It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:32 am 

Read this post for more background info: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=399476#399476

Read this post for info about skydiving techniques, feel free to ask any question on that thread so I can or other can help: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25726&highlight=

Collection Part 1: The Cavern

60 quests inside 8 series: (These quests will be available through the gentleman Magic Bot KI # 21418998)

1) Ae’gura Lakefront
2) Ae’gura Heights (Network)
3) The Greater Library
4) The Tokotah Side
5) The City’s Belt (Grand Tour)
6) Neighborhoods
7) Guilds’ Pub
8.) Inside D’ni

1) Ae’gura Lakefront – 14 quests

(I've reworked 20 or so markers inside The New Spine & The Canyon Forks to ease their first lengths & I added a brand new quest: The Forgotten Cave :) )

In this series, you’ll be able to visit a huge section of the City. You will have 4 accesses & my quests are more or less well balanced so each entrance is covered by at least 3 quests. The main areas covered are the Kadish Gallery, the Canyon, the Docks, & the Great Stairs. The level of difficulty varies a lot. Most of my quests are really for the masses going from normal to hard difficulty levels. Some of them are really hardcore ones though: The Gems, The Ferry Terminal, & foremost, The Forgotten Cave.

2) Ae’gura Heights – 9 quests – Network Series

(7 out of 9 quests have been completely remade from scratch, the 2 main routes, #1 & #5 received some touch-ups)

This series is built with a focus on the Palace & the Hall of Kings & their surroundings. There are 3 standalone quests to explore the areas from the Bridge up until the Hall of Kings, and then there is a network made of 6 quests to first reach the Palace then second to explore through the remaining quests all what’s beyond. The area is really extensive and touches at its far extend the area covered in Ae’gura Lakefront, I left no hole. The general difficulty level is more constant throughout this series. There are no easy & hardcore quests.

3) The Greater Library – 5 quests

(All the quests inside this series have been reworked entirely, they could be considered as brand new, they are greatly done now :) )

From the Bridge down to the Channel inside the stalagmite range going to the Arch, I covered everything it was possible to cover with known skydiving techniques leaving uncharted only the Library upper levels inside and outside. A vast area down near the lakeshore is now open for exploration which is not possible normally. The best panoramas are inside this series. You’ll see far since this area is mostly opened compared to let say, Ae’gura Heights, enclosed between 2 stalagmite ranges.

4) The Tokotah Side – 4 quests

(I reworked a little bit the hardcore quest: The Definitive Kahlo to ease your pain a little :wink: :lol: )

Stranded between biggest areas covered by my Ae’gura Lakefront & Ae’gura Heights series, I thoroughly mapped everything possible in this uneasy section of the City. You’ll find one of the most hardcore quest I made: The Definitive Kahlo. Entering it is hard; exiting it the intended way is even harder. Once the loop finished and back to the start, you’ll think twice before redoing it :wink: .

5) The City’s Belt – 4 quests – Grand Tour Series

(I only play them through for quality assurance purposes. Since I decided to let them as is, you'll feel a little old school flair in them compare to quests in many of my other series)

Each of the 4 quests inside this series bears the name of one of my other series of Ae’gura. The reason is quite simple: you’ll do a grand tour of Ae’gura in 4 lengths. From the end of a given length, you’ll see the beginning of the other one after, and so on. The lengths are more or less interconnected as it is not possible, unfortunately, to ride the whole city without touching the normal ground, nevertheless, it’s quite impressive.

6) Neighborhoods – 12 quests

(This series is like a brand new one, there's no single marker in the 900 or so that have not been changed)

I covered thoroughly the 2 types of neighbourhood ages we have access to in MOULa: the Hood & Kirel. I covered more or less the same features. The quests aren’t the same between neighbourhoods because the general starting point of one is different from the other hood. There are also many slight or huge differences in collision walls making these 2 ages very different even though they look, at first glance, alike just mirrored. The difficulty levels of my quests range from easy to very hard which will give everyone something to play with.

7) Guilds’ Pubs – 5 quests

(This series stayed as is, you'll feel the old school flair of it)

In this series, I built my quests to make them like a learning path. There are only slight differences between the pubs so I had to find something more. The learning path came in handy. You’ll progress in ability during the play of those quests. The first ones are very directive, the last ones are far less directive. They follow the same path (or almost). Like I said, there aren’t big differences so the collision walls are mostly built the same way.

