It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:04 pm 

FINAL SOLUTION POSTED THREAD/ FORUM/ TECHNICAL
CLICK HERE: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=27523&p=412644#p412644

I have searched through the forum on "Marker Editor" in an attempt to find enough about it to get mine working again. There really wasn't enough specific information that I could find in the forum to enable me or anyone else with setting up a Marker Editor again when the instructions don't work.

Collected:
Uru Live Program Folder download in Programs (86) Renamed: Uru Live ME.
Download of the H'uru CWE 1.918 (June 13, 2013) Placed into Programs Folder.
Download of the “Python” Folder.
Old Marker Editor Program Folder
And All the common thread post links of instructions.

What I and maybe others like me need, specific information steps we can do to solve the problems when following the posted steps don't work for us.

Please Post if you know HOW TO OVERCOME AND FIX the specific problems with setting up the Marker Editor.
EXAMPLE: Run the H'uru client with the "/SkipPreload" argument.

1. Problem I ran into was it didn't work and I had no information to help me figure out why. Posts here have since overcome the script path argument problem.

2. Problem is a Message Error Server.ini not found. Please check the Program File. I was told that my CWE client should launch the game using the plCLient or Uruexplorer. All I got was the server.ini message. So I found a server file in my Old maker editor file and stuck it in and whola! they started working. So I followed on through the instructions to the end for my Marker Editor until and I finally got the game to launch without the ini message, but to a new message.
Quote:
Uru has experienced a serious error and needs to close.
Please submit your log folder to the developer.

3. Where is that log folder at again?

Last edited by Jahmen on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:10 am, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:14 pm 

Jahmen,

The Marker Editor is alive and well.
I have been able to restore all my marker sculptures back to their original state.
There are 2 primary things you must have:
1. CWE Internal Client.
2. Marker Editor add-on.

The editor resides inside the CWE client and is used with commands as usual.

Contact me or Lyyne for any downloads you may need.
Instructions are also available from yours truly :lol:

Goren

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:48 pm 

Quote:
There are 2 primary things you must have:
1. CWE Internal Client.
2. Marker Editor add-on.

1. OK I have the CWE Client. Check!
2. Marker Editor add-on. Unless it's something found in the ole Marker Editor I have,
I'm not sure where I get the referenced Marker Editor add-on from.

Unless you mean the SDL or Python files?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:04 am 
Obduction Backer

From this post:
Lyrositor wrote:
The Marker Editor files can be downloaded as a ZIP file here: http://lyros.net/files/MarkerEditor_Python.zip

If you want to run it, download an H'uru client and install it (you can find a pre-built one here; be sure to follow all the installation and running options) and follow these instructions:
1. Extract the Marker Editor files to a location on your computer.
2. Delete or rename the "Python" file in your H'uru client installation.
3. Copy the Marker Editor's "Python" folder to your H'uru client installation. You should have four folders in this folder now: "dat", "Python", "SDL" and "sfx".
4. Run the H'uru client with the "/SkipPreload" argument. You can now use the Marker Editor's commands in-game!

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:03 am 

korovev, Thank you for trying to help.
I'll apologize first for not being more specific about what I was asking for. My Bad!
I have since Edited the Starting Post to better address what I was looking to get.

ALL of your post information was spot on with all links and instructions to get the marker editor working.
I know, because I had already searched the forum and found all of it and a bit more.

SPECIFICALLY: When I put in the "/SkipPreload" argument. I get a Error Message to check the path.
Tried every way I could think of to insert the script into the "Target: Screen" to make it work.

Other issue was the confusion about how to launch the client.
Instructions are clear about what not to do and even why, but nothing specific I was able to understand saying what you do to launch it.
NOTE: My confusion over the launch was my plCLient shortcut never worked for me.
THUS MY REASON FOR POSTING FOR MORE SPECIFICS OTHER THAN THE BASIC FORM POSTED LINKS AND INFORMATION.

Last edited by Jahmen on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:31 pm 

Hi Jahmen!

the last instruction was also a bit "mysterious" for me at first. Here's how it should look like...

[Reveal] Spoiler:

--------------

For the client now:

It's rather simple of use. You have to know 3 commands.

/list
/upload
/download

To download quests from the game to your PC:

1) Type "/list" on your KI

There will be a list in txt format created in a folder called "Games"
EVERY quests located in your Ages' folders will be listed there.
NONE of the quests located in your incoming folder will be listed though.

2) Search for a specific quest, there will be a number attached to the quest.

0: A quest made by Jahmen
1: Another quest made by Jahmen
2: A third one
Etc.

3) Go back to MOULa and type "/download 0"

The game will be in txt format and located in your Games folder

That's it!

To upload a quest from your PC to the game:

1) You must put the quest in the folder called "Games".

For your info, I store my quests in sub-folders inside the folder "Games" but when it's time for me to upload them back on the server, I make a copy in "Games" to be able to upload them.

Important step here
2) You must remove the GUID (will be the 2nd line of your txt file)

Even if you are the author of the quest, you won't be able to upload it back without removing the GUID. So with that said, every new upload will create a whole new quest, a new copy to be exact.

