It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Windows 10?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:35 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

This is the leading sentence from the article found at the link below:

"Microsoft has expanded its diagnostic data collection with Windows 10, making mandatory what had been a voluntary telemetry program."

http://www.computerworld.com/article/29 ... lsory.html

I have not seen the parallel mentioned, but to me it clearly echos the debate between vaxxers and anti-vaxxers. Herd immunity works better, and the people who opt out can hurt the defense against malware and exploits by not reporting bugs, or by not updating their systems with the current fixes. That's also why it's more difficult to avoid updates with Windows 10. So while paranoia - and some of it for good reason - may blame governmental or corporate intrusion and greed, it can also be for the benefit of the community so long as it is not abused. That's where our diligence comes in to expose any abuses with deep analysis like the above.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:51 pm 

shorah, I'm running a Windows7 pro64 PC or those who don't know.

--This is a reply about Windows 10 & MS facts--

:arrow: Did people forget that MS stated that they wanted to get into the
AD/PUP/data mining - now defunct CYDOOR serving etc. business?
-before it was just the opposite, with getting into the anti-spyware bussiness,
which is all just pretty much cover for their data mining operations to get every ones info
on everything, where they serf, what they download what programs are they using etc.
(ie, Windows Defender, One care, melshous-(spelling) software removal tool )

Now One Care is defunct, MS's anti-virus, Now its called sercuity essentials, all
the above mentioned, in one suite. I NEVER installed it but somehow Win Defender
got installed WITHOUT me knowing through, yep Windows automatic updates almost trojan app!
why because MS has recently changed on how it runs, before I was only installing updates
After clicking the more info link in the bottom right corner of the windows update window
to see what it really was and if I really needed it or not. EVERYONE NEEDS to do this period!
because MS sneaky tactics in telling very vauge info on the said update, for example;
there was a lot of ergent security updates that stated; that there was a server vulnerability
that needed patched ( what needed patched? ) went to MS website to read more about the update.
and this is the lamest and just imo stupid, 1st the attacker whould have to logon to your system
LOCALLY ( right there in person, so they would have to break into your home etc. ) then they would need
to logon to your PC using the RIGHT credentials & P/W and then they would have to run a special made
program to take over your entire PC. Ya right!

MS is obviously doing something sneaky with these updates. many other updates are slowly
CHANGING your OS so MS can CONTROL IT if they need to, hmmm The BORG CLOUD CONTROL
SYSTEM, aka MS BOTNET of zombie PCs where the user is a totaly ignorant sheeple in the HERD!!!
MS is calling us all COWS and SHEEP NOW! what does that tell yea? MS is turning EVIL,
The sad part is MS Created Windows so they can take it down mess it up,
so ONLY the programs that MS Borg CCS assimilated, B.C.C.S ( Borg Cloud Control System )
will work! eventually nothing will work anymore on the 'open' internet!
So take the internet number of the beast BCCS if you
still want to get on the internet to play Xbox games or Minecraft, have to use Skype yes another
P2P program that ironicaly used to be that wurm virii infested KAAZA! noshT I kid you not!
- Skype worked from 'super nodes' users PCs are supporting it as any P2P program does,
what MS did was to trick Skype by placing 10,000 linex servers as the super nodes that Skype
connected to so MS can now and still is monitering EVERYTHING you say or do on it! :x
Violation of the 1st amendment! with no lawsuits that I have heard about either, are we now
a Fascist country? I would hope and pray we are not, We the people are above that, right?!.

With Fakebook, which is a anti-social virus, has wumed its way into everything on the net,
Skype, Windows defender which is a joke but its one of the main ways MS gets
everyones personal info to what MS says to find protentual terrorists ( they all are saying that BS )
Did you know the war on Terror can NEVER be won? Because its to open and vauge thus
making everyone a terrorist, or a Hacker white, grey or black hat it don't matter, its a Everyone TRAP!

MS should have been broken up years ago period, and Bill the devil Gates, which
has KILLED just about as many innocent people as Hitler did with his Toxic Vaccines & flu shots etc.
he should be in prison on a deathrow somewhere along with all the rest of them evil criminal bas-tards
Obumbum, Killery, smellyBush, and other Jesuit, global cronies messing up and destroying everything
we hold dear, with their duality B.S. for the total control of everything!

Don't be deceived! there is no such thing as being 'Too paranoid' when it comes to the internet. :wink:

- the thing is MS is changing everything so that only MS software etc. will work, while killing off
backwards compatibility amd soon all 32bit will be dead as well if MS has their way.
So they can be KING

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Last edited by VoiZod on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:02 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

VoiZod, if you really believe all that, the answer is simple: Don't use Windows. End of story.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:42 am 
Obduction Backer

I may risk the intervention of a forum moderator over this, but you may wish to speak with your doctor
about your beliefs VoyZoid.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
VoiZod, if you really believe all that, the answer is simple: Don't use Windows. End of story.

I believe, Mac_Fife handled this more elegantly ... :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:08 pm 

One wonky post doesn't mean that there aren't severe privacy concerns here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:35 pm 

All I've ever really wanted was a faster engine. I am, at this moment evaluating WX, and see no compelling reason to upgrade my 3 other machines.

Many of the niceties that have been added since 98 were just that....nice.

I used to be happy finding free downloads that expanded my system the way I decided I wanted to expand. Windows before 8x took care of a lot of those things, but perhaps they have gone too far.

I got into PC very early, pre IBM PC even, and one of the glorious things that PC's offered was the power without the connection to the big corporation's computer. It was obvious, and obviously a strong hook to all us little guys who saw the potential.

With WX, MS has pretty much forced us back onto the big corporations computer.......

Not to mention the spyware aspect of everything I have read. How MS will tame the spyware concept to be palatable will be interesting to watch. First step will obviously be a new name.....something cute....like Cortana.....

Until there is a compelling reason to upgrade, I am hesitant. Oddest thing, that compelling reason might be something like providing a great (free, easy) way to run old programs and games. Like Myst and Riven.

Else, I am unimpressed with WX, but will continue evaluations on this, my 4th most important machine. (It's really a back up fall back machine in case expletive happens, which it does.....)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:34 am 
Obduction Backer

I found an interesting article this morning.

Quote:
Consumer groups have slammed Microsoft for its policy of forced updates for Windows 10, which is hitting customers in remote locations with massive bill shocks by blowing out their data caps.

But they warn bill shock may affect many more customers, regardless of where they are located. And, with many customers yet to receive their monthly internet bills, the full extent of the problem may not yet be apparent.

Maureen Hilyard, an internet user in the Cook Islands, an autonomous region associated with New Zealand, claims she faces a bill as much as $NZ600 ($A532) for the month of August, thanks to Windows 10 automatic updates.

Depending on where you live you'd better be ready to have a good datacap. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:34 am 

Quote:
Maureen Hilyard, an internet user in the Cook Islands, an autonomous region associated with New Zealand, claims she faces a bill as much as $NZ600 ($A532) for the month of August, thanks to Windows 10 automatic updates.

:o Now thats just BS! Isn't that Illegal way of extorting money from it customers?

Its almost the same thing with all the Deadly microwave radiation and dirty electricity 'Smart Meters'
& those brillium what ever, filled spiral light bulbs put out! The corporate side of things look to your
Electric/power company, now can not only control your electricity an shut it off at will,
But they also can charge you 3 to 5 times as much as you were paying before!

Because of the new smart meters the electric companies 'Just unconsently, trespassing, forcing,
lieing to put these deadly devices on everyones home! The Smart Meters are spying on
EVERYTHING you do in your own home!

Smart meters all connect to all of your NEW electric appliances in your home and transmit all info
on use of these appliances to your power company through weaponized Wi-Fi, (the new eletric grid system)
Example you used your washing machine during peak hours of the day, so they will raise
your bill a few hundred for doing that. In fact this has already happened!

> MS is the key player for the NWO take over of the internet,
for those who didn't know that.

> Bill Gates has taken over Hitler in innocent people he has killed, with Bill's deadly vaccines
& Flu shots entity/corp./company which has been distributed world wide for years!
and Bill's proud of it too! Just makes me sick. IMO.

---

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:37 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Between topic titles like "Alien diversions" and "Windows 10 digressions," it feels like we're trapped in a series of Big Bang Theory episodes, which might explain posts like the one above.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:46 am 
Obduction Backer

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2015/08/ ... ed-as.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2015/08/windows-10-spyware-disguised-as.html wrote:
you have to opt in on a network-by-network basis... (but) many users are conditioned to click 'yes' to these prompts

Excellent occasion to learn to stop doing that.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:39 am 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Between topic titles like "Alien diversions" and "Windows 10 digressions," it feels like we're trapped in a series of Big Bang Theory episodes, which might explain posts like the one above.

I might not be the best to comment on this due to my exposure to 900+ teenagers per day... But I am of the opinion that the poster you're referring to should seek professional help to defeat his/her imagined demons.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:55 am 

I don't thing the demons are gonna appreciate being called imaginary :mrgreen:

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared