It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Thus far, things are back to normal with my Cider client... no need to delete the two files in order to get to the cavern successfully.

Yeah, same here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

First time this year that I have tried to get in and ...no way. After the latest update, my cider wrapper is throwing this little beauty at me ...

I have deleted the TOS.txt file, restart the cider wrapper ... the launcher then re-downloads it, but then gives me this error again.

Any ideas folks?

and ...

uʍop ǝpısdn ʇsod uɐɔ l 'sǝʎ

Ki # : 02037973

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Have you tried coping TOS.txt in Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live/Cider/URU Live EULA.app/Contents/Resources/, replacing the one in there? There should be a hard link, but it might be broken.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

korovev wrote:
Have you tried coping TOS.txt in Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live/Cider/URU Live EULA.app/Contents/Resources/, replacing the one in there? There should be a hard link, but it might be broken.

I have no idea what you mean by this. Copying which file .... to where? .... and where's the "hard link" ... sorry ... so confused?

and ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

As I understand it, you deleted the TOS.txt file in
(1) Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live

But Cider actually use another one located in
(2) Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live/Cider/URU Live EULA.app/Contents/Resources/

Depending on which Cider wrapper you’re using, the latter could be an actual, obsolete file or a (sort of) alias. Try coping the TOS.txt in (1) into (2).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah boblishman,

Another thing to try, if you haven't already, is to reboot at least 2-3 times. I have noticed that after a MOULa update, my Cider wrapper needs a few slaps on the side of the head before it will behave itself again.

I have no idea why rebooting helps, but it has worked for me several times over now in sorting out Cider misbehavior.

Best of luck!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

OK guys .... not sure what the h*ll was going on but in the end I deleted my original cider wrapper and reinstalled Ainia's version ... which is now working properly :D :D :D :D

Thank you for your advice everyone ... quite ironic that the only shard I've had problems with is the official one!!

Anyhow, back up and running now, so all's well .... until the next update :shock:

and ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

I wanted to get back into this, but it looks like the link http://archives.gametap.com/static/uru- ... _setup.dmg no longer works. I assume they gave up and took it down. Are there any mirrors? :?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

zephjc wrote:
I wanted to get back into this, but it looks like the link http://archives.gametap.com/static/uru- ... _setup.dmg no longer works. I assume they gave up and took it down. Are there any mirrors? :?

Yes:

http://distfiles.macports.org/mystonlin ... _setup.dmg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

rainbow wrote:
zephjc wrote:

Yes:

Thank you! I was actually just about to edit my post saying that I found out how to do it with 'port' from the command line:

sudo port install mystonline-cider

EDIT: I was having trouble with the game crashing over and over, and it turned out trashing the directory ~/LIbrary/Preferences/Myst Online Preferences/ fixed it. It appears it was bad combinations of graphics settings that did it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:18 am 

zephjc wrote:
rainbow wrote:
zephjc wrote:

Yes:

Thank you! I was actually just about to edit my post saying that I found out how to do it with 'port' from the command line:

sudo port install mystonline-cider

EDIT: I was having trouble with the game crashing over and over, and it turned out trashing the directory ~/LIbrary/Preferences/Myst Online Preferences/ fixed it. It appears it was bad combinations of graphics settings that did it.

Yeah, this presently seems to be the only way to get URU on El Capitan. I personally don't use Mac Ports -- I use Homebrew. As an alternative, download both that dmg from the link there and the updated URU launcher -- the dmg on it's own won't work because it has the outdated launcher.

http://distfiles.macports.org/mystonlin ... -1.893.zip

Open the dmg and drag the Myst Online Application over to your Applications folder.

Copy the new unzipped UruLauncher.exe to /Applications/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live

Now you're set.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:14 am 
Obduction Backer

“The only way”? Are you sure?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:22 pm 

korovev wrote:
“The only way”? Are you sure?

Yeah, wine officially broke for me after El Capitan. I've only been able to get it to run via the Cider wrapper. Which sucks for GS.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Weird, because according to boblishman, Wineskin does work, so I did no further investigations. I’m not sure about other implementations of Wine, though.

As a sidenote, I find it a bit funny that people have asked in this thread about where to find the Cider wrapper, when the 9th word of the OP is a link to an already updated (1.918) version of it :roll: .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:56 pm 

Honestly, I had been using Winebottler for so long. I'll check out the newest version of Winery and boblishman's suggestion and get back to you.

Your right. Winery works well. I didn't have to fight the xQuartz bug I was having with previous bottles I had made. Although I do have to say the Cider wrapper provides much better performance on my older Mac.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next