8.) Inside D’ni – 7 quests

(I reworked all the quests in The Great Zero from scratch, all the markers there. It's now a combo-free age :) . I added a brand new quest in The Watcher's Pub splitting in 2 the original quest making it more easy to follow. I reworked all the quests in D'ni-K'veer)

In this multi-ages series, I covered 3 awesome ages that are located in the Cavern. Even if The Watcher’s Pub is half close unfortunately in MOULa, it is not a sufficient reason to dislike this nice pub. With my quests there, 2 in total, you’ll have views of everything inside this age including the part not reachable. I made 3 quests inside The Great Zero. It’s a narrow age with great climbing challenges. It has never been in the favourite ages of skydivers, I’m sure it will change since my quests are not only reliable there; I’m showing a brand new way to tackle this age without using combo jumping. The 3rd age is D’ni-K’veer which is one of the most beautiful ages built by Cyan. You’ll be amazed by all the vibrant colouring used everywhere & the Cathedral flair of it. There are 2 quests in that age, unfortunately, they come with a high price, you need combo mastering for both, there’s no alternative.

Voilà! Enjoy this Part 1: The Cavern :D :D

Last edited by Annabelle on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 pm 

HI Annabelle,

Sometimes there are so many posts and even though i search, View posts since your last visit, i have missed these over the past week. They are incredible as ever from you, love the ratings system. Sad all three posts have not had replies we will endeavour. Take care our Yeesha.

Me and my buds got library basement, i think it was called, yesterday off magicbot. It was written..erm discovered 2 years ago and we started it last night 18/6/2013 and it is a brilliant game very pure great adventure.

----------------------------------------------------

colon in Moula shard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:57 pm 

Thanks for all your hard work Annabelle, I always enjoy your games.
: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:44 pm 

Yes there might be some of my games on the bots already...I cannot really have control on that...I wished I could have more control though.

I will, in due time, make sure everything is there.

The rating system is something I was asked to do from many explorers since a long time. I think my colour rating system will make it easier for you to figure out what you will be confronted to :lol: . My posts BTW Schmood, were all posted at the same time, on the same night. I really posted them on the worst day ever...the day of the new update of the server.

I had 2 choices: back up and wait or just let it be and post my works as it was intended. I chose the 2nd option. I don't really care if 50 or 100 or 1,000 people check my posts. I prefer 25 explorers really interested and that will maybe do copy paste or print these informative posts than having 1,000 explorers looking them and says "ok...whatever...". :wink:

As Nicoleleigh wrote on another thread, she can only afford some of my quests, that's fine. I tried to spread over a wide variety of difficulties and areas and goals so almost anyone interested in skydiving can find something they like. You can also play them at your own pace. There won't be any change for now. I cannot say never except for a while I won't modify any of them.

I'm working on a new "old" project and I think it will be time for me to make it happen. Maybe many explorers will be more interested since it will be mostly me showing stuff than you doing stuff. It's based on my quest collection and on the usage of the skydivers' build so it a vicious circle for now. It's summer time, I have many other things to do on surface, I won't be able to work on that project anyway for a little while. I worked a lot already, 400-500 hours at least if not twice over the past 2 years and a half on that specific project. On my quest collection, you can triple that ... :D

EDIT: I repaired one broken link in my images, I replaced the image by a new uploaded one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 am 

I'm just glad I took the time to look at this post Annabelle!
:shock: The provided Quest "Names" in the tables to difficulty levels was a huge help for me.
Now I can avoid Quests to difficult to start out on and avoid getting discouraged at the start. :D

P. S. I have bookmarked this forum page as my official Annabelle Quest's Reference Guide.

P. S. S. Oh and I just Copy/ Pasted it all into MS Word and printed it out! Now I have a check list!

Last edited by Jahmen on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:20 am 
Obduction Backer

What a great well organized thread ! Wow Annabelle ! I would like to try your Library to Lakeshore game (Ae'Gura Lakeshore) for me please and some selection of easy to normal games of your choice (i.e. Clock Square) for Kirk and me. When you can please send them to me. The last time we spoke you told us that you are redoing some of your games, how is that going ? And I had the game called "Bridge to Balcony" it was an easy one, the easiest route to balcony actually but it is not working anymore (not loading). Are you familiar with that game or have anything similar ?
Many thanks again, from Kirk and me for your lovely games and for often helping Kirk and me manage difficult parts of (any) game :)