It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:31 am 

Shorah all,

Long time no see:)

I was recently going through old data on some old harddrives, and came across a whole bunch of stuff related to the various incarnations of Uru Live proper, including an old publication started by Alahmnat and later taken on by myself called The Archiver, that ran 15 issues over 2006-08, over that time transitioning from humble but cleanly designed newsletter to a relatively large 30+ page e-zine. The Archiver was previously hosted on The Cavern Today's website, which has since come down.

I've uploaded the files to a Google Drive account, and made it public. There are probably copies swimming around somewhere, but I thought I might collect them in one place and at least make them easy to get to, in case anyone wanted to go through them again.

Let me know if you have any issues, or questions.

Good to see the creativity subforum is still doing well.

Old MOUL KI: 13986530
MOULa KI: 02058741

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:54 am 

Thanks Narym!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi, Narym, this is very nice, I also have them all still ... They were really interesting to read and very beautifully, creatively and up-to-date compiled and designed ... :P

They are also still downloadable through the webarchive version of TCT, and in general one can still find almost all pages from 2005 up to 2013 and even many of the Podcasts from around 2009 on are still downloadable ... This is the latest version of TCT's main page per January 2014 I could get ...

The 'Over the Fence' series (but only Ep.3-5) from 2009 is still downloadable, but the 'Topside' series 1-5 from 2008 (fun, but not too interesting for everyone esp. new explorers ... it's the time of hoping and waiting for Uru to come back and speculating about the future plus Cyan announcing to make Uru OpenSource etc.) is not anymore and I still have them ... I also have these TCT Extras from the GameTap era, in case anyone would be interested in those, just say so here and I'll upload them to my MediaFire account ... Ok, yeah, that was it so far ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:57 pm 

@Narym: If some reason I needed to speak to you about the GoMe history project...Can't recall why ATM, though I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:25 am 

Janaba, thanks for that. Yeah, it had occurred to me that the actual pdfs could well be stored on the Way Back Machine, but not everyone would necessarily think to use it, or know how (although you could just link one of the snapshots that has all the issues). Besides, multiple redundancy is never a bad thing when archiving, and at least this particular online backup I have some sort of control over.

Shame that not all the TCT episodes were archived (particularly the early ones from the first incarnation before the 'reset' circa 09-10). I haven't been able to find most of my copies, they must be gone, perhaps I deleted them because I thought I could always redownload them again :P. Might have to try and tag some of the old TCT crew and see if they have a full backup somewhere.

Nev'yn, sure thing. Feel free to shoot me a pm or whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:30 am 

So, as it turns out (and completely coincidentally to my posting here, it seems), the TCT website is back online. The full set of Archiver issues is available again there.

I'll leave my Drive backup, just in case ( ;) ) but if this stuff is still of interest to you, please download it from there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh, wow, this is very nice of them, and thanks for telling us here, Narym, maybe they weren't aware that it went down or they thought there was not sufficient interest ... :P

The 'Archiver Magazines' were there before too, through the webarchive, but the 'Topside' series is back now and it seems all of the 'Original TCT Podcast series' from Sept 2005 on ... Wow! ... That is really awesome and generous, what a mighty archive ... So, come on everyone, get them while you still can lol ... :D