It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:45 am

All times are UTC

Should the posting of "Neighborhood Pellet Scores" be restricted to neighbors only?
Poll ended at Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:42 pm
Yes; MOULa should be modified so that a hood's right D'ni imager can only accept postings of pellet points from explorers who are members/neighbors of that hood. 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
No; A hood's right D'ni imager should continue to accept postings of pellet points from any explorer, regardless whether s/he is a member/neighbor of that hood. 59%  59%  [ 20 ]
AdamJohnso's Option 3 described in his first reply below. 35%  35%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:13 am 

AdamJohnso wrote:
Certainly. Although, there are some technical limitations that JWPlatt seems to be hitting on -- on Cyan or MOSS shards, if someone leaves the Neighborhood and joins another, their old total at the time of departure will remain, unless they're outscored... This is pretty much the same situation as heek points, though. On H'uru based clients AND servers, there is some additional functionality that allows the generation of accurate leaderboards based on age owner lists, so that isn't an issue. But I guess that doesn't count here :P
I'd be in favor of this for MOULa, even if the departed neighbor's total score remained on his/her former hood's leaderboard. And I suspect the other ten explorers who've voted for your Option 3 thus far would be in favor, as well. If you have the time, I hope you'll introduce the subject during this Saturday's AGM. :mrgreen:

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:36 am 
Obduction Backer

I voted for Adam’s option, though frankly I’m not much interested in the matter. In any case, I think the imager should show aggregate scores per explorer, not every single load, which to me looks rather confusing.

With Adam’s option, I think it would be useful to have an additional page comparing Hood scores, turning Hoods into teams and encouraging the ‘spirit of competition’ mentioned earlier.

The D’niolympic ‘problem’ could be solved simply by having a D’niolympic alt (which, if I remember correctly, is already part of the rules anyway), and maybe making a D’niolympic Hood per year, to level all players at the starting point.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
HarveyMidnight wrote:
I've been bangin' around MOULa a few years now under various avatars, goofy nicknames... partially completed multiple playthroughs....

I think it's been all of twice, I've ever seen one of my "neighbors" online at the same time as me, under ANYof my avatars. I don't really consider myself a member of any one neighborhood, and never really have. Tossing together a bunch of random people into a "hood" never seemed to have much of a point, to me... especially as I usually never see those neighbors. Most of the time, I don't bother with it. Half the time, I'll just quit "DCR Bevin # XXXXX" and create my own hood, to have access to the resources.

There are several folks I "hang out" with, and there's usually a particular hood we use for staging events on a regular basis. Sure, i could JOIN that hood....

But, I dunno.. just seems like an unnecessary step and, to an extent a loss of freedom-- to only be able to add a pellet score to one hood, and I must be a member of that hood. So I definitely voted # 2... "any explorer, regardless...".

My solution is to simply create an avatar for every hood I "belong" to. Remember, you've got spaces for up to 5 avatars per e-mail account, and it's easy to get more e-mail addresses through g-mail, yahoo, etc.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:50 am 

Well folks, the poll results are in and displayed at the top of this thread! Thank you to everyone who voted and/or commented.

58.8% (20 of 34) of you voted for an all-explorers hood imager and 41.2% (14 of 34) of you voted for a neighbors-only hood imager.

However, only 2 of the 14 neighbors-only voters were in favor of changing the existing splashscreens to reflect neighbors-only pellet scores, which would have deprived any explorer the ability to "gift" his/her pellet points to any hood. The other 12 (a healthy 35.3% of total votes) voted for AdamJohnso's Option 3 for a unique type of neighbors-only splashscreen (thank you, Adam!). If Adam is still amenable to pursuing this option, let's continue to discuss it (flesh it out), either in this thread or a new thread.

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)