It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

Dang! Just as I was basking in the glory.... Sorry. Bad news.

Short answer:
All the avatars are lost. The account data was there. So, everyone's account that was made before July 16, 2014 is there - you just don't have any avatars.
If you created an account after July 16, 2014, you will need to create your account again. If you are not sure, just try recreating it again.

Detailed answer:
For whatever reason, the VaultNodes was getting an error on the export dump for the VaultNodes table - which might have been happening unknowingly for a long time. However, all the other table data was there. I truncated all of them except for the Accounts table and the pellet scores (not sure about this one yet? the scores might not be valid, we'll have to test that). Also, I reset the VaultNodeID sequence so the KI numbers will restart (Heh, I have a KI of 124)

Plan:
We need to set states back up (like the City) and test to make sure that there isn't something else missing.
I will open up account creation so people can see if they need to create an account or not.
Then we will have a planned date and time when we re-open, maybe later in the week, as there will be a mad dash to procure avatar names. Special names for like "Guild of Greeter", etc. please PM me.

Thanks,
Chogon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:43 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Tai'lahr wrote:
...there will be no record of anything that happened on MOULa after July 16th...

It will be interesting to hear what Dr. Watson has to say about pellet contributions for the last few months and the effect on the lake.

Time travel?

Accounts, avatars and pellets, oh my.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Ouch. You say the avatars are lost, but you really mean that everything is lost, right? And, we're starting completely from scratch, right? I can't imagine any reason to salvage anything like neighborhoods if we won't have the avatars to access them.

Last edited by Tai'lahr on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

Tai'lahr wrote:
Ouch. You say the avatars are lost, but you really mean that everything is lost, right? And, we're starting completely from scratch, right? I can't imagine any reason to salvage anything like neighborhoods if we won't have the avatars to access them.

Right. My "short answer" was trying to be as less technical as I could. But essentially all the vault data was lost, which would also include the age descriptions and the links to get to them. The StateObjects were there but without a way to get to the age it didn't make any sense to keep them.

So, yes. We are starting from scratch except for the account and possibly the pellet scores.

Thanks,
Chogon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Chogon, you can continue to bask in the glory. This is the longest Uru has ever been online. More than four years, now. We're still here and that's something to brag about. It won't be the first time or even the second time we've had to start over. That there are still explorers who want to be in the cavern is worth celebrating.

janaba1 wrote:
there's actually nothing really lost, if you are willing to see it like this ... Moula will be back and maybe even more secure, easier to maintain and less expensive etc. ... 8) ... Most of us have done the journey hundreds of times already ...

janaba1 wrote:
I feel reminded of a beautiful saying: 'Sometimes when things seem to be falling apart, they may actually be falling into place' ... Yeah! Way to go! Chogon and all at Cyan ... :D

Ditto what Janaba said. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Well, we're still grateful for all the hard work you (and, of course, Cyan) have done for us. Besides, I've needed an excuse to purge some avatars I haven't used - I don't even know if some of the Hoods I belonged to are still active! (Now, I can find out!)

Thanks again, Chogon! (If the Lake Lighting has been affected by going retro, well... we'll just say the bahro did something naughty....)

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Awww ... yes, that really requires an explanation in layman's terms, dearest Chogon ... does that equal a vault wipe and all progress is lost? So, our positive suggestions and cheerful encouragements from before apply to all of us now lol? ... Oh, I just see, the answer is yes, ok ... :P

However, maybe we all knew intuitively and have now the needed positive approach to get this through in a joyful manner ... Yeah, this wouldn't be the first time and maybe not the last, who knows, but this community will certainly make it again gracefully and victoriously ... and I absolutely agree with Tai'lahr, Chogon, please continue to bask in the glory, which you completely deserve ... :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:48 pm 

Thanks for all your hard work Chogon!

I have been wanting to delete one of my avvies to replay the game for some time now... just not like this!

Obduction backer, on a different email address.

"Far-off lands, quests of old... To seek is to be rich..." - A Lifetime of Adventure, Tuomas Holopainen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

:D for the cavern returning but... :cry:

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 9392
Alts : EG Jan (gone) / Sleeper Jan KI (coming soon)

Last edited by janeerah on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh *noes*!!

I must explore? I must meet friends and solve puzzles?? The horror, the horror... :lol: :P :lol:

Post scriptum to Chogon: dibs on my avvie name Ainia :) Now I'm gonna hafta redo my signature! :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:03 am 
Obduction Backer

So, if I understand correctly, our progress is lost but we still have our KI numbers?

I can live with that. 8) I'd hate to lose my low number. :wink:

:)

Last edited by Kerryth on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:04 am 
Obduction Backer

This post sounds so ironic, now :P

Get in line for the doors runs :lol:

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Get tweets from the GoMe.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Kerryth wrote:
So, if I understand correctly, our progress is lost but we still have our KI numbers?

I can live with that. 8) I'd hate to lose my low number. :wink:

Shorah Kerryth,

My take on Chogon's earlier post is that the KI numbers are lost too:

Chogon wrote:
Also, I reset the VaultNodeID sequence so the KI numbers will restart (Heh, I have a KI of 124)

I think his reference to accounts is regarding the email and password that allows us to log into MOULa.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:11 am 
Obduction Backer

***Out of cheese error***

redo from start

:D

Good point about KI numbers - will they be retained? If we have to recreate avatars, I suspect not...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:25 am 

Does this mean we've also lost KI images and notes?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next