It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: dene tribe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:16 pm 

Are the "dene tribe" have something to do with our D'ni people ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dene

Edit:
According to the next song they would be all around us....alive :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iajdt5GLGuI

Post subject: Re: dene tribe
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:11 am 
Obduction Backer

OOC, I've wondered before if the name Dunny was inspired by Dene, but I found this old post from Robyn, which suggests it wasn't based on any real-world name:

robynmiller wrote:
Main_Avvie wrote:
[...] oh, and for good measure, why "Dunny"?

[...] The name of the realm was Dunny. Why not? All the names were slightly whimsical.

IC, I think it's unlikely: given the geographical distance between D'ni and the Dene homeland, the similarity is probably coincidence. On the other hand, the Navajo and Apache legends that mankind emerged from a world underground reflect a common motif in the southwestern desert region, which may have D'ni roots.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:17 am 

I sense Ainia dropping by sometime soon...Anys, the native culture I know most about is Pima-Maricopa:

*Iʼitoi or Iʼithi is, in the cosmology of the O'odham peoples, the mischievous creator god who resides in a cave below the peak of Baboquivari Mountain, part of the Tohono O'odham Nation. Visitors to the cave are asked to bring a gift to ensure their safe return from the depths. O'odham oral history describes I'itoi bringing Hohokam people to this earth from the underworld. Hohokam are said to be ancestors of both the Tohono O'odham(Papagos) and the Akimel O'odham/(Pima).

*Hohokam culture, prehistoric North American Indians who lived approximately from ad 200 to 1400 in the semiarid region of present-day central and southern Arizona, largely along the Gila and Salt rivers. The term Hohokam is said to be Pima for “those who have vanished” or "those who have gone before".

(Nev' Note: The Maricopa are not actually the same genetic stock as O'odham...Being somehow related to the Yuma before the 1800s...Be aware, discovering this was quite a trial of research, and a matter not usually discussed by the Gila River Pima, who will change the topic. I leave further explorations on the matter to your own research.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:09 am 

Apache people...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache

These indigenous peoples(Apaches) of North America speak Southern Athabaskan languages, which are related linguistically to Athabaskan languages in Alaska and western Canada.

Related ethnic groups
Edit: below images upper right at above link
Navajo, Dene, Tarahumara