PMed yesterday saying that he would be able to built such build. The issue is that it might take some times if the foundry is unaccessible. There was a post made JWPlatt on this matter.

We will have it someday, just maybe not on the same exact day the update will occur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:30 am 

That's great to hear. :)
Having the option to use this client is everything, at least for some time.. Mere mortals like us that have no idea about coding (and will hardly get an opportunity to find one in their lifetime) have very little chance of survival in the long run here anyway. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:56 pm 

adi wrote:
That's great to hear. :)
Having the option to use this client is everything, at least for some time.. Mere mortals like us that have no idea about coding (and will hardly get an opportunity to find one in their lifetime) have very little chance of survival in the long run here anyway. :P

There are some skydivers who would be able to do such compilation the issue is they speak french and I would be the relay to get info from one side, the developers and then pass the info on the other side, the voltigeurs.

Since I don't know what a compiler do other than compile stuff :lol: I would be at lost trying to gather/pass on info. I'll try another strategy...on a french forum where the developer comes by. It will cut the bad relay aka me :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:27 am 

This deep analysis is relevant to my renewed collection of quests

You can learn more about it following this link:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26578&highlight=

Here it goes...

I’ve been part of the pioneers who brought to the masses the combo jumping & made it, for a while, the prime & foremost advanced technique to explore areas beyond the normal grounds.

I’ve been taught mostly by Shellshock who developed this technique and it was the first technique I mastered after the easier “one shot” technique known as the super jump (or lamp jump), a stand jump followed by a run-jump immediately

The technique of doing a “one shot” walk-jump + run-jump in a split second, the “no name” technique also developed by Shellshock, became better known as the double jump technique under my influence mostly.

I then developed different version of those double jumps (always involving a walk-jump followed by a run-jump) that I’m calling the standing, the held, & the bouncing.

I then began to use them in sequences & mixing them with other techniques including the run-jumps or the walk-jumps for instance. That’s what I’m calling the jumping sequences. Once you start them, you have 2 choices: complete them or fail. You have to see them as a whole not just a recollection of individual jumps glued together.

Back in 2010, I had more easiness with combo jumping than double jumps.For a while, I was mostly using only combo jumping letting the double jumps aside. With my great aptitude toward reaching & teaching the masses 8) , it becomes somewhat a “Cavern legend” LOL that combo jumping was & is still the prime technique to be able to do skydiving. That’s false as of 2013.

Things evolved, I evolved and my quests have evolved...

I felt that my quests were mostly fixed in the past, the Golden Age of combo jumping. With new and powerful PCs, most explorers that were able to perform them are simply not able to do them anymore or can do them only if they use monstrous system workaround.

I began with my 7th release, The Eders, last year at this same date, to put a foot in the future (with my quests in Eder Kemo & Eder Tsogal) while making sure to keep one solidly in the Golden past (with my quests in Eder Gira & Eder Delin).

I proposed you then 2 approaches of skydiving: the old one saying: “Do combos or die” and the new one saying “Use jumping sequences, the power is at your finger tip”

The power at your finger tip...

Cyan planned their game. They hired people to check the collision walls to make sure no one could go over them with simple techniques like walk-jumps or run-jumps. The evil long-sharp teeth ResEng of back then were very fast on fixing things.

They had, back then, forgot the bahro stone on the hood balcony for instance. It resulted in the creation of the “balcony jump”. They simply raised the collisions on the balcony. Exit the fun!

They forgot other spots like the rope bridge but mostly they have well protected their game.

Where there are protections, you must resort on double jumps. Double jumps are very powerful. It’s the most powerful technique to date. It gives the height needed to overcome the “unreachable” height planned. It gives the distance needed to overcome the “unreachable” distance planned. It gives the power to push through a bad collision section and get out on the other side alive. It gives sufficient power to bounce very high in the air to reach solid planes at unprecedented heights.

Double jumps were not planned, all the jumping sequences were not planned, that’s our strength, they didn’t see them coming.

I moved all my collection toward the intensive use of those techniques. Combo jumping is still a technique present in my quests, except I don’t put anymore emphasis on them. Combos are very technical and impossible to do without lag, whether it comes from the system side natively or by tweaks

So my point is to convince you that combo jumping is not the prime technique of skydiving, it’s one of them and you can almost live without it and really enjoy skydiving

You can live without combo jumping...

I put emphasis and a lot of efforts in the past months to bring my entire collection to a new stage, converting it from a combo jumping oriented collection to a jumping sequences oriented one. And I succeeded on almost all the line.

