It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

As announced at the last AGM, I have started a brand new (Rawa-approved!) project at the Guild of Linguists. The principle - to open-source the D'ni language.

In a few more words, you, the community, can now come and submit words to be considered for inclusion in D'ni. There will be a heavy vetting process, culminating in the words going to Rawa himself, but once a word has passed by him (and to some extent, even before) that word is officially part of the D'ni lexicon. Full attribution will be made, so no need to worry there.

Remarkably, barely a few days after getting everything in place, Rhee divulged a pair of words confirmed by Rawa, making the first entry in the list of confirmed words.

Now, how does one get involved? For the time being, the entire process will be conducted via the site forums. I'm working on setting up an internal system for posting entries without needing an account, but alternative methods - PMing me, or another Guild member with words or a location where they can be found - are just as good.

I'm hoping to get one new submission per week at the very least. One per day would be amazing! I know first-hand what this community can do if it sets its mind to it - the Sevkor project springs to mind, as well as the various CavCon parties which have brought Moula out of dire straits - all thanks to Open Source. It is my hope and dream that the same can be said of the D'ni language. On the whole, very few words have been added, all of them from Rawa (save, of course, the two from Rhee).

Now, a message to my Linguists - stop slacking! We've already got a Guild just for that, and these words are not going to vet themselves.

And finally, the Guild welcomes anyone and everyone to the site, http://www.guildoflinguists.com, especially prospective new members. If you have an interest in the D'ni language, or are simply curious to know more, we are the forefront of studies into this ancient language, and would love to have you.

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Interesting! I'm glad that RW/Cyan are supporting this sort of thing.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Glad to see this is up and running again.

Now if we could just get Rawa to put D'niGuild back up and start releasing some of that sweet D'ni lore that would be great >.>

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rawa warned me during our talks that his average response time is measured in decades.

Tweek wrote:
Glad to see this is up and running again.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really mean much unless people use it.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:40 am 

So glad to see a D'ni language forum working again, please feel free to reference anything you find here (but please give credit where it's due!) in the links. Sadly the DLF forums fried when the server got hacked but we did save a large part of it, including the D'ni Lessons.

http://linguists.bahro.com/dniling.html

http://linguists.bahro.com/domahreh/lessons/

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing more activity! :)

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Jerle! I actually taught myself D'ni using those lessons, and I've got the links bookmarked. Glad to hear that they're back on the web.

As an aside, I have managed to recover a large number of threads from the forum via the Wayback Machine. It's not much, but it's something.