It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: D'NI AGE LINKING BOOK
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:47 pm 

Is the D'ni Age linking book the same as the Ae'gura linking book on my Relto shelf (top shelf, third from left, next to Nexus book)? I've seen references to it here and there but don't see it explicitly on my Relto shlves. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:06 pm 

Well, *technically* there are three "D'ni age" linking books on your shelf: the hood, cleft and large-collection-of-bahro-stone-links books, all of which link somewhere in the age of D'ni, because D'ni is under the surface of Earth, hence Earth is located in the D'ni age.

In most cases when somebody is talking about the "D'ni age book" (honestly I have never seen anyone use that name) they probably mean the Ae'gura book. If they meant the hood book, they'd use that name (or perhaps "Bevin book"), and I can't imagine anyone seriously calling the Cleft book the "D'ni age book".

(wow, such title, very caps, much hurt.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:44 pm 

THANKS! (jermone was in running mode just before I posted this, ergo, the CAPS.) Your account sounds good to me. We are supposed to pick up Nexus and "D'ni Age" linking books after bahro-linking to a particular balcony in the Gahreeshan age, according to a walkthrough (which I never use for help, of course).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:52 pm 

Now, more to the point: I have worked with a buddy to drop the Er'cana pellets and I have noted the symbols thus revealed in the lower Bahro cave. Now I find that I have no way to get to the cleft to enter the symbols and continue. I have no cleft book. There are no books in the pillars in my relto. I feel I have missed something important. Any help?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:26 am 
Obduction Backer

You'll need to return to the Cleft to complete the first quest you were given.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Return what you have taken... (Not sure that's the correct quote...but it's close)

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:06 am 

OK, but how to return to the cleft. I certainly might have missed something while I was there, but I got all the JCs and thought I was done. The question remains: is there a way back to the cleft? Or a way to get the cleft linking book I may have missed when I was there the first time?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:37 am 

I take it that you have those steaming totems. You have to return them in order to open a way back to the cleft. That way you - if you keep your eyes open - get yet another code for the holo-emitter.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:49 am 

OK. Thanks for the hint. That's what a previous poster must have meant. I'll figure out how to do that and be on my way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah jermone,

You may want to study that Bahro stone on the Hood balcony. ;)

[Reveal] Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:37 pm 

Oops. I finally figured out what to do. "Returning" things in a world without tote bags takes some thought(s). Interesting that you can have both much thought and many thoughts, and I have so less and few of either. Much/many thank(s) for the help.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Thinking about the accessibility of the Cleft:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
If you find your pellet code before finishing the Cleft you can go there right away and get quick access to the imager panel, but if you finished the Cleft yet have not finished all of Gahreesen, Teledahn, Kadish, Gira, Kemo then you have to wait, potentially a long time, until you figure those places out.

It ends up being kind of like a punishment for finishing the Cleft...

I wonder if any players ever assume that there is never a way back to the Cleft once it is finished, and think that they have to restart the game completely and do the pellet stuff before getting the four-hydrants Relto page if they ever want to see what the code does?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]