It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you Kaj for the time and effort you have expended on this project. Sweet...................
/leans both ways

Char

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:30 am 
Obduction Backer

I have some questions for Rand.

1. Last time, there was a question about whether or not Cyan had decided to do a Kickstarter, and Rand said they were still thinking about it, but the question was more about which project to do: Myst-related or something brand new. Has Cyan decided yet, and might we hope for a Kickstarter this year?

1b. If Cyan hasn't decided, would they consider putting the question of which project to a fan vote? (There was a thread for this awhile back, and the results were in favor of Myst, but not overwhelmingly, so… It could be interesting.)

2. Does Cyan have anything cool planned for the 20th anniversary of Myst in September?

3. Whatever happened to releasing the updated realMyst for Mac/PC? I would love to go to Myst on my 27" monitor!

4. How did you make the linking sound effect? I've always wondered, and I've even tried to replicate it myself, but with no really good results.

5. Re-release of Cosmic Osmo for Mac/iOS, please? It was literally my first computer game and it holds a very special place in my heart. Insta-buy as far as I'm concerned, if it's on a platform I have.

Last edited by Malfhok on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Malfhok wrote:
3. Whatever happened to realMyst for Mac/PC? I would love to go to Myst on my 27" monitor!

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/real_myst

If you're really asking about the new realMyst Cyan made for byeOS (byePad, byePhone, and other crapple products), you may want to clarify that ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
Malfhok wrote:
3. Whatever happened to realMyst for Mac/PC? I would love to go to Myst on my 27" monitor!

If you're really asking about the new realMyst Cyan made for byeOS (byePad, byePhone, and other crapple products), you may want to clarify that ;)

Will do. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:22 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
Malfhok wrote:

I'm glad to see the effort to educate the public about Hoikasese is still going strong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

1.I would like to make a complement. The Myst series has been ahead of its time. For example Myst push the boundaries on realistic adventures and Uru was one the few games in the early 2000 to have online access community. Can explain why Cyan products seem to have this effect?
2.Do you have plans to complete The Book of Marrim in the future?
3.is there any chance that you guys would be apart of more events on MOUla (Myst Online Uru Live Again)?
4.After 20 years since the creation of Myst how do you feel how's Become and the expectations of your fans?
5.Will you be joining Mysterium 2013?
6.Can you tell us the progress on the Myst movie that is being produced?

Last edited by zeke3651 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:28 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Number six is entirely up to the community.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:39 am 

Well it depends on what is meant by "MOULa" in that case, if Zeke means the Cyan shard, this is something ony Cyan can answer but if he mans "MOULa" in general then it is for the most part a question for the community.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:12 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm sure I'll think of more questions but here are some.

In keeping with the musical theme of d'nipalooza...
Who came up with our "/dance"moves and did they have dance offs in the office to pick which ones to use?

Has he gotten his guitars off the wall to play lately?

Some questions I have that I haven't found answers to (though that may be because they don't WANT to answer)

Were the DRC histories about the kings created before/after/during the "physical" creation of Ae'gura and the other ages and how much did they worry about integrating the two?

Religious conflict and wars with outsiders feature regularly in the written history. Were they originally thinking of making an Age that would explore the fallout of one of those conflicts?

Perhaps to appeal to Rand's mischievous side could he put the cat among the canaries and tell us if the Great Temple of Yahvoh (or any temple really) is somewhere in the Ae'gura so we can argue about which building it is? (assuming he won't just tell us specifically their original intentions for any of the buildings)

I may have seen this question asked before but I don't recall where or what the answer was.
Were they at all surprised by the strong and persistent negative reactions to Yeesha among some explorers?

He always says he disliked acting the part of Atrus and yet he never pushed the role off on a professional. Either he thought it would have a strong negative affect on sales or he didn't dislike it as much as he implies. Which is it now?

How long ago did the curator at the Smithsonian contact him and what did they tell him?

How did they miss the Bink video thing?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:49 am 
Creative Kingdoms

ventris wrote:
How did they miss the Bink video thing?

Ugh. He might say he didn't have his portable electron microscope handy to find it. Then maybe it would look like a mole hill big enough to see. I hope it's needless to say it might have been a bad business move by RAD Game Tools.

For more about the Bink issue, see Mac's OU blog post:
http://blogs.openuru.org/blog/2013/06/1 ... fying-cwe/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:44 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Jamie Marchant wrote:
Well it depends on what is meant by "MOULa" in that case, if Zeke means the Cyan shard, ...

In my vocabulary "MOULa" (or MOULagain) expressly means Cyan's shard. It's the name Cyan gave to the current incarnation of Uru Live on servers they administer and existed prior to Open Source becoming a reality. MOUL or Uru I consider to be more general terms, the first encompassing shards based on the CWE Open Source and the latter including previous generations and the offline Uru:CC.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:17 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I see the same either way:

MOULa depends upon community support to operate.

Software and content for MOULa and the shards depend upon community support.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:33 pm 

Shorah Love!

Cyan has contacted me again. Since we all use Christine's server for events I thought it would be easier to use her's and the DMR. I have asked Cyan to contact Christine to work out a schedule.

I have worked with Christine in the past for working and scheduling events for CAVCON. While I work in SL with the Refugee's to raise money. Everyone is aware of this.

Rand is looking for your questions under this thread so please post them here.

Christine will post a date and time for the interview and work out the schedule. I will post SL events under my thread so if you choose to party with us in SL or in Kirel- Uru you are welcome to.

Please remember this event is to bring awareness and promote healing within our community!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:13 am 

My question would be :
Has Cyan ever considered opening the city Ae'gura to fan created add-in content??
My meaning here is that there are many empty places in the city, and cavern places, that could be filled or need to be filled. My short list Concert Hall,Library,Museum, different districts and buildings. To clarify content I am thinking structure and decor only, no puzzles, no interactivity, just areas to explore ( the Kahlo city pub example).
If yes can it be done currently? If no any specific reason why it can't be done??

KI 00142411

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:33 am 
Obduction Backer

DaVinci wrote:
If no any specific reason why it can't be done??

I'm not Rand, but I can answer this one.

Ae'gura, as it is today, is an "impossible area." The scaling of the island is all wrong. A few examples: the Great Zero can't fit on top of the island. Kadish Gallery takes up 80% of the storefronts in the canyon. The Concert Hall is butted up against a wall and nothing can fit in the space. The palace is about the size of a parking spot. In other words, it's basically impossible to add anything that isn't already there.

Fun fact: according to BoT, Ae'gura is 350 spans tall, but Ae'gura in MOUL is only 93 spans tall. A span is about 13 feet, so Ae'gura should be approximately 4,550 feet but is only 1,209 feet in game. That's 1.386km vs 0.3685km for those of you who are metrically inclined. In other words, Ae'gura is 73.4% too short.

People tell me that only the Ferry Terminal was open during Prologue. The city has not changed very much since UU, so it's reasonable to say that the island was still in production during Prologue and was never actually "finished." The prevailing attitude in MOUL was to release band-aids and rushed content to entice subscriptions for the immediate content fix, so time really couldn't be spent on fixing the massive scaling problems in the city. I assume that it would have taken some time to fix the city, given that it's existed since 2000 and hadn't already been done. Also telling are the signs that Cyan seemingly planned to lock us out of the island at the end of GameTap Season 1, what with the bahro going nuts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next