It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:55 am 

WIP Screenshot from the new iteration of my Age: Fens.

Post subject: Re: Fens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:16 am 

Oh man--I remember playing an older version of this Age, offline. It was fantastic. All your stuff is great, Whilyam! I hope to see it in the main game some day soon!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:48 pm 

Interestingly, I learned about the subsurf tool just after this and am now considering reworking the rework to have better models. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 pm 

A swampy place like this is not one I'd like to visite but you seem to capture that pefectly. Great work :)

[EDIT: Fixed a spelling mistake where I had used the wrong word]

I forgot to return to the thread.

Last edited by Jamie Marchant on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:00 pm 

I would not want you to destroy the legal validity of Fens anyhow. :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:45 pm 

It's seems I selected the wrong word in spell check :lol:. I meant visit so I fixed my post to use that word.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:10 pm 

No problem. I didn't even know that was a word until I looked it up. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Whil, you have to read Jamie's posts with a French Canadian accent, then they make perfect cents sense. ;)

I like the screenshot; Fens looks like an interesting place to visit. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Like Carl, knowing the former version of Fens, this looks very much revamped, Whilyam, very beautiful, a fantasy world where you expect nature spirits and/or (magical, friendly) dragons around every corner ... :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

What was the June 9 update of Fens for? (on DI UAM) I had not noticed anything new. Though, it had been a long time since I had been there.

Things like the animated birds and the various plants make impressive details. But, if I have any criticism for how Fens looks, it's the sun. There is no way you should be able to see the sun at all in a place with fog that thick.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:44 pm 

The June 9th update was housekeeping, Ehren. I formerly put my files up on an fTP on the Maintainers site. But, since the Maintainers have apparently died out, that FTP is dead as well. So I moved hosting to Mediafire and had the files updated. No changes.

However, per your criticism, you'll be happy to know that the sun was removed as part of this rennovation. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:13 am 

I think something changed in the June 9th version... the elephants are gone because the trumpets sounds have been replaced by something more menacing... I wouldn't like to come across the new beast.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:49 am 

Annabelle wrote:
I think something changed in the June 9th version... the elephants are gone because the trumpets sounds have been replaced by something more menacing... I wouldn't like to come across the new beast.

You might be right. I just checked the version I have from June 14th and it has the additional sounds. The "trumpets" should still be there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:05 pm 

So, I just watched the video linked to in this thread and saw Fens in that trailer. However, Fens was not mentioned by either Chloe or you in that thread as being part of the Intangibles' "launch" content. So now I'm curious--how long will it be before Fens is available in a MOULA online shard? By "MOULA online shard", I mean either the main one or one of the other sanctioned fan shards like Gehn or the shard I assume the Intangibles will be making public? (In other words, I'm not referring to...stuff I can't refer to here anyway. I'm talking about the MOUL engine and everything)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Carl U Palmner wrote:
So, I just watched the video linked to in this thread and saw Fens in that trailer. However, Fens was not mentioned by either Chloe or you in that thread as being part of the Intangibles' "launch" content. So now I'm curious--how long will it be before Fens is available in a MOULA online shard? By "MOULA online shard", I mean either the main one or one of the other sanctioned fan shards like Gehn or the shard I assume the Intangibles will be making public? (In other words, I'm not referring to...stuff I can't refer to here anyway. I'm talking about the MOUL engine and everything)

Chloe just mentioned some 'known' ones from the DRC Age Restoration list, 'and many others' she said, so, I suppose it'll be included and maybe be explorable beforehand on the Gehn/TOC/Minkata shard or so for testings and then for Chogon/Cyan to pick up ... :P

This is just my assumption of course, the reason why I'm saying sth to this in the first place is, because I think you might be as stunned and amazed by its beauty and appeal as I was when watching the trailer, and I was watching this part again and again, it is esp. nicely blended into the age collection, just wow ... I didn't want to say that on the other thread to not go too much off topic ... Great job again on this one, Whilyam ... :D