It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:14 am 

A few minutes ago I was checking the Administrative Events on my Windows 7 computer and discovered this strange entry:

<<Name resolution for the name newgreeters.openuru.org timed out after none of the configures DNS servers responded>>

In fact the first line event is of the exact same nature.

Since I had not visited the OpenUru.org site I was very surprised (mildly said) to see this event on my computer. :evil:

Anybody can shed some light on this matter ???

See red frames on my image...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Someone probably has an image as a signature or something on this forum that goes to newgreeters.openuru.org, and your ISP's DNS servers decided to crap out on you. Thus, error message. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:42 am 

AdamJohnso wrote:
Someone probably has an image as a signature or something on this forum that goes to newgreeters.openuru.org, and your ISP's DNS servers decided to crap out on you. Thus, error message. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Thank you very much for the feedback AdamJohnso. As you see I am no computer expert and I had the impression that someone was trying a forced entry on my computer. :wink:

I had not checked anyone's signature.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]