It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:22 am 
Obduction Backer

So those of you who follow me on Tumblr may have seen some (or most) of these already. But I wanted to share some of the stuff I've been working on in my spare time. I've been working on a bunch of concept pieces for various Ages and objects as well as stuff for a spin off project called Vaal'lin. In the last few weeks I've started building stuff in Blender again and will hopefully have some new Ages (and updates to older Ages) to release in the near future.

[edit] had to put some of the larger images in spoiler tags

Eder Tehren/Tefoonet'ahn;

Rough build an texturing in Blender then screencapped and painted on top of in Photoshop (progress can be viewed here if you're interested: ).

Tehren Neighbourhood;

Oldish WIP image from Blender. A fair amount has changed since I took that image. Working on a new hood layout with through backs to some old DIRT content and elements of the original hoods. Hood is at lake level with a small dock. I would like to have some small boats there in the future that players can hop on and sail to Ae'gura or something.

Maho Age;

Plan for Maho is to be a bit of a hub Age. Players use the "Lore Stones" to Link to a new Age. There they progress through learning the story that is to be told before Linking back to a new area of Maho which in turn leads to the next Age in the journey. Progression will hopefully let players learn the planned storyline and finding clues they need to gain access to the next Age.

Fahets Age;

Original basin area to Fahets has had some model and texture updates and a fissure in the cliff face that allows players to a new area of the Age. Currently Fahets is about 5 times bigger than it originally was.

Mangrove area design for the area of Fahets outside of the basin area.

Norapod ideas.

Window designs for the Fahets hut, showing old and new Fahets.

Vaal'lin;

Vaal'lin project is kind of a spin off. I had wondered what it would be like is a less scholarly race has access to The Art, perhaps a race of knights/warriors. How would they use the Art in warfare? How would it effect the economy if they don't need to rely on trade with other nations? From there it became a world building exercise. So far I have managed to set down a substantial amount of lore for the world. Vaal'lin have no links or relation to the D'ni, the only thing they share is they both use The Art.

Vaal'lin Public Link Service terminal;

The Public Link Service is like a bus service for the Vaal'lin city. Terminals operate on a time schedule offering Links to certain areas/ages as certain times to allow for workers to Link to other Ages and areas of the city to get to work.

God Seeds;

Remnants from when the Miaan (The Four Gods) walked across Ashel. The God Seeds are scattered all over the planet but none know what they are for. They stand either forgotten or as shrines to the Miaan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Wohba! Not only is it all so beautiful, but also imaginative. I was blown away by the idea of the Vaal'lin Public Link Service terminal. And, I really like the idea of having a tree in the neighborhood. Plus, I'm intrigued by the story ideas and puzzles. Thanks for continuing to share your wonderful works with us, Tweek. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

You're back! You're *back*!! Heya Tweek!

So thrilled to see you are ready to share your beautiful new works! :D :D

[[P.S. I'm eager to open up that museum area whenever you give the word...]]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Our genius is back with some more awesomeness!!! ... :P

This will knock the socks off many of us, I suppose, I am one of them ... 8)

Your passion, creativity and sense of sharing seem to be overflowing, and we're even provided with a really great painting session by the master himself, accompanied by music to increase the fun ... If your visions would (could) be part of Uru's future then we'd have a magnificent one ahead of us, that's for sure ... Thank you for this impressive presentation of your extraordinary artworks, Tweek ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Awesome!
I’ve always wondered if Writers necessarily had to use books and ink, or if some other medium could be used (as with the Vaal’in linking scroll).

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the .

MacOS , , , .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:20 am 
Obduction Backer

It's been a long time since I was pumped about the potential of this game to grow. THIS rekindled the fire. Thanks, Tweek! Wonderful stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:15 am 

That's wonderful stuff Tweek :shock:

I'm really impressed by the quality of your artworks (being these new ones or all the previous ones you kindly shared with us in the past).

I know there can be a huge gap between Conceptual Art (what you are showcasing) and reality...
...but I'm glad you are working back with Blender to maybe release some new URU age(s) or extending some of your old stuff.

Extending Fahets, your most asthonishing age (IMO) would be really an extraordinary gift to the community, or if you intend to work back on your museum AKA Cass like Ainia says, or any other age would also do the job as we say :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:16 am 
Obduction Backer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:35 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:13 pm 

Astounding work, Tweek!

Your concept art is beautiful, and makes me want to explore all of those places.

I'm definitely looking forward to wandering around in the new areas of Fahets, and I appreciate all the time and creativity you have poured into these ages!

Your texture work - as others have said - it's impressive and nicely detailed.