I delivered harsh battles against a lot of ages or part of ages that were “traditionally” combo mandatory and I win most of them: Eder Delin, Eder Gira, The Great Zero, etc. They all crumbled under my determination. :D

As of June 2013, only 6.6% of all my 13,000 markers demand mandatory combo jumping to reach them. Only 850 markers out of 13,000 can be reached by resorting on combo jumping solely. :shock: :shock:

As of June 11th, 2013, I have published 166 quests. Let’s analyse & do a breakdown.

Combo mandatory: 10 quests

10 quests ask for mandatory combo jumping to start them. If you don’t master the combo jumping technique, you cannot therefore play those quests unfortunately.

1) Into Fortress’ Darkness
2) The Generators
3) Paths of Darkness
4) Purple in Darkness
5) Maintainers’ Wall
6) A Touch of Yellow
7) The Dark Corners
8.) The Definitive Kahlo
9) Splendid K’veer
10) K’veer Attic

Partial need of combo: 5 quests

5 quests have some markers that cannot be grab by any other technique than the combo jumping technique

1) Relto Revisited (15 out of 84 markers)
2) The Everlasting Rain (Phil’s Relto) (9 out of 84 markers)
3) Canyon Exploration (Er’cana) (25 out of 95 markers)
4) Terminal Front (Er’cana) (10 out of 95 markers)
5) The Vaults (Kadish) (2 out of 99 markers)

Combo-free by nature or by workaround (using another quest): 151 quests

In a synthetic way it gives this:

The numbers talk by themselves.

You have the possibility now. This is what differs from the situation of 2010-2011 or even 2012. The techniques are known, they are developed, they are reliable, & they are less dependent to lag. Skydiving is not reserved for the elite who master combos. You can always use them, I’m not letting them apart, I just bring you toward a new approach a new way of thinking.

I hope now it will be clearer, the prime techniques involve the double jumps in a way or the other. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

An awesome achievement, Annabelle, and all given to us for free. Many thanks for your dedication, hard work and persistance in the face of intemperate criticism.

My question is going to seem very dumb, but where are there good locations to practice double-jumps? Because I will need practice :)

And even dumber, I assume this should be done with the skydiving client, when it becomes available?

I can understand some reactions against Skydiving, but at the same time recognise the joy to be had from learning new skills and then using them to go to places high up or difficult to reach, taking you to the edge of your abilities and just a bit beyond. For me that joy resembles the thrill I got from rock-climbing, even though it bears little other resemblence.

I keep coming back and trying to learn the techniques to achieve some of these quests, which a climber would call routes, but never getting very far. But the attraction is still there.

For that reason alone there will always be skydivers in MOUL, and bitter cries of "it's a bug, get rid of it" will have no effect on those who love it as an adventure or a challenge to be pursued. Kudos and respect to you Annabelle. You have brought joy to many people, and more to come.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:16 pm 

Here's a little update to show you how to adapt to long-range jumps when using a faster PC.

(Note: I'm using the skydiving client with my fast PC, so I'm not trying to address issues for those using the normal client, I'm trying to help with issues arising when using the skydiving client on a fast PC)

With an old PC,

[Reveal] Spoiler:
it's rather easy, you just need to follow my instructions as they are written:

You don't see the "aiming purpose high floating marker", I'm...aiming it right now :wink:

With a fast PC, here's the trick(s) to perform:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Make sure to reset the quest to actually see that marker to avoid falling off, you'll relto out at this spot.

What I'll do is: "run + held run-jump" rather than "run-jump". The faster a PC is the less far you'll jump. Running a bit before the jump and holding the jump will give you extra pixel length.

Will this be enough? For that jump, the answer is N-O... :cry: So what can you do?

I'll still stand behind the marker as you can see on the picture. I do not aim the "Aiming purpose high floating marker" as instructed (see beside my head on picture). I will aim a spot on the right instead to gain some pixel length. Jumping less far, I'll make the distance. Sure here, you must have a knowledge of the collision. I did have to do some trial & error jumps before getting it.

Is the combinaison of the 2 above-mentioned techniques enough to make the distance? Y-E-S :mrgreen:

As you can see, I landed safely on top of the collision a bit on the right (or left depending on viewing point) of the intended landing spot marker. You just need to reach it and continue your journey from there.

Remember the golden rule:

The longer the distance between 2 given markers is, the greater the difference between using an fast PC or using a slow PC will be. Thus, you must adapt more to make the distance:

jumping to a less far spot (gaining pixel length)
running & doing a held run-jump (gaining pixel length)
starting FRAPS momentarily (gaining lag = gaining pixel length)
playing in a busy age (gaining lag = gaining pixel length)
etc.

I hope this will help you down the way to safely stay inside age and avoid visiting your Relto or not make the distance. :D