It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

When MOUL came back up I tried to run through the cleft and get it out of the way, but I was in too much of a hurry and kept falling off the ledge that leads to where you climb up to the imager room. This ledge has always been slippery starting with the Gametap days. After falling off the umpteenth time, I impatiently jumped and found I can now jump to the ledge from the cleft floor.

Has this been this way ever since 2006, or is it a new feature?

I tried it in Uru: CC, and I couldn't do it there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Although I have no problem jumping to the ledge that leads to the ladder,,,Try walking over the planks at the end. Then you can walk to the ladder to take you up to the imager room

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Last edited by Charura on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I think Wafna is referring to the planks as being the "slippery ledge." I don't recall when I discovered that I could jump up on the ledge leading to the imager room, but I know I've been doing it for awhile, now. It was quite a relief to discover that possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, it is a relief to me as well. It saves me some steps on the way to that journey cloth.

The slippery ledge is the one from the planks to the ladder/fallen walkway to the imager room. In CC I had no trouble dropping down to it from the planks and walking to the ladder. Starting with Myst Online, I found I often slipped off of it unless I faced the wall and kept walking.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:09 am 
Creative Kingdoms

I also felt like I was doing something new in that area and getting away with it while doing the Cleft this time, but really couldn't put anything specific to the feeling. Perhaps that was it.

I attributed any changes to Skoader's work for open source that completely revamped the PhysX physics in the game. I don't think I had fully played the Cleft since than. My favorite improvement that came with those changes was the return of the ability to kick the leaves in Kadish. For others, it might have been that the Gira baskets were easier to manage.

P.S. Oh my, just noticed this makes 6000 posts. Well, just goes to show that I don't always spend my time wisely. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:14 am 
Obduction Backer

I find this most peculiar. I've never had any problems on that ledge, in Uru:ABM, MOUL or any derivative. Never. I just walk along the ledge and climb the broken walkway/ladder. Never slipped, never fallen off, never had any sign of difficulty (other than it is a pain to have to go over it three times, but it is the climbs that are slow.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:35 am 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt is right , it is the revamping of the PhysX, which lead to the more easy jumps everywhere ... :P

I've never had problems in the cleft there too, but now it is great to be able to jump up from down there e.g., when you have to touch that cloth outside the door, or in Gahreesen, when you can jump from one ledge across the room to the other side and ledge to touch the cloth up there, before you cross the plank over the crack, where before you had to go up that ladder, touch the cloth then down and up again the other side lol ... (we're in the spoilers section, phew lol) ... I also love the more easily kickable kickables ... :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:37 am 

This hapened to me also. At the time I tought my new mouse was too sensitive.

Then I did remember that in live it was possible to use the green plant at right side of that rock ledge to jump up(I use running mode jump) to the ledge. No need to use the plank anymore. :mrgreen:

Also did notice that the last jump to the big Gahreesen door was longer in live compared to Uru solo.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:56 pm 

Ha, this was always a bugaboo for me, because in all versions before this PhysX fix, it was the one place where the male avvies' and female avvies' height made a difference.

Positioned at the right end of that ledge, a male avatar could make the jump. But a female avatar could not.

During several beta test periods, I raised tickets about this, but the issue was never addressed...until - as JWPlatt points out - Skoader fixed it!

(Cully tips her hat)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]