It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:34 pm 

Shorah. There are older threads about this issue. In my case I tried playing the online game and Complete Chronicles for the first time after upgrading to Windows 10 and am experiencing huge whited-out areas. My graphics worked fine under Windows 7. The Uru:CC game came from GOG. Would it help to re-download it from there? Anyone have any fixes, please?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:03 pm 

1- Mystonline and Uru CC are two different games. Do you have similar problems on both ?

2- If yes, I would suggest checking if you have the latest driver for your graphic card. Do not assume your have the latest. Specially if you have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

3- Do not forget to give us make & model of your graphic card.

Let us know how you are doing. There are other possibilities but let start with this one.

Btw, for Uru CC from GoG did you contact their support...
https://www.gog.com/support

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:06 pm 

Why you might have to change drivers for graphics in windows 10.

From here:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/windows/will-my-games-run-on-windows-10-3620831/

Some gamers, namely those that rely on a Nvidia GPU, may experience issues when first installing Windows 10 - mainly issues regarding driver compatibility. Users have reported multiple crashes and resolution issues after the install, but there's no need to worry as Nvidia has released its Game Ready Drivers for Windows 10. Publishing a blog post on its website on Windows 10 launch day, the company told users that a driver update is available through both the Nvidia GeForce Experience and the Drivers section of the Nvidia website.

The updated driver includes support for Windows 10 (of course!), tweaks and optimisations for games running on other operating systems, and new SLI profiles (for certain games) to make use of the multi-GPU setup available with DirectX 12.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:20 pm 

As far as I can tell, my drivers are up to date. I have an Intel HD graphics card. Yes, the same problem is occurring in MOULa as in the single-player game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:26 pm 

I am sorry but with infos given to us your intel graphic card does not seems compatible.

-- Uru: ABM does NOT support Intel Extreme or Express graphics chipsets (either laptop or desktop).
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/714990-Uru-Video-Cards-Laptops-and-Intel-Extreme

Additional Technical infos...
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/681140-Uru-System-Requirements-and-Posting-Guidelines?s=2326a861eeb3a054102e19cb9e27c4f6&p=8362760&viewfull=1#post8362760

You could always ask the expert moderator Heimdall G at ubi forums for some help.
Click Tread Starter top left above after registering...
http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/94-Uru-Technical-Help-Advice

For all infos about your computer run and save a copy of a dxdiag...
See post #1 & #5
http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/10470-dxdiag.html#post303452

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't believe Intel HD graphics are the same as those not supported. Intel HD graphics are better and more recent than those old chipsets.

I would still wonder about the graphics drivers. If you have not updated them since upgrading, you might visit the Intel site and install their driver update utility and see if it finds a more up-to-date driver.

Artic_Wagon is right in that a dxdiag would give people who could help more information about your system.

Last edited by Wafna on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:15 pm 

Wafna wrote:
I don't believe Intel HD graphics are the same as those not supported. Intel HD graphics are better and more recent than those old chipsets.

I would still wonder about the graphics drivers. If you have not updated them since upgrading, you might visit the Intel site and install their driver update utility and see if it finds a more up-to-date driver.

I did ask for maker and Model(#) but was not told.

If newer Intel graphic card I have another solution.
After clicking the play icon / look upper window / click graphics Tab / down new window / unclick "Full Scene Anti-Aliasing" (or set slider at minimum) and see if graphics are better.

And do not forget about compatibily mode like "Windows XP (service pack 3)"

Btw. in the MOULa version, the graphics settings can be modify only after having started the game / wrench icon lower right / graphic image icon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:02 pm 

I'm on Windows 10 x64 and have an Intel HD Graphics 4000, and I have no graphics issues in Uru Live. If it makes a difference, I have antialiasing disabled, because I kind of like the hard edges for some reason...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:08 pm 

dgelessus wrote:
I'm on Windows 10 x64 and have an Intel HD Graphics 4000, and I have no graphics issues in Uru Live. If it makes a difference, I have antialiasing disabled, because I kind of like the hard edges for some reason...

How about showing him a screenshot of your graphic settings ?

You could use the free hosting image site...
https://imgsafe.org/

Edit: typo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:53 am 

As for the Intel Driver Update, it says I need a new chipset - INF update utility (which, as far as I can tell, just tells the registry the correct names of things), but when I try to install it, the install always fails ("Unknown error").

The anti-aliasing box on the graphics tab is already unchecked (and grayed out).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:48 pm 

Edit: see next post by Mac_Fife

Too bad you still refuse to tell us the graphics card number.

Use windows 10 automatic updates application in control panel.

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:56 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Yes, but that just installs a tool that scans to see what (Intel) drivers your system might need. I tried that a few months ago and on my Win7 machine it proposed the chipset update which, like Gardonis, simply failed making the tool seem pretty useless.

Gardonis' Intel HD graphics won't be a card, it'll be built into the CPU, so whether it is HD2000, HD3000 or HD4000 will depend on the generation of CPU. You can work that out if you get the full CPU part number from the computer properties.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:29 pm 

Following Mac_Fife post, I have edited my above post.

Since we are still playing a guessing game, I would still believe that updating through Windows Updates is still the best bet.

My researches make me believe that windows 10 is using its basic "integrated" graphics app and not the Intel video integrated cpu. Only a DXDIAG could attest to that.

In the mean time How to manually update your Windows Intel HD Graphics drivers windows 10"...
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:57 pm 

All it says about the CPU is Core i3. When I ask Windows to scan for driver updates, it says the best drivers for my system are already installed. When I go to Intel & try to get the latest Windows 10 drivers, it says my computer doesn't meet the minimum standards.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:08 pm 

Correction: Core i3 m350. When I look at the specs for that processor, it just says "Intel HD Graphics." Argh.