It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Best game in the serries
Myst or Myst Masterpiece Edition 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
RealMyst or RealMyst Masterpiece Edition 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Riven 66%  66%  [ 27 ]
Myst III:Exil 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Myst IV: Revelsations 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Myst V: End Of Ages 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 41
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:18 pm 

Riven really hooked me! Made me want more. I was challenged, hungry for more to come. So, I say Riven was the best.
I still reload and play from Riven forward.

Lyneesa KI#107095 aka Lyyne 106746 aka Taadpole 106952

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:47 pm 

I have to say Myst....the original game. It hooked me into the series and made me look for more. I loved it from the first few mins of play....and have loved Myst..anything since 1998.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:55 pm 

My favorite MYST Adventure is MYST Revelations. Many improvemens like a camera and writing journal in-game, make it more easy to explore new ages. Little bit more talking and sometimes interact with the actors. Most impressive age for me is Spire. A dark, stormy place, made up of large crystal spires (some are white, blue or green). Never saw such an age in any MYST game before. Or let me mention Serenia. What a beautiful, peaceful place, completly different from Spire or Haven.

I like MYST: End of Ages too, but i think improved graphics and sound makes no winner. The riddles aren't really difficult. Sometimes i thought CYAN want to come to an end, because they lost their passion to make the ages more appealing.

If you wanna see some pictures about MYST: End of Ages, have a look at my private gallery, including three endings:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

I always go back and forth between Riven and Exile.

Both were beautiful games. The art direction for both is simply stunning.

I found Riven just a bit too hard. Exile, at least to me had the more appropriate difficulty level for me.

However, Riven's puzzle design was often much better. The way everything was made as part of the world. Exile didn't do that for the most part. But they did make them a logical part of the story.

And that's where we get to the next part. I think Exile had the better story. Oh, don't get me wrong, Riven's storyline was excellent, but for what ever reason, Exile resonated better with me. I always enjoyed stories that revolved around the two brothers and the consequences of their actions.

Acting: Both are about even. Ghen is simply amazing, but so is Savvedro.

Now the final category: fun. When I think about playing these games again, I think most fondly of Exile. It's not the first one I ever played, that was Riven, but it is the one I had the most FUN playing. I guess you could say that it suits me better. It's not that it's neccessarily a better game, I just enjoyed it more.

It's like when choosing your favorite incarnation of the Doctor. It's not about who is the best actor, or said the best lines, or even had the best companions. It's about which one suits you personally.

In this case, Exile is my fave.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Magic88889 wrote:
Ghen is simply amazing, but so is Savvedro.

Saavedro wrote:
NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!

tumblr: kaththedragon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2