It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Maybe it's a Cyan intern initiation; if you can survive moderating the forums with your sanity intact, then you get to keep your job. :wink:

Moving away from volunteer moderators ends a tradition that goes way back, long before my arrival. In my six years here, I've encountered some wonderful moderators who helped me out in various ways: ireenquench, whitch2, and of course, Mac_Fife. And, I've tangled with a few over certain issues: Ian Atrus, msvz/Amarez, veralun, and Mac_Fife. :wink: What I've learned over the years is that they're all human beings, doing a tough job for no pay and often, no respect.

Amarez, I got to know better and see in a different way when we met up in another world after the exodus of 2008 and we even became somewhat friends. :)

veralun, you eventually earned my respect and my admiration for sticking it out in the face of much adversity. I know it was never easy for you and was often very difficult, so your time and efforts are all the more appreciated by me. Thank you for your years of service here. 8)

I think Mac_Fife should win the award for most diplomatic MOUL moderator of all time. He seems to have been respected by all on every side of each issue. But, he also spoiled a lot of you (yeah, and me, too) and I think that wore him out. Even in his "semi-retirement," he kept working hard here. Thank you, Mac, for making this forum a much nicer place to visit. 8)

Thank you to all the moderators who have served and assisted us here over the years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr, I'd endorse and sign everything you've said here ... A big Kudos and thanks for an awesome and impressive job to all you Mods back in the days and 'til recently or even further on without appointment ... :P

I'd like to add dadguy and many if not most of the old 'Guild of Greeters' here and so many more who've done an amazing 'job' even without being appointed for the moderation on these forums like esp. Marten and others of the Great Tree and also you, Tai'lahr, and D'Lanor, Thend, Tweek and sooo many more, that's why I don't complete the list right now because I can't, and I don't want to forget anyone ... :)

They all, however did an incredible job in 'moderation' and oftentimes also mediation and just helping out wherever there was/is a helping hand/hint/clue and/or word of solace or encouragement needed ...

Yeah!!! Hooray!!! and a standing ovation and many thanks to all of you great personalities, past and present, who've made this journey even more magical and phantastic and contributed mightily to its still being alive, explorable and even expandable ... :D