It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:45 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: URU Complete Chronicles
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:58 am 
Obduction Backer

Whenever I play any URU rendition (Live, shard, CC stand-alone) and then try to start URU CC solo it tells me that URU is already running...I've checked using task manager and nothing (URU-wise) is running..the other instances start just fine...URU CC will not allow me to start until I restart the computer...not a big issue, just weird.. Of course, I just found this issue because I can't get to Moul(a) right now..Haven't tried it in years..is this a known bug or something else? Windows XP SP3 AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.61Ghz 3.12 GB Ram NVIDIA GeForce GT640 [Running Dual Partition - Windows 8 on the other partition and have not tried any Cyan games on it (8) yet]

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:20 pm 

Are you trying URU in XP or Windows 8?

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

[Running Dual Partition - Windows 8 on the other partition and have not tried any Cyan games on it (8) yet ]

All my URU / Myst Games are running on the XP partition

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:21 am 
Obduction Backer

I would try re-installing you UruCC. I know that's a pain, but something may have gotten corrupted somewhere.

Make sure that it installs it in a unique folder. I remember when UruLive was first available it was very possible to install the live version over the offline version, which messed everything up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:58 am 
Obduction Backer

magic88889 wrote:
Make sure that it installs it in a unique folder. I remember when UruLive was first available it was very possible to install the live version over the offline version, which messed everything up.

ty magic..I'm not going to uninstall my URU CC...as I have 3 complete games in there...I'll just restart the computer each time I wish to play..It's easier, and I don't lose anything..Thank you again for your suggestion...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:15 pm 

Hmm... I'll have to check this out when I get home but they should be a "save" folder or something that you can copy out then reinstall the game. Make sure it works then reinsert the save games.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:01 am 

I have URU + PoTS which may not be packaged the same a "Complete Chronicles" and there is indeed a folder called 'Sav'. Now I think last time I moved an URU save game I had to let URU make a sub-folder of the 'Sav' folder and then move all the data from current into said folder. I can't rember waither the avies had to have the same names or not.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:27 pm 

You might also want to check your AppData folder, maybe that's where the player list is located.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ok..here's the update....I saved the sav folder and could not find a AppData folder ( looked in every folder that was there ) Took the plunge and un-installed URU CC... Re-installed to a different directory that would not interfere with Moul in anyway. I called the installation folder URU CC Clean. All went well. I have a clean install of URU CC, all worked as expected, but I have not fired up another instance of Uru.exe yet. I did direct the shortcut to C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Myst Uru Complete Chronicles\Uru.exe". ...and have not tried copying the sav folder back..will try later tonight. Thanx for your help, peeps.. SWEET ! Update forthcoming :-))

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Update...re-placed the saved sav folder in the proper place..'No disk in drive'.. Never had to have one in there before?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Newer Update.... called my uncle, and he told me that he downloaded and installed the Gog.com version of URU CC on my computer back in Jan 2011..so this may or may not be the issue.... Will keep you updated...sorry...that, I did not know... that explains the no disk message anyway...lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Newest Update....un-installed all recollections of URU CC..kept the sav file separate... re-instalalled from Gog.com URU CC...all good first run...did not try to play at all, but no disk errror...was able to start..copied the sav file to the directory...No go..same problem as before...will try a re-start.......Re-start successful... all avvies are there, however I'm still having to re-start the puter each time after the initial click-on (in other words, I can play the game just fine once, but once I quit and try to re-start I get the same URU running message...I can go to URU Live and all other live shards and get connected no problem)..Maybe I Myst something?..lol Will continue to test

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Well that sucks. It really bites that it still doesn't work after all that. I know it's not much consolation, but at least you now know it isn't an issue with URU (unless there's a problem with the gog,com version).

Did you still have the problem before you reloaded you save files?

If you did, that would indicate a deeper problem. Either a conflicting program, or an issue with windows. If that's the case then there's really not much I can do to help you.

If you didn't have the problem until you transferred your save files back, then it would indicate an issue with the save files themselves. Again, not much I can help you with there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:40 pm 

Oh, regarding that AppData thing... press Windows key & R (opens the Run dialog) and type %APPDATA%. That will open a folder located somewhere in your user directory, where many applications store their settings in.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Newer yet update..un-installed all URU CC versions and just tried to re-install the gog version WITHOUT the sav folder being replaced
Magic8889 wrote:
but at least you now know it isn't an issue with URU (unless there's a problem with the gog,com version).

Gog version does have that issue I have...'Id est' I can play the game once ( and this happens without the sav folder added, so it would be a moot point to try it ) but then have to re-start the 'puter to play again...

Un-installed again and installed the original CD-version ...all is good (meaning I can play multiple times) using the disc in the drive, but I have yet to try the sav folder...will tell you on the next update...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next