It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:24 pm 

I must congratulate all who have stuck with the game this long, but will there ever be an end to your patience? :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

The "main game" is legacy. Fan ages are present on shards that are making forward progress.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:25 pm 

@Hoikas: Nice wording...worked on the IC explination of moving the GoMe pub the other night. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah stanhin,

If you wish to visit pretty much *all* the fan Ages, then head over to the Deep Island Shard or the UruCC version of The Open Cave. The MOUL version of The Open Cave and Gehn both have *some* of the fan Ages. I haven't visited the other shards myself so can't say with authority what might be available on them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:18 am 

Ainia wrote:
Shorah stanhin,

If you wish to visit pretty much *all* the fan Ages, then head over to the Deep Island Shard or the UruCC version of The Open Cave. The MOUL version of The Open Cave and Gehn both have *some* of the fan Ages. I haven't visited the other shards myself so can't say with authority what might be available on them.

I've been hesitating trying out a shard, maybe because I didn't understand what was involved. But the idea of visiting a fan created age sounds so, so exciting to me! I'll have to get going and try it out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:55 am 

It might be an idea to keep discussion in this thread centered around there being no user fan created ages / content on Cyan's MOULa shard ... and not about what is / isn't on other shards.

Just saying
Alien

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:50 am 
Obduction Backer

And speaking of Fan Content on MOULa...

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:22 am 
Obduction Backer

korovev wrote:
And speaking of Fan Content on MOULa...

+1

stanhin wrote:
I must congratulate all who have stuck with the game this long, but will there ever be an end to your patience? :)

There is an active movement and team working on getting Fan Content into MOUL. However our resources (time) are limited. This is after all a hobby not a full time job, so it will take time. We'd like to have some fan content in the game by the end of the year but first we need to develop a "pipeline" to Cyan. That is an age where Cyan can put the links to fan ages, be it a Nexus or Library age. That is what is currently being worked on. Right now the Nexus age(s) seems to be the farthest in development, as work on the library age(s) has seemed to have stalled.

So no, patience is not running out. If anything its expanded, at least for me, since Cyan has shown both a willingness and eagerness to work with us to get fan content onto their shard.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:22 pm 

You can always work on making a user created age while you wait.

Using the system the GoW set up its the best video game ever
Create, export, convert, explore.
The possibilities are endless and are limited only to your imagination and ingenuity.
That's assuming you wanna learn Age writing and make a few ages your self instead of waiting
for someone else too.

Im an old dog and im still learning new tricks with this stuff what have you got to loose.
The challenge is still their, instead of solving an existing puzzle, your creating one, or reproducing a dream, or someplace you always wanted to visit. The Plasma engine does have its limits and the fun part is finding a way around those limits with out breaking something. Max 7 is not the easiest program to find but there are a few copies out their if you look hard enough, or you can always go the Blender route which is the program the GoW specialize in.

Who knows you might discover you have a talent for it and didn't even realize it, but you'll never know unless you try

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]