It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:06 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:47 pm 

Hi, As I'm new to this online game I needed some help to get started and found this thread. This is just to let you know that not all the links work, I guess that time intervnes sometimes.

1, OK.
2, Blocked.
3, OK.
4, Not available.
5, Not available.
6, Ok.
7, Ok.

Regards John

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shorah, John and welcome to the community. Unfortunately, Whitch2 isn't around much anymore, so her list might not get updated.

2. Greydragon's post has probably been archived, making it unavailable. I tracked it down in the Wayback Machine, but it's outdated, so I don't recommend it. archived link, February 27, 2007

4. Sorry, couldn't track down Norfren's Summary Map. :(

5. Found Carl Palmner's Crash Course for Beginners in the Wayback Machine, but again, it's probably outdated. archived link, June 17, 2007

6. I should check my own post to see if it needs updating. :wink:

I would recommend that newcomers look for information in the Information & Resource Center section, particularly Mac_Fife's MOULagain User Manual.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:07 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

For additional info here:
1. The link given was to a previous version of the forum rules, that have now been removed from public view. You can find the current forums rules in the Information and Resources section
2. The post by greydragon has also been removed from public view. It was related to the GameTap incarnation of MOUL and referred to a "Myst Online 101 video", the old GameTap version of the player's manual, info about orientation sessions, Res Engs, Guild of Greeters and some background about the game, the DRC and the distinction between IC and OOC play.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:06 pm 

Thanks for the replies, I realised things might have been a little out of date.
I was looking for help with the KI and found a really helpful page at the Guild of Greeters site: http://www.guildofgreeters.com/index.ph ... #text_chat

Regards John

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:07 pm 
Site Admin

Split the selected posts from the "NEW EXPLORERS - HELP DESK" thread to this one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:27 pm 

As of yesterday afternoon and today, the guild of greeters site is not available, anyway, not to me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:39 pm 

Well, as I recall.....possibly incorrectly...the GoG website is hosted on a private/home? server...

(Unlike GoMe/GoW who use a hosting service, with it's own respective issues.)

...Therefore, it does go down from time to time at odd intervals, which have been noted elsewhere in the past. Anys, hopefully it will be back up sooner rather than later.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]