It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:45 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dead End Thrills
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:36 am 

Dead End Thrills is a gamer's photo site. If you want to see what people are seeing in other games, check it out. They have a Flickr group.

A more complete explanation of the site is here: http://deadendthrills.com/about/ They explain that the site is set to provide the highest quality images to desktops. They explain how to share images on Dead End Thrills via Flickr.

Rage (2011) by RMA2kay4, on Flickr

Some of the images are gory. Be warned. The TV show Walking Dead is worse... actually much of TV is worse. Hopefully that gives you sense of what they allow. But, such images are very very much in the minority and depending on what is new, new gets priority display, it may not be a problem.

Some of the images from EVE Online and Dead Space are... amazing... is an understatement. There are even images of Minecraft I found surprising.

They discourage use of Photoshop. It seems they are about using the game's render options. In the discussion sections of Flickr members describe how they made some of the images.

It may be fun to put Obduction images here, some day.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject: Re: Dead End Thrills
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:18 am 
Obduction Backer

He uses a lot of mods and graphics tweaks to get the best screenshot available. So the images you see on the site are not indicative of what the game actually looks like.

I've been following DET for a while now after I saw some of his Skyrim stuff, he explained on a few of the pictures what mods he used and console commands to place weather effects and NPC's etc.

Lovely images though. I'd like to see him tackle Uru.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]