Optional step
3) You can if you want rename the txt file of the game you want to reload.

The game will be called Jahmen0.txt, for you that's not much of an issue but for me with let's say Skydiver Annabelle, I have her quests named SkydiverAnnabelle0.txt, etc.
Call it let's say Q1.txt (for Quest 1)

4) Go back to MOULa, type "/upload [name of the file].txt"

The quest will be saved with under the current age's folder with its in-game name.

That's it!

I hope you have enough information now :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:47 pm 

OK! I don't understand why it worked this time, but it did! THANK YOU ANNABELLE! :D
Perhaps it was because I downloaded all the files again fresh to try again with, who knows!

Annabelle Wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jahmen!

the last instruction was also a bit "mysterious" for me at first. Here's how it should look like...

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Annbelle's Spoiler screen shot

Using the Spoiler screen shot, I put the plCLient script argument in the same way I had tried before.
Having Annabelle's screen shot was a great visual confirmation though of exactly how it should look.

The Argument Script was accepted with my click of the apply button for the added change.

However, the launch failed!
Error: No server.ini file found. Please check your Uru installation.
Not sure why no server.ini file. There is no server.ini file in my Uru Live program file or the CWE client file. I did replace the Python File and added in the Uru Live program sfx and dat files.
The CWE file already had the SDL file. So I have all 4 files. What step did I miss that didn't get the Server.ini file?
NOTE: My Uru Live program does launch and I can play Uru and it is where I got the sfx and dat files from.
I'm unsure why an error for a server.ini file when there are none listed and Uru runs when I launch it?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:27 pm 

Jahmen,

I think I know what caused your issue.

The version of the CWE client you downloaded for the Marker Editor is not the same as mine. I'm using a different internal client compiled by one of my buddies.

The solution is quite easy:

replace the argument from "/ServerIni=server.ini /SkipPreload" to "/ServerIni=server_moula.ini /SkipPreload"

[Reveal] Spoiler: 'Your version of the CWE Client'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:37 pm 

It said; Please check your Uru installation. So I did and there was no server.ini file listed. I used the server file from my old Marker Editor file folder and placed it into my CWE client folder and got the plClient to launch. But my old Marker Editor doesn't have the server.ini file it mentioned in the error message.

Quote:
Annabelle wrote: The version of the CWE client you downloaded for the Marker Editor is not the same as mine. I'm using a different internal client compiled by one of my buddies.

Annabelle, look inside to see if your working copy CWE & Marker Editor file folders doesn't have the server and server.ini files in them. Pretty sure you will find them there.

Do you know where on any of the forums (writers/ maintainers, OpenUru.org) where explorers can find a link to download the Marker Editor? It contains the server and server.ini files.

P. S. I had the argument path script as you said to change already that way and so of course still had the error meassage.

Last edited by Jahmen on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:26 pm 

Jahmen,

Sent you a forum PM

Goren

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm 

I had a few marker missions that I made, which have clearly been lost now. I didn't even know about this editor until after the wipe and this thread. I know this is an incredibly wild stab in the dark but I'm hoping that someone might have backed up my Relto He11? I will of course try my best to re-create it but I'm having trouble remembering exactly how it was. Either way, I will now be using this marker editor. Thanks for all the information and apologies for hijacking this thread.

Last edited by SmilingOne on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:32 pm 

SmilingOne No No that's OK! because if this thread post helped you get your Marker Editor working, then I'm really glad!

It's the main reason I started it. Just trying to get as much out there as I can to help explorers get their own marker editors working.

As for me, I still stuck on that Error message to a server.ini file missing.
I have seen the server.ini file in another explorer's Marker Editor folder, but my own Marker Editor copy doesn't have it. Therefore, I have no way to check to see if my having it would solve my server.ini problem. And yet I'm told it doesn't matter because that's not what causes my error. Although, I'm not yet been told what is. So I'll keep hacking away at the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:03 pm 

Did you read my last post?

1) You don't have a file called "server.ini"

2) Your file's name is "server_moula.ini"

3) Change the argument from: "/ServerIni=server.ini" to "/ServerIni=server_moula.ini"

Ok then look in cwe client folder.

You must have a file whichever the name is that has the symbol of a .ini file. The small icon will look like a .txt file with a wheel on its lower right corner.

Try to put the name of any of that(those) file(s) in the argument /ServerIni=[...] and then run the program.

If you don't see any .ini files then... you have a problem :lol: try redownload the cwe client 1.918 (from the link YOU provided on your other post you made almost a week already). In my last post, it was called "server_moula.ini" in that bundle.

If that doesn't work, please post it after my message, because you are lucky this time, I returned back in the history and I saw you edited your last post in respond of this one (the part that is striked now). But your answer wasn't easy to find because I had to go back. I would prefer you say it after my post :wink:

I have one other solution but try this one for now...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:38 pm 

Jahmen,
My offer of help is still there.
Forum PM has been sent.

Goren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:03 pm 

Goren, thank your for offering to walk me through a real time run through. :D

I have sent you back PM information to set up the time :?:

:shock: I can't wait to see where all my efforts took a wrong turn! :shock: