It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

MOULa has been online for six years, in this, the latest of its incarnations. The actual anniversary is Monday February 8th, I believe, which is not such a good time to gather explorers from around the world, unless we can find a couple of willing hosts, one from the US and one from the far East.

In lieu of that, we will be broadcasting a Radio Free D'ni show on Sunday 7th from 13 KI, containing Mysty music (Myst-universe game soundtracks, Peter Gabriel, Turjan, Piboc and so on), for maybe 1 -2 hours, and following up with a dance party for as long as people keep dancing and I can stay awake :). I'm more than happy to have that as a part of a larger celebration, and I'm ready to coordinate (i.e. put a schedule together). I'd be ecstatic if others came along and added their own bits, whatever they may be.

II can do something on Monday night as well if there is a desire to mark the precise date. But I will definitely need others to carry the event on into US time.

Please let it be known in this thread if you want to do something to mark this occasion :)

Last edited by AlanD on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:14 am 

Sounds great, AlanD! Perhaps we could call this a CavConniversary Party? :D

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

AlanD wrote:
In lieu of that, we will be broadcasting a Radio Free D'ni show on Sunday 8th from 13 KI

Shouldn't that be the 7th?

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

You're right, Charura, it should. Now corrected...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have been reminded that there is an event already scheduled for the 7th, our History of Enya show. Consequently the MOUL 6th anniversary show will be moved to Monday at 14 KI, and as this is an awkward time for most of the US I will shorten it to one hour, in the hope that somone on US time can provide another hour or so at US-friendly times?

Last edited by AlanD on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

There should be a whole week of celebrations, considering all the events that happened in February ;)

February 4th 2008 – Announcement of the closing of MO:UL
February 5th 2007 – Closing of Untìl Uru
February 8th 2010, 12:30 KI – Opening of MO:ULagain
February 9th 2004 – Closing of Prologue
February 15th 2006 – Opening of D’mala
February 15th 2007 – Opening of MO:UL

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Add to Korovev's list:
February 4th 2010 - Victor Laxman posts "Activity in the Cavern?" which let everyone know that Uru was returning.

I know February 8th is most important to the current generation of explorers, but for everyone who was in MOUL (GameTap era) and/or before that, February 4th means the most to us.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:08 pm 

Hmm... I seem to remember being involved in and organizing something last year.
MOULa 5 Years I think it was named... And I think I ended up being 5 years older
after that. We did actually celebrate for 3 Days... But yeah, it was worth it!

Well, it's up for grabs, it seems! So anybody willing to arrange anything, go ahead!
(a LINKY... in case you'd like to have a look-see at that the old topic...)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:57 am 

Yeah, I was the coordinator for the one back in 2012:
http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/con ... s-cavern-0

I'll always remember being quite concerned when the schedule barely had any events on it...
...Then suddenly, two weekends to a week before, people started PM'ing me in a rush to claim a time slot.

I hope someone or a good group of explorers step forward to make a great event this year, too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:35 pm 

Since the 4th and the 8th both seem like important MO:UL dates, why not span the party for 4 days? Starting the 4th and the big ending on the 8th? Having the Enya show in the middle would add to the party, being it's an activity we do biweekly. It's part of what we have made MO:UL.

So if we could put our heads together, we could do the two shows, a dance, and plenty of other things. Has anyone talked to Kaaja? She seems to be one with great ideas.

EDIT: Being today's the 4th, is there anything we could throw together really quickly?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

I believe, the great GZ activation on the Gehn shard on Febr 6th, directly after the AGM, fits quite perfectly into the anniversary celebrations this weekend, so, don't forget about that remarkable event, everyone, unless the H'Uru team decided to postpone it, but it doesn't seem so right now ... :P

After that activation, as Doobes has already announced (see above mentioned thread), there will be a party in the new awesome GoMessengers pub with some surprises in store for all of us ... See you all around somewhere in D'ni in the next days ... :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:40 pm 

Ok so on Tuesday, the 9th, I will have a marker quest to hand out to everyone. It will be a "take your time" kind of quest. It's meant so you can take in the sites of MO:UL and really take the time to see everything Cyan has made for us and remember the good times you've had. So it's mean to be easy. It will be long as I'm trying to hit almost every Age there is. So on Tuesday, ask around for the 6th Anniversary quest. I hope you all will enjoy it :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just an idea (with a problem): I guess we are all more or less familiar with the history of MOUL in (North) America and Europe, but maybe less with that in Asia and Oceania. So, we could gather e.g. in the International Hood and listen to the ‘tales from the East’ (e.g. is/was there a big local community, with its own jargon? Did they have local conventions? Etc.)

The problem I see is that a suitable time would be around early morning to early afternoon GMT, which is night to early morning KI time (KiST?). Consequently, people in the Americas might not be able to attend, and presumably the only good day would be tomorrow.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I'm all for events in the cavern - the more there are, the better it is for the cavern. But, there's nothing wrong with celebrating on the forums, either - and something like this would work better in a forum thread, IMO. Then, times wouldn't matter and you'd have the stories preserved where everyone could read them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:06 pm 

I can make sure International Hood is bumped up for tomorrow if you'd like. And if you wanted, someone could either A) record it if there's speaking involved or B) chatlog it. That way we could all see it, even if we weren't awake for it. Not everything has to work for us American's :)