It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, it looks like I'll have to give up on the idea of working on the tour until I've got my avatar rebuilt. The server crash and loss of all avatar information has definitely thrown a wrench into the gears!

In addition to that, like everyone else, my buddy list is gone. Going to have to re-meet people at random again.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've finished with getting my avatar back in shape, and starting to think about the tour again. We are still having trouble locating a gray hat, though. Zeke posted a request for one over at the Guild of Writers, so we'll see if that gets a response.

If you want to contact me in-game, my new KI number is 11308.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well it time to unveil my next big thing the Cavern Events Hood. So what is the Cavern Events hood well say you wanted to do an event but did not know how or where it will take place, here at the hood we (just I as of now) will test your idea in the hood to see what works what doesn't work and how it can be improved on. Other things you can do in the hood are marker mission, marker stories, door runs, Jalak games and even some new games I'm coming up with, you can play heek or just socialize but one thing for sure you will never end up doing the same thing, I want this hood to be an interactive hood where future events and can be posted so players know what happening in game, think of it as sort of an in game advertisement.

Last edited by zeke3651 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well time for the return of the Cavern Tours, now before I go any further let me say this the Cavern Tours are not meant to help you solve puzzle but to learn the history and back-story to each age we explore.
What is the Cavern Tours you may ask, well it a tour about learning the history of each age and back story of what happened to them and how they came to be that way. The Tour will be voiced chat most of the time so be sure to have headphones. In certain instances of the age you will be ask if you have any question and feel free to ask those question either by voice chat (if you have a mic) or ki txting. There so much history that this tour goes beyond the books you may have read that how much history and story there is.
The tours will be every Tuesday night a for a seasonal time, as to how the long tours they are typically 2 to 3 hours long.
Now I need EVERYONE going on the tours to meet in Ae'gura (the City) at the top of the great stairs in front of the rock/stalmite/tree thing at 21:00ki time and the tour itself will start at 22:00ki time.
Our host is Zeke365, R'tay will be our histaoain during the tour, Larry LeDeay will be our second historian on the tours, Stone will be our tec support as well. Hope to see you all there and for other times check this site out http://www.guildofsleepers.org/a-guide-to-ki-time.html

first tour will be tonight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm just about ready to hold a practice tour on Ae'gura, to see if I can talk for any length of time and not trip on my tongue. Any volunteers for a test audience?

We held the first of this season's late-night tours last Tuesday, more or less on time. All in all, it went pretty well and we got a large group considering that the announcement for it was as close to last minute that it hardly mattered. A fun time was had by all, and it was a pretty good kick off to the series, even though we didn't have the ability to use our normal tricks like warping directly to lecture locations. OHB is working on restoring the Fun House and Hood of Illusions, but they don't seem to be ready yet.

Don't forget the next tour will be Tuesday night at 22:00 KI time. We encourage you to arrive earlier in case we need to relocate. The tours meet at the top of the Great Stairs on Ae'gura.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Still happy to be a test subject, if I'm around when you want to do this. :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Looks like I'll be trying my first practice tour next Saturday, October 18th, at 0900 KI time. That's 16:00 (4:00 PM) in the UK, and 8:00 AM on the US west coast. Hopefully, that's a reasonable compromise for both the USA and Europe. It'll just be a variation of the half of Ae'gura we covered in last Tuesday's late night run, but the lecture will be a little different since I don't want to parrot r'Tayrtahn's tour.

Since it's a practice run, I'll be welcoming any feedback about what you'd like to know about Ae'gura and its history, people, and layout.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:54 am 

An interesting detail could be the spot where Spy Room's Telescope is, so people have an imagination in which direction they look into DRC's office if they teleport themselve in hidden spy room. Details about Spy Room's origin, who had the idea to create, use and benefit in which way from? Subsequent to could be the question who placed that Bahro Stone just in Teledahn instead hiding Bahro Stone in a more secret place with exclusion of (eye-)witness.

I think details of so-called Red Roof Buildings are interesting too, especially meeting the "Gun". It is possible to meet that spot in TOC.

What about reconstructing a typical day of D'ni high society in D'ni Aegura? Could be an interesting talking point to discuss, originate or/and develop, doing a little bit practice to check if it figures. I would team up with you, Zeke, Stone and r'Tay.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:47 am 
Obduction Backer

mTX17 wrote:
An interesting detail could be the spot where Spy Room's Telescope is, so people have an imagination in which direction they look into DRC's office if they teleport themselve in hidden spy room. Details about Spy Room's origin, who had the idea to create, use and benefit in which way from? Subsequent to could be the question who placed that Bahro Stone just in Teledahn instead hiding Bahro Stone in a more secret place with exclusion of (eye-)witness.

I did point out the DRC conference room last week, and we talked about the relative position of the spy room. I didn't think to tell them what it is; the "spy room" is the end of a corridor that was separated from the rest of the building by a collapsed ceiling. The only way to get there is by Bahro stone, which means Yeesha set it up for Sharper for whatever reason she may have had.

Quote:
I think details of so-called Red Roof Buildings are interesting too, especially meeting the "Gun". It is possible to meet that spot in TOC.

Are you talking about the Palace and the sections that surround the Palace Courtyard? Yes, you can walk up the stairs to the Palace Courtyard, walk through it, and then up the steps to the Sutherland Point alley in City of Dimensions. I wish we could do that in MO:ULa too.

Quote:
What about reconstructing a typical day of D'ni high society in D'ni Aegura? Could be an interesting talking point to discuss, originate or/and develop, doing a little bit practice to check if it figures. I would team up with you, Zeke, Stone and r'Tay.

That might work for my version of the tour, since I want to discuss life in D'ni more than we do in the late night tours. r'Tay focuses more on DRC politics and the broad history of D'ni.

Reminder: Tonight is the second in the late night tour series. We'll begin meeting at the top of the Great Stairs on Ae'gura at 21:00 KI time to socialize, and the tour is scheduled to begin around 22:00 or so, depending on when r'Tayrtahn can get home from work.

If you wonder why we meet earlier than the scheduled time, it's because we usually transfer to another location before the tour begins and want the group to be assembled before we do. Normally that's the Hood of Illusions, but it may not have been restored yet. We don't just meet in the HoI directly because Stone also works swing shift, and we have to wait for him to get home, log in, and set the hood to public before we can go there.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

I m gonna send a reminder to everyone that tonight is is the Cavern Tours, a tour in which you learn the history of each age. (not meant to help you solve puzzles).
We will meet in Aue'gura (The City) at the top of the great stairs in front of the stalagmite at 21:00ki time and tour will be at 22:00ki time. The tours will last 2 to 3 hours but be very insterting. It is hoted by Zeke365, Our historian R'tay, second Historian larry LeDeay, and Tec support Stone hope to see you tonight. For other times check this site out http://www.guildofsleepers.org/a-guide-to-ki-time.html
(as to what ages we go to each week you will just have to come and find out.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:32 am 

larryf58 wrote:
Are you talking about the Palace and the sections that surround the Palace Courtyard? Yes, you can walk up the stairs to the Palace Courtyard, walk through it, and then up the steps to the Sutherland Point alley in City of Dimensions. I wish we could do that in MO:ULa too.
No, the "Gun" is located on a roof. Without xyz-teleporting not accessible.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:21 am 

larryf58 wrote:
...In addition to that, like everyone else, my buddy list is gone. Going to have to re-meet people at random again.

Not neccessarily. Have you checked the KI directory here.... http://uru.orangehairedboy.com/ki/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, I have. Only a very small number of explorers list themselves there, so it's not much help. I had every name from my old buddy list that is listed there before I first saw it.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, Larry, for a fascinating European tour today! Same time next week! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:04 am 
Obduction Backer

You're very welcome. It did show me a number of weaknesses in my technique. I didn't have quick notes on key facts that I could reference, like names, dates, and other tidbits like them. That left me scrambling for the info, and wasting time in the search.

That was because up until now, I haven't been the primary speaker. I normally follow r'Tay's lectures and add relevant facts and comments to fill in the gaps and explain forms and functions. For that, I don't need the same kind of notes. I'll try to overcome my natural laziness and write some for next week.

I also hadn't realized going in that it's really difficult to hold down the tab key for extended lengths of time while talking. I've heard that other people weight down the key when giving lectures, and I see why now. It left me wondering if there was a way that I could set up a broadcast over the internet instead, like the systems used for the music programs occasionally held for the cavern.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next