It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:00 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Can anyone show me where this has been brought up before? I found an earlier thread about prologue and beta, but that period was all just forum posts for me. My adventure began in November 2003 when I got that box in the mail together with the Myst 10th anniversary set that I could not use because I had no DVD drive. And I discovered I could open my computer and add things (a video card) without breaking it, since the one in my computer could not handle Uru. As important as the 20th anniversary of Myst is, the 10th anniversary of Uru should be just as important in a forum devoted to it in its many forms.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, indeed. I believe its on November 11th.

Founder of MYSTAges
Self-declared Bahro Historian
Member of Mystitech Productions

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:34 am 
Obduction Backer

I still have my receipt. It says that I ordered it on the 12th. I do remember eagerly anticipating it all year.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:44 am 
Obduction Backer

I too started with the offline ABM version. I went though Yeesha's journey, to it's end (of it's beginning depending of how you look at it). But the real adventure started with an email letting me into the Prologue (that super awesome "Clerical Error" that let so many of us in). I still remember logging onto Uru for the first time and seeing the City. What an amazing experience.

Of course, back then, the City was full of ghosts (or am I still not allowed to talk about that?)

It was all such a tragedy when it was shut down. I will forever hate a particular game company that I refuse to name for that.

In any case, lots of fond memories and friends made. Too bad so many of them aren't active on the forums anymore. For a while it was such a huge part of my life.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

I tried to register for Uru Live, but you had to indicate your internet speed. I was tempted to fib and say that I had broadband, but I told the truth and was denied. I'm pretty sure that that attempt also registered me with Ubisoft. If that is so, it was the day before the "clerical error" and I would have gotten in if I had lied